schedule put insulin

Consu's profile photo   01/28/2011 4 p.m.

I propose this topic because I think I do not do it well, not every day I get up at the same time, 8 in the morning or 10 or 11. Is it to be extractic?Thanks and edeu ...: P

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/28/2011 4 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

If you are with a "bolus-base" treatment the schedule of basal insulin is very important that it is always at the same time, as specific as possible.

According to your signature, it seems that you use at least three types of insulin (Levemir, Novorapid and Novomix) basal insulin is the levemir.We do not know if you have the lesspyr in two punctures or only in one, whether in one way or another its schedule must be as punctual as possible, the others (which I suppose are for meals) can be more flexible (They put when you are going to breakfast/eat/snack/dinner and can move the schedules a bit).

Do you have the one you guide her in a single puncture?I don't understand what that novomix paints there (those commercial mixtures).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 4:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks TNT,
Novomix 70 ---- 5 units.When I get up.
Novomix 50 --- 15 units.Before eating.
Novarrapit --- 10 units.Before dinner.
Levemir ---- 11 units. (If I have less than 180 sugar, 10 units.) Before sleeping.This is my treatment with hairs and signs
The levimir if I wear it punctual, but in the morning, I never get up at the same time.Too many insulins:-/ right?

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/28/2011 4:32 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Four different types of insulin seem too many, it seems to me a very prone treatment to errors (it is already relatively easy to be confused in the dose as well as confusing the type of insulin).

By being able to be only with two of those four insulins: 2 punctures of Levemir + 3 novorapid punctures in meals that is the most normal when you use a low basal insulin but well ... if you continue with that treatment as is the punctureLevemir and breakfast prick (Novomix 70) should be very specific since that Novomix 70Hours with a peak at about 3 hours), that breakfast NPH is more or less your basal insulin for the day since your basal insulin at night is the Levemir.

That said ... I think he is a mess of insulins what you have, crazy walking with 4 types when you could be half (Levemir + Novorapid).

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 4:51 p.m.

It also seems a lot of mess 4 types of insulin ... And of them, 3 could be used as basal:-/: shock:
I do not understand why the 2 Novomix guides you:-/, their action is similar and its effect converges in a few hours of the day.
The only explanation is that in the afternoon you are quite high and the Novomix 50 compensates that climb ... but the Breakfast Novomix 70 is a nonsense.
I think you would be more stable with the guideline that TNT comments: Levemir at breakfast and dinner + novorapid in meals

Matizo:
Novomix 70, has 70% Insulin Aspart (ultrarapida) and 30% action similar to the NPH effect starts at 10 - 20 minutes of injection.The maximum effect is reached between 1 and 4 hours after injection.The maximum duration of the action is from 14 to 24 hours ... depending on doses and person.

The same happens with the Novomix 50: is 50% ultrarapida and 50% NPH

The effect of the NPH begins at the time and something, the maximum effect appears between 4 and 12 hours following the puncture, with an approximate action duration of about 24 hours ... always depending on doses and person.

Types of insulin:

DiabetesForo
01/30/2011 3:09 a.m.

I believed that the mixed ones were a mixture of NPH with regular insulin (fast), if they are NPH with an ultra-op, it seems to me that their treatment makes less sense PQ is already with the novorapid (Insulina Aspart, ultra-opted insulin) inAll meals, sometimes "accompanied" (at breakfast and food) and once alone (at dinner), who has prescribed that treatment must be very afraid that it will remain without insulin to cover the daytime basal ... (or that or may not have much idea ... either of the two things ...).

Be that treatment as it is very prone to errors (of dose and the type of insulin) and is a difficult treatment to regulate since it is to return to the past, to have several insulins at certain times of the day working simultaneously, overlapping (a modification (a modificationIn one of the mixed it affects the glycemia of almost all day).

