Priority in consultations medical tests

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/28/2011 3:28 p.m.

Hello, I am a daughter of diabetic and accompany her to medical consultations and tests to which the demand to go fasting and therefore Without its dose of insulin , this implies some anxiety about the fear of risk of hypoglycemia, given this situation I warn of its diabetics condition, in some sistuationHe prioritizes the turn, in others I have had to listen to an inoportuna response, so I have raised complaint before the center's management.

I do not know:?I would like it to confirm it to demand that it be fulfilled: Oops :;And if there is no proposal to develop this.
At the same time I invite those diabetics who, when attending this type of consultations and tests, manifest their diabetic status to prioritize their attention when these situations (be on an emptyinsulin dose). ;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 3:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not know which community you are, but in our case, in Asturias, when I go with my daughter to the extraction of blood for analytics, we do not have to wait for a turn, but we enter through another door where it puts "preferential", and it is, betweenOthers, for diabetics.

It must be similar in the other sites and, if not, demand it in gerily or in patient care.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 3:38 p.m.

If insulin is the basal, you have to put it the same.Sugar can be taken, to prevent hypoglycemia, that will not alter the analytics.My daughter, both in Asturias and Madrid, has preference in the analysis because it is diabetic, and it is logical that it is so.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2011 4:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In Andalucia, specifically in Malaga, it was like that until a year or so.The diabetics had priority in the analytics but with the abuses of many people, mainly type II without insulin, they kitar it.Now we have to wait as well as all, for my last analysis I wait for more than an hour, it is not very much matter, a couple of controls to see how I was going and my basal basal always;)

DiabetesForo
01/29/2011 4:09 a.m.

Formally, in Valencia, Alzheimer's patients have priority in health care, urgent and programmed.
The regional health leaders and patient associations signed that agreement will make year and peak ... it seems that it is fulfilled.

In our case, it depends on glycemia (what a novelty) ... If we are at 200 we will give us the same, wait for not ...
Except in the case of young children, people with dementia or unable to recognize a hypo we should not be treated differently, unless we had very low figures ... For me with 70 I would consider it a priority.

DiabetesForo
01/29/2011 6:30 a.m.

It is logical about the preference with a diabetic person, for the subject of hypoglycemia. In my health center, there are no preferences or anything, here, when living in a "people", it is the law of yesteryear: whom I get up early, God helps him. Well, the diabetics, we have to hit an extra early risOpen the ambulatory ... but well, I already got used to it, apart from being diabetics, because I am very nervous, and so soon as I serve me, I stay for breakfast and go to work without haste.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/29/2011 7:52 a.m.

I am looking at this topic and I just learned that there is a priority for diabetics, here they have got to wait a week to be able to do the analytics, hopefully I can catch appointment by looking at me on Friday for the following week on Tuesday,Here in Almeria it is painful, at least in my town, so from here on I will start moving for private, because I do not see very normal to have to wait a week to be able to do an analysis and to the head doctor when I see them are5 min per consultation and tell me have you have strips or pills? And whether or not the result is fine or not.

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
01/30/2011 12:12 p.m.

The thread does not speak of making an appointment to make a consultation and that they give you that appointment before being diabetic, the thread also talks about going to test on an empty stomach (take out fasting blood) and that they pass people first with people withDiabetes (and insulin treatment) since it is on an empty stomach and can suffer hypoglycemia while waiting if an insulin puncture is working.

In my case when I am going to get blood there is a first tail to the counter where the papers/forms are delivered, that first tail is passed by the whole world but once you reach the counter and deliver the papers/forms, priorities are assigned as a function ofThe test to perform or the disease (diabetes, transplanted, ... etc) when seeing in the papers the word "diabetes" ask "is it insulin?"And if you respond "yes" they put you in a separate list where they are only diabetic and you just have to wait for the diabetics who have gone that same day they have arrived before you.

DiabetesForo
01/30/2011 12:46 p.m.

I am from Asturias, and in the Concino Health Center (Vallobín) they do not give preferential access to diabetics, and this is where I put a claim to the Primary Care Management, for the unfortunate response I received from a nurse, the management hasAnswer to my claim with arguments that do not respond or echo the essence of my claim that is (prioritize attention for the diabetic), so I have responded as follows:

On January 10, 2011, I issue a response to the claim made by me, to which I want to respond in the following sense:

1st My claim does not intend to question or demand the hourly accuracy in the previous appointment.

2 It is true that they should be organized, in times and numbers of patients.(And at this point my claim, the only thing they intend is that within this context, the patient's pathologies are taken into account (in the case that originates the diabetic patient claim, 79 that comes without being able to put the necessary dose of insuliafor needing to fast to the extinguishing of blood, and without applying the morning dose of insulin (with potential risk of hypoglycemia)

3rd I did not intend at any time that it was considered an urgency, if the professional, when transmitting the diabetics condition, took into account based on such a condition to prioritize their attention.(Situation that when making the next call of calls after communicating that my mother was a diabetic, the person in charge if he asked who was the diabetic person to pass first) extreme that I collect in the claim and manifest my gratitude..

