Unexpected rise that is repeated

aurora2's profile photo   10/27/2012 3:48 p.m.

Hello, you will see, lately, a lack of control in diabetes is happening to me in a few exact hours and it is very rare, see if you can help me
Since I believe that problem my diabetes would be much better, I start the morning well, and after eating too ..., later at 8 in the afternoon
I wear the lantus, and there I take the test since at 9 ceno and I want to be prepared in case I have to run but there already highs me without eating anything or without being snorted, why will it be?Change the Lantus schedule?The truth is that if it were not for that climb to the same time ...., it would be much better, since I planted in 340 or more ... and I do not feel well.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/27/2012 3:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What blood glucose do you have at 6 in the afternoon?

The idea is to see if at that time you are at values ​​below 180 and the high is then ...

If the high is then, it may be "guilt" of Lantus ... that does not cover you 24 hours.

If not, you want to snack, you could try to put 1 fast unit at 6 pm and see what values ​​you get to dinner.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/28/2012 3:32 a.m.

Owas, because at five o'clock is 150-140 and on other occasions a little higher but never more than 200, I eat both, and instead of testing
Two hours later I do it at three o'clock because I know that insulin stops taking effect, and five to six or so will it be the same?The problem is at 8 that is when I get Lantus and how I still have 1 hour for dinner I do the test in case it must be corrected but it is rare the day that is not 300 or more, and the snack already see if II would desire, but ...., uf if I arrive like this without snacking anything ... but of course I put insulin for the snack would it be better?If it's the Lantus, I put it later?That questions, if a moment comes that I think I know everything but then get out of control and I realize that I still have a lot to learn

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/28/2012 5:08 a.m.

You should discover when you upload exactly

I, what I would do would be to measure myself first 3 hours after food (about 5)
Then I would measure myself around 7, if you are already high (above 200) it would be necessary to correct there with 1 fast unit (without eating anything)
At 9, when you have dinner, measure yourself and evaluate how the correction has gone

If you have done well, you already have the solution ...
If you have not done well and you are still high at dinner time, you can try to put 2 units (the general rule to lower hyperglycemia is 1 insulin unit every 50 glycemia)

DiabetesForo
10/28/2012 5:21 a.m.

Well ....., as I already measure me at 5 and that's fine, I will also measure me at seven how well you say if I pillo the time when I get up, thank you.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/28/2012 7:21 a.m.

Aurora, I, that problem I suffered.You just have to find the exact time to put the Lantus.

I tried many schedules and hit it at 23 hours, that is, 2 hours after dinner, in this way, the 2 hours that you run out of basal effect cover it with the quick of dinner.

Try it and it is constant and the results take a little, you know.

Now that I get "good control", it's over, I already have the pump, although I will connect it to day 8.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/28/2012 4:39 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Romevila yes, I am doing it as you say but I wait an hour after dinner, if I see that it doesn't work I will wait two and so
Until I correct it, but look that I was doing well so, do you remember?Well, not anymore, ... in short ..., hey !!!You already have a bomb, that well you will tell us
If you notice changes, that it will surely be for the better, do not forget and when you have it on, that on the 8th it is at the corner of the corner you tell us.A kiss and thanks
For giving your opinion.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/29/2012 10:25 a.m.

Well, nothing that still happens to me "that disgusts" and now I have the analytics and I am to see, but it is weird ..., after eating is fine
And at three hours without eating anything, why does it go up?If not as anything, ... well I will tell you how hemoglobin came out on Monday I will ask for an appointment ....

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
11/03/2012 3:27 a.m.

Hi Aurora!
I think it's because the Lantus does not last 24 hours and may be discovered from 6 in the afternoon.I don't last 24 hours either and what I do is put a quick unit for those 2 hours, but without eating anything since glycemia lies, I don't lower it to me.I put it before eating, about 14h, and the fast unit about 12 noon.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
11/03/2012 6:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

When the pattern of Lantus+Rapida (Basal+Bolus) is taken, "the faults" of the glycemia are:

- Within 3 hours after each meal, the culprit is rapid
- Out of those 3 hours of meals the culprit is slow

So Lantus is probably missing or does not cover you 24 hours
As Alga says, and I also commented before, that can solve it by putting 1 fast unit in the afternoon (without snack), that will control you of glycemia and make it not shoot so much.
Another option is to delay the lantus a bit for dinner to cover those 3 hours last

DiabetesForo
11/04/2012 3:10 a.m.

As I try to put the Lantus insulin later, I will now try to pierce a fast in the afternoon see what happens,
Thank you very much for buestra contribution.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
11/04/2012 11:42 a.m.

That also happens to me before the upper dinner, it is because I do not get the lantus, so in the snack I put some units of fast and so I get better.

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
11/04/2012 11:49 a.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

Well, as I fear .. Hemoglobin 8.8 UF that disappoints, instead of lowering up, that really disgusts ... is to despair.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
11/14/2012 6:11 a.m.

Let's see Aurora do not hopeless that nothing is solved;), you have to try to solve and little by little you will go down, you will see it.How many times a day do you measure yourself?correct when you are high?That hemoglobin says that you are high not only in a short period of the day, I think so, I can be wrong, so it is important to measure you a lot to be able to remedy.
Come, courage, don't lower your arms .....

A kiss

DiabetesForo
11/14/2012 6:18 a.m.

Thanks Prado for your daughter daughter, but it really is to despair because I was waiting for her a little but not so ...,
You will see myself the test 6 times a day, I correct according to the expert meter that although I have not been with the ..., it helps me a lot
But before having it also correjia, my daily results are not at all so high, only the problem that I already exposed here, which I went up
In the afternoon, but it is already solucinated with putting me Lantus later, so I don't know what to do the truth anymore ..... yesterday I was with the educator and saw my results
In the book and he herself I thought that with those respondents she would be better and notice when I gave me the results today, I thought about calling her to say it but with the strike
As normal is not, but this is another that is brought ... yesterday looking for the solution so that I will not happen more about the climbs, I have a comment on the continuous meter that if one would see one would see theTime that is more or less out of control and daughter asks me, did I never put on a sensor?And the waist touched
As did not remember what the continuous meter was called, really ... that after asking for so long and denying it and now I get with that, fuck ..., you have to swallow every knot so as not to insult that you do not see, in short ..., disgust for the day but good .... the next time I hope to be better, that they are already 36 years and the endocrine thinks that pregnancy nothing ... again thank you very much for your animalsPrado

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
11/14/2012 9:05 a.m.

Dare aurora, surely the next glycosilada will get better
Keep in mind that perhaps your endo only sees the values ​​of the last month, and although they are the most important, only with that you do not explain a high glycosilada ...

The important thing is that you want to improve ... try to give short steps, very specific objectives.
If you now manage to solve that mid -afternoon climb it is already very important.

DiabetesForo
11/14/2012 1:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.