I'm made a mess

marrotro's profile photo   01/24/2011 6:12 p.m.

Hello: I am new and I am worried about several "problems": I tell you: I have diabetes mellitus II with family history that I know even my grandfather.The truth is that having a sanitary system arranged my doctors do not explain to me well many things.I have found the forum and I have thought that maybe you can help me.

1º.- Leo in the forum that when clicking with 8 mm BD needle you have to take a pinch (I did not do it so far and I get quite a cardinals) and I ask you how do you take the pinch p.e.in the arms?

2º.- I don't know how to eat anymore, sometimes (I just put insulin at night) After eating I have 220, do we weigh quantities?If as a pasta or rice I do insulin and also get on.If as a vegetable and ham york it goes up.I can't even sleep for a nap because I get up with her.Could you tell me forbidden things or that they climb a lot to take me out of them?

3º.- At two hours of eating, the glucose is at the top or has it already had to go down to normal?My doctor has told me that he has already had to go down, but people tell me that from two hours he lowers and that I have understood badly.I don't know and I am made a mess.

4º.- I have read in the forum that Sweet if you can take something that should not be removed at all, I also know that for the brain it is good but I have suppressed it total.

Well, thanks and I am delighted to have found you, then another forum on another subject of health did a lot of good at a very bad time for me and seeing you I have thought that at least I have found people who have gone through this,

marrotro's profile photo
marrotro
01/24/2011 6:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Marrotro.

You do not tell us if you carry any treatment apart from the insulin of the night (which I suppose it will be lantus) possibly oral antidiabetic takes.

In any case, you are not well controlled, that is clear.More than taking out things, what you need is a good treatment adjustment.Try to see you an endocrine instead of the header.You may need a change of pills, or more insulin, or both.Certainly, you should not abuse sweets or fast absorption hydrates, at least until you get more insulin and otherwise.However, suppressing hydrates is very harmful and you should not do it.

I have an excellent website for you to consult.Here we use it a lot.

The two hours, it depends on what you have eaten, but it is normal for two hours or two and a half hours to be the highest point of blood glucose, unless you have ingested enough fats, because then it takes longer.In any case, there is no exact time nor is it the same in all people.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 6:57 p.m.

Thanks for your quick answer.I have been in the night insulin for 4 years, it is a Humalog because at first I went up only at night but now the endocrine (I go to him and it was the one who put the insulin of treatment) when he sees the profiles says that there are peaks laterFrom eating but that glycosolate is not bad, but I feel after eating at two hours and when I see that I am afraid of my mother's background are bad.

I do not take pills because the liver was bad and that's why I started directly with insulin.

Sometimes I think I'm going to get around me before eating some insulin, little, because I would be quieter, and sometimes I think I must change endocrine and see what he tells me.Insulin being quickly controlled it well.

I will enter the link you say.Thank you so much.

marrotro's profile photo
marrotro
01/25/2011 5:42 a.m.

If you usually have peaks after eating, for me it is quite clear that you need something quick before the food.In your case I would start by putting a unit and seeing what happens.
Anyway, if you are not happy with the endocrine, ask the change.It is essential that you take someone who understands you and who you trust.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 9:20 a.m.

Hello: I am new and I am worried about several "problems": I tell you: I have diabetes mellitus II with family history that I know even from my grandfather.The truth is that having a sanitary system arranged my doctors do not explain to me well many things.I have found the forum and I have thought that maybe you can help me.

1º.- Leo in the forum that when clicking with 8 mm BD needle you have to take a pinch (I did not do it so far and I get quite a cardinals) and I ask you how do you take the pinch p.e.in the arms?

2º.- I don't know how to eat anymore, sometimes (I just put insulin at night) After eating I have 220, do we weigh quantities?If as a pasta or rice I do insulin and also get on.If as a vegetable and ham york it goes up.I can't even sleep for a nap because I get up with her.Could you tell me forbidden things or that they climb a lot to take me out of them?

3º.- At two hours of eating, the glucose is at the top or has it already had to go down to normal?My doctor has told me that he has already had to go down, but people tell me that from two hours he lowers and that I have understood badly.I don't know and I am made a mess.

4º.- I have read in the forum that Sweet if you can take something that should not be removed at all, I also know that for the brain it is good but I have suppressed it total.

Well, thanks and I am delighted to have found you because another forum on another subject of health did me a lot of good at a very bad moment for me and seeing you I have thought that at least I have found people who have gone through this,

Holassss
I answer your questions:
1.- Use the 5 mm needles and you will not have to do pinco anywhere ... The recommendations is that except for great obesity, 5mm needles are always used for all people
Look at this link:

2,3 and 4.- You can and you must eat everything ... with measure and without passing you ... the website that Alea has been on the "Bible".

There are no universal responses that serve for everyone ... The theory is one thing but then we have a body that works differently.
Here what commands are glycemia measurements ...

Normally, everyone starts to point everything, but absolutely everything, what happens to us and do (meals, schedules, insulin, nerves, colds, exercise ....)
With a good amount of data ... you can start studying them and see how our body works, surely something different from what it puts in the books.

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 1:53 p.m.

Welcome to the forum !!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2011 4:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you all I am happy to have found you

marrotro's profile photo
marrotro
01/26/2011 5:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.