Tell the rations well?

LADA's profile photo   11/22/2012 4:15 a.m.

I have a problem with the computation of HC rations.The educator gave me a role in which the most common foods came and how many of them made a ration of HC.In principle I use it very well but lately I don't know what I don't give one.
A few months ago they facilitated a bolus recommender that they say it is similar to that of insulin pumps but to use as a meter and recommender.I understand that that is recommended, but I am still afraid to make certain decisions and I prefer to run, which I did not do at first.In the hospital I have introduced all the necessary data to use it, sensitivity index, the limits ... well everything
The case, this morning, for example, I get up with 128 (I don't know how it will be a figure if good or not) I prepare breakfast 40 gr of bread and a glass of milk with decaffeinated and saccharin, according to my notes: 40 gr of bread= 2 rations, the glass of milk 1 ration and I sign up 0.5 more because I wear butter (:?) Total rations 3,5 and the recommender tells me to click 2 units.At 2 hours I arrive at work and I have 203, I have to run with 1 more unit.
The fact is that this happens to me often.I do not know if I do not tell the rations well, my machine is not well adjusted or something has changed and I do not find out.
I had thought about getting 2 u.The Lantus (which I put at 9 in the morning on medical recommendation) A of the endocrineI don't do well.
Could anyone take a hand and advise me?

LADA's profile photo
LADA
11/22/2012 4:15 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Hi Lada, I believe that the rations accounts are great ... you will see, it occurs to me that whoever scheduled the Bolus has considered the HC, s as 15gr.Instead 10, with which there could be a lag in the count, or simply scheduled it badly, because if it is the posts that you have high, it is normal for the Bolus to fail ... do you not know how to reprogram it?If so, modify it, I think it is simple if for 3.5 I need 3 units, the ratio you have at breakfast is 3/3.5, that is, the ratio is 0.85 for a more or less normal control (129).
On the increase in Lantus, you could increase it 1 to see if you lift a more tight tad, although at my 129 it does not seem so high.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/22/2012 4:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia, I am still in diapers with these things but when the laboratory girl came between her and the educator filled us a role with all the data to program the little machine, I will take a look to see if I see what you tell me and find outof something.To reprogram it I think I will call the laboratory that I do not know if I dare alone.
I look at him and see what I discover.

MuchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiSima thanks

LADA's profile photo
LADA
11/22/2012 5:05 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Lada, that also happens to you at dinner and food?
Do you wear the same ratio at breakfast, dinner food?

It is common to need more insulin in the morning, at breakfast, than at food and dinner.
Almost always the ratio at breakfast is greater than at food and dinner.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/22/2012 12:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have them well counted the only thing, why do you accounts 0.5 by butter?If it is fat unless it has sugar. What you can have bad calculated is the ratio or insulin/ration units.I have 4 different 1.2 to breakfast 1.15 to lunch 1 to food/snack and 1.05 to dinner.By the way this is my case does not mean that for everyone it is the same.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/22/2012 1:58 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Let's see that I clarify.The ratio is the same for the whole day.The data that I have in the little machine and that the educator put me and verified the endocrine are:
Ideal interval 100-160 mg/dl
Carbohydrate ratio 0.5 for 1 ration
Insulin sensitivity 1 U for 50 mg/dl
This for all time blocks.And this happens to me especially at breakfast and dinner (at dinner not always)
This morning I got up with 144 Breakfast the myiiiism that every day rations 3,5 tells me 3 u.I guess because today is higher than yesterday, at 2 hours 211 and it makes me click another.As a breakfast at 6 and the Lantus I put it at 9

SAMOZEUS: Counting 0.5 for butter is because I have read that when you eat something with more fat you should wear more and we are going more fat than butter ... but I don't know if it is.

LADA's profile photo
LADA
11/23/2012 3:44 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

It is clear that in the morning you need more insulin to cover carbohydrates.I think you will need 1 unit per ration of carbohydrates.The most normal, as Owash says, is that you have different ratios throughout the day.
If the butter you put in the toast is little you should not tell.I count fat when it is quite quantity and it will slow down the digestion.Go testing until you find the right dose for breakfast.

DiabetesForo
11/23/2012 4:33 a.m.

But maybe, I understand, only for some cases.I say it because if at the food or dinner I have p.e 84 before dinner, like 7 rations of HC the little machine chiva that puts me 3 and at two hours I have 145, if I put 1u for 1 ration I would have to put 7 units... wouldn't I get down a lot ??How do I know how much I get with a ration?

LADA's profile photo
LADA
11/23/2012 5:11 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

It is that in my opinion you would only have to put 1 unit per ration at breakfast, if the rest of the meals are well adjusted you do not have to move anything.

DiabetesForo
11/23/2012 7:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.