Do nicotine patches raise glucose levels?

paula's profile photo   02/14/2011 2:20 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have not gotten into the forum for lack of time.Vereis I have been since January 31 without smoking and in the anti -tabaco unit they recommended mythletin patches 24h to pass the monkey, that I carry quite well, what I do not get along is that since I have put on the patches I have the glucose much moreHigh, and it is not for eating more I assure you since I usually eat a lot, I am continuously correcting me since my values ​​range between 240mg and 280mg. Is anyone the same thing as me?Please advise me, I don't know if glucose is raising me for that, for anxiety, ufff ... :( :( :( above my endo has left the vacant square and for now there is no substitute for firefighters, and the truth reallyI feel quite lost.

paula's profile photo
paula
02/14/2011 2:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Paula, I think it should be rather the stress that affects you.You will have to readjust.

Anyway, there are several foreros that will assure you