I also see a problem when trying to save a bit in terms of material (needles) since being 4 injections of 4 different types of insulins is very complicated to reuse needles from one ball/pen to another bowl/pen since (leavingOn one side that the needles are delayed) When doing that, the content of the bowling/feathers would be "contaminated".
If I were with Levemir + Novorapid at least Levemir's needles could reuse with a levemir (the two punctures of the day with a single needle) and the novorapid needles could reuse them with Novorapid (the three punctures of the day with a single needle)Although well ... this of reusing the material is in the background compared to what is commented in the previous paragraph (more prone to errors in doses or in types of insulin, difficulty in the regulation of treatment ...).

DiabetesForo
01/30/2011 6:04 a.m.

On Tuesday I go to the endocrine, finally and without commenting anything I will tell you if they are not too many insulins, to have told me.I have 6 mese with these doses and it has only vojed 0´8, I mean before Hemo had 8´9 and now 8´1, something is going wrong.Now I will read your comments well, I have printed them.I'll tell you, thank you very much.: P

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/30/2011 12:08 p.m.

Uff if it is true that they are too many, I the time they put me with insulin had a novorapid and the lantus and sometimes I mislead me ... Well, with 4 ... mirate it because if I have not done long for a long time for going down Aalgo fails.

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
01/30/2011 12:16 p.m.

Consu the normal treatments that are currently prescribed to the people who are with multiple injections of insulin are called basal-bolus (or bolus-base) and 2 types of insulin are used (only 2 types): a basal insulin (usuallybe lantus or levemir) and another insulin to cover the food bowling (which is usually humalog or novorapid or apidra).

That is why we miss us a little (at least to me) that you are with a multiple injection treatment and that this treatment is with 4 types of insulins without a justified cause.

Unless there is a justified cause you could only be with 2 of those 4 insulin: Levemir (as basal insulin) + Novorapid (as insulin to cover food bowling, to cover meals).

Although with Levemir people say that you can adjust to a single puncture a day the normal (and easier) with a levemir is to have two punctures a day (one every 12 hours) that added to the three punctures a day of novorapid (one forEach meal) would have 5 punctures a day, it would be one more than the 4 that you are putting on now but it would be a more "normal" treatment, easier to adjust the doses of the punctures (PQ would be using one of the types of insulin only forThe basal and another type only for meals), less prone to errors (using less types of insulins, the treatment is less likely to confuse the type of insulin), it would be a more flexible treatment with meal schedules (you could move the schedulesof meals without affecting just the rest of the day) and would be a treatment in which you would possibly be better controlled.

I rescued a post of mine where the issue of current treatments for diabetics of type 1 more than anything for the graphics explained to another forero, although the explanation can also have some interest: Diabetes/how many-Varillas-Podeis-Gastar-Media-Por-Dia-T7188.html#P105667

DiabetesForo
01/30/2011 1:43 p.m.

Novomix 70 ---- 5 units.When I get up.In Nalga.
Novomix 50 --- 16 units.Before eating.In leg or buttock
Novarrapit --- 8 units.Abdomen.Levemir ---- 10 units.Nalga. (Before dinner).The two together.Abdomen and buttock
Hello, this is what I will do now according to the endocrine that has only been telling me that I was accumulating insulin and that so many insulins is because I need them and that many people use them just like me.You know they don't give many explanations.And nothing until June, together with the review, I will be six months without knowing the hem.And that's it, to follow Pante as those of Alicante.:)) And to take care of a lot: Twisted:

Consu's profile photo
Consu
02/01/2011 12:31 p.m.

Well, often mess of insulins, that does not understand or God ... :)) and that many people use it do not believe it and if you believe it then better to change from endo ..... in short .....:-/.I hope it works for you .....

DiabetesForo
02/01/2011 4:17 p.m.

Consu, with those insulins you are very tied to meal schedules.If you had only a basal and the rapid at meals, you would have freedom of schedules to put the fast and eat at any time, because you would have 24 hours with the basal.
Tell the endocrine, that some seem like that people like to complicate people ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/01/2011 4:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you Regina, and Prado, what are I doing?If I see that in June the hem has not lowered, I will think about changing the endo.Is there anyone who has this treatment?Tell me, for Fabor.I will tell the educator the month I know, with her if you can speak, doctors are drier.ADEUUUU

Consu's profile photo
Consu
02/01/2011 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.