4º. It is not the delay in the rhythm of the citations that originates my complaint, I understand that there are situations that can break the established rhythms (as was the case that originated that day the delay; the attention to a girl who did not find their veinAnd the extraction made them difficult, I don't think that anyone question the matter)

5th At no time do I say that the language used by the professional XXXXXXXX, was offensive, if I express that his answer bothers me ("like both others"), because as a professional, it does not seem correct.If the answer had given me an administrative assistant, I would not have made this claim or complaint.

6º My goal is to arouse awareness, and ask that a prioritization protocol be applied (which I think should exist if there is no longer due to diabetic people.

Greetings, cordial.

DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 4:02 p.m.

Eola, as TNT tells you, in the hospital they do give priority, making another tail for diabetics, so in the health center they would have to do the same.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/01/2011 4:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am also from Asturias, also from Oviedo (but I have) And in the hospital you can make me know in three places: in external consultations (there are priorities), in polyclinic extractions (there are priorities) and on the 9th floor of building A (it is the endocrinology and nutrition plant bone nutritionthat are aware of the subject).

If you are going to have to use the car, you don't care to go directly to the hospital (to any of those three sites) and in principle you should not have a problem at least with the issue of priorities.

DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 5:33 p.m.

I usually go to the hospital directly since I don't have to make an appointment, and I have freedom when going one day or another.

There are usually about 50-60 people on the street waiting, and once the doors are opened and the front row is formed, a nurse is passing in several rows, and although I stay in the "general" the operation isfast and does not usually take more than 20 minutillos.I always measure me before leaving home to see how I go, and it has never happened to me, but if I noticed a hicc as I hope, I do not think I had problems being treated with priority.

If there are no problems, I hope how everyone.After all is what I defend: we are normal, and we want to be treated as normal people.

It's like when I'm going to eat at a friend's house, and I hear the question "What do you want to eat?"And that, at first, was fine, because I didn't control so much.Now I tell you that they do not worry, that I will eat what everyone eats, and that I already adapt my dose of insulin depending on what eats, for me, that is normality, and being able to live with my diabetes.Do not condition my life beyond the indispensable.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/02/2011 2:54 a.m.

It seems very good to me what Nacho says, but when it comes to an older person, the thing is more complicated when you accompany her and you see that she becomes nervous to be fasting and for the fear of decomposing her levels and, she transmits your anxiety, you are not in your body and you do not know how it is working and then you are afraid that you suffer and that you are living that nervousness and that anxiety.
You have every right to live normally with your diabetes, but when the eldest loses his self -control of his diabetes there is a vital risk and this also had to live it.

DiabetesForo
02/08/2011 4:24 p.m.

They have never given me priority for diabetes in the analytics (neither anywhere), I look before going and if I see that I am low I take sugar or take it there as I see the speed at which the tail progresses.Then in the results I tell the endocrine that day I get a little fair and that I had to take some sugar.

Today, without going any further, I have made an endoscopy and had to be fasting all day (from 10 in the morning to 4:30 p.m.), an hour before the test was 60 so I had taken aPair of sugar because otherwise he would have hiccups and in the test itself.

The sugar enters directly in blood, so the only thing that should alter is the result of glucose in the analysis, in my case, the endocrine carries my controls with the glycosylated and I take a couple of leaves with some tables where they are reflectedThe results of the last month and a half, among which are the morning results before breakfast, so it is there (and not in the result of one day) where you see how you carry it.And about not putting the insulin, they have only asked me once and it was for a test of the glucose tolerance curve in all the others I go with my basal "chute" (among other things because II put at night).

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/08/2011 4:41 p.m.

Eola, and do not hesitate that if one day I am waiting and I feel a hypo ...... I will ask for privileges without hesitation.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/09/2011 4:02 a.m.

I, today I am not a diabetic, if I have the risk of being because of genetic inheritance.
It seems more normal to me than the health system knowing the needs and difficulties of the diabetic treats how should you treat you , and if not, it must be made to see the health professionals that is necessary sensitize of the needs and situations of diabetics.
(Lew, because deceiving the endocrine and not telling him the truth?) It would be more positiveYour need to take sugar.

I opened this debate because I believe sanitaryly convenient to prioritize diabetics in this type of analytical or medical tests and I think we must sensitize everyone in this sense (the same diabetics, professionals and non -diabetics).

DiabetesForo
02/09/2011 5:07 p.m.

Well, in my case, as I said "trick" the result but on the day of the consultation I say that I take some sugar because I had hypo.Personally, I am analyzed with the state of nervousness/anxiety that generate hypoglycemia does not make me any funny, if before such a case I prefer to take some sugar (dextrose, which enters blood from my own mouth), to make me theAnalysis quietly and tell the truth to the endocrine, who, surely tell me that I have to reduce the amount of basal if it is common to get up with levels so close to the limit.Come on, there is no need to deceive anyone (among other things because the only one who is deceived here is oneself), in any case is to avoid a problem (a hypoglycemia that has to be treated since you get up and not since youThey do the analysis, no matter how prioritize).

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/09/2011 6:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.