{'en': 'Food absorption or digestion times', 'es': 'Tiempos de absorción o digestión de los alimentos'} Image

Food absorption or digestion times

puri's profile photo   02/06/2011 7:16 a.m.

Hi how are things?

I have a great doubt, rather practical, and I don't know if someone will have stopped to observe my approach.

I would need, rather, I would like to know the time (approximate), that it takes certain foods to be assimilated by the body, that is, the time that the body helps to transform certain foods so that glucose rises or falls.

I know which are rapid and slow absorption (sugars, and simple and complex hydrates), but in practice, I don't know the times.For example at noon, I do not get well at lunchtime (at 13.00 I have 80 and to get up to 14.30 I take some nuts; those peanuts help me upload the sugar a little, but the maximum point of that climb how hard?

Another example, today without going any further in mid -morning I was 60, and I am doing me faster, there are two tablespoons of sugar with water, and then I have taken my lunch (40 of bread with turkey 1 apple and 1 tangerine)They help me to get to food well, but those foods accumulate in the postpandrial?.How long does it take to start climbing both a type of food and others?

If someone understands my approach, if you can throw me a cable, would you appreciate it?

Kisses

puri's profile photo
puri
02/06/2011 7:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Puri.

I perfectly understand your question, but the answer is for note;)

To begin with, absorption times not only depend on the glycemic index (slow or fast hydrates), but on multiple factors: food with which hydrates are combined (it is not the same to take an orange alone than to do it after a salad);the amount of fat that carries a meal (the bread has a lower absorption time if you eat it only than if you take it with butter);The fiber that carries a meal (the more fiber, the more absorption slows down) ... and a long etcetera of factors.

If we add to this that each person is different and that, even in the same person, the times depend on one thousand factors (stress, cold, heat, sedentary lifestyle, exercise, disease ....) Well, that the mathematical response does notexists.

Anyway, if you usually go down to meals, it is left over basal insulin.Tell us what treatment you carry and we can guide you better.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/06/2011 7:56 a.m.

If you are type 1 all food with carbohydrates that eats between hours will rise the blood glucose until you put the corresponding ultra -opide insulin.
If you are type 2, your own body, helped by oral antidiabetics, will produce the corresponding insulin for the food you eat

The absorption speed is measured by the glycemic index, as Alea points out.

DiabetesForo
02/06/2011 1:05 p.m.

Let's see, I click Levemir 20 on an empty stomach in the morning, and helped me a strict diet for diabetics;I take 30 u.de cortisona in the morning, immunosuppressants, calcium ... my question is because I have a pretty playful glucose today I have 80, and tomorrow taking the same thing and at the same time I have180, in addition, I move the doses of cortisone and II am the one that I have to manage, I will not be every day in the doctor to ask.If I have 60 in the middle of the morning and take fruit and a edge bread, when my glucose blood begins to climb?Can I be calm if I'm on the street?If at 13.00 I have 90 and until 14.30 I will not eat, I take some peanuts, or a cookie to endure, but what time it takes to influence my body so that it really endures until 14.30?1 hour, 1/2, 3 hours?Where could you get that approximate information?I trust what I am doing, even if I do not stop clicking to know how I go?
On the other hand, I do not know when the Levemir begins to take effect;They have told me that he has no spikes, but I don't know.If I puncture at 07.30 with breakfast, really when it starts to take effect and even when it accompanies me?
Since I am, we have been pricking insulin in the gut for more than three months;Should I start changing another area such as ass?It seems that it does not take me as much effect as before, but I don't know how to be a juerguista of my glucose, and the number of factors that influence it.
Thanks and forgive for the complicated matter

puri's profile photo
puri
02/07/2011 8:19 a.m.

The questions you ask about absorption times have no answer among other things because each body is a world with different life rhythms with different treatments and it is difficult for someone to have documented things like: how much does x feed up, when its absorption has its maximum peak, how long it takes to be totally absorbed ... etc. and if there is that information its reliability is scarce by what is commented at the beginning.

What can be said without a very error is that taking medications such as corticosteroids can affect the blood glucose levels quite a lot since insulin resistance may be greater (and with it the necessary insulin doses increase).
If, in addition to having to take this type of medicines, you say that the doses or schedules of corticosteroids vary quite that can be one of the possible causes of the variations of your glucemics (although there are many possible causes).

With respect to Levemir insulin: it is an analogous insulin of prolonged action (it is a basal insulin) and although this type of insulin can be pricked anywhereslowly that for example the belly or arms.
Be the way it is always to rotate the punctures and within the same area you have to move (not always click on the same place).
As for its duration ... although there are people who are with a single puncture to the day, most people who are with the insulin Levemir usually have 2 punctures a day (one every 12 hours).

DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 9:43 a.m.

Puri is impossible to answer you because you and only you can know what happens for your body.You have no choice but to measure you often until you answer yourself.The same cookie does not make the same effect to you as for example, nor does it up the same ..... nor do we have the same sensitivity to insulin, nor do we make the same life .... etc ....
So you have no choice but to apply the trial-error theory and thus learn how your body reacts.

DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 10:11 a.m.

What I do is Ajudte error adjustment error.In other words, there are foods that I am sure what its effect is and in what amount.And from here we change others.Des 3 weeks ago my son carries the sensor and allows me to do these analyzes

evacf's profile photo
evacf
03/01/2019 6:25 a.m.

Ufff is that what you ask is very difficult, they have already told you above but in the end it depends on a thousand stories.

Corticosteroids are the worst for diabetics with insulin, they cancel its effect, I spent a few days with glucocorticoids, and I could put an entire ball that did not lower me anything.Not going down, more you eat your head, and that begins to climb ... without stopping ... you putting units as if there were no tomorrow and nothing, the peak continued to go up ... In the end I had to resort to methods... let's say ... alternative and go down, I already tell you that if he went down ...

Returning to the theme, the absorption of each food is a world, your body is a world ... all you can do is pull monitoring and rehearsal and error ... and still, there are times that nothing blocks anything ...

It happened to me, a lot of times, that starting from the same glucose figure, the same insulin units, the same food, weight, rations, brand, all the same, the same type of routine day without surprises ... I do notIt affects the same ... why?Well, go to know, I have thought about the same and my brain has consumed more, or suddenof insulin less or that the extraterrestrial have come and they have abducted me..jajajaj ... in short ... namely!

I try not to give it many turns, because it is so and and the same, there is no other 😝

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
03/01/2019 8:02 a.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Hi Puri.For end someone refers to my name.I've been with diabetes mellitus 1 for 39 and I still haven't taken everything.I do have controlled several guidelines, how much glucose uploads with each type of fruit if I jumped any food I eat toast and fruit pieces, what is most difficult to calculate is physical exercise.I inject the fast at breakfast 35 minutes before starting to eat, at the time I never exceed 160 and if fast insulin sin always from the third I have hit a downturn.What I am very clear is that depending on my physical exercise, I move the slow a lot of fingers in Do, if I do not usually remove up to 10 units.My name means what is commonly known as the beta d, or what to say that to get this I have been for many years and always I do not keep the bad I learn something new.In inject food 21 minutes before, snack had already had time passed from the 3 portions, I placed three but I wait an hour. If I am with vomiting and diarrhea with which I place 14 units of basal insulin, it keeps me stable and of course I always have cold things andLittle elaborate York ham yogurts etc.When I pre -pre -the fast pen, purge.If my temperature is low applied heat in the injection zone that accelerates the absorption rhythm.Puri Take your two types of insulin removes the dug of the pen and place fabrics on the lip, you will notice a cold area is the ancient human insulin and the rest call it analogous.I never leave a needle stuck the pen, never the charger click if I am wrong the load I turn upside down is prohibited.I don't know if I wanted to talk about this, I have understood a Puri greeting.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/18/2020 2:57 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Puri, in your case the best is a continuous meter or the flash system.
I use free freeyle 2 that the SS covers it.
I have learned to see how each food works in my body, insulin activation times, fats.hormones, etc.
We are a guyvivo !!!
I leave quietly because I can easily measure glucose and make decisions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2020 10:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Puri, how are I going to play it, I will answer how human bodies work.How simple and complex fructose glucose has said when they decompose in the stomach pass to the liver, there they produce Ah well I lack the galactose if they produce the sucrose what is a derivative of the milk that feed the brain neurons.You eat and when the bolus arrives at the stomach the first sorcion is the dessert and the last thing that uploads is the bread.Levemir is linked to albumin where insulin works in the interstitial fluid.Sulfur -rich protein albumin that has several functions, produced by the liver The main one isCompanion requires two daily punctures but as explained to us, your medication is all well placed the insulin that proceeds with the medication you take. Everything is based on the mood and a lot of learned with the years that it is best to eat slowly eatingsalivating chewing well. With the type of life we ​​have now impossible we love stress.I think I have answered one I have put formula tried to explain simple.Surely together some conclusion are made. You have complications with one of my kidneys.Fortunately today I feel good.Greetings Puri, what a tostón that I have put you in a moment.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/17/2021 9:17 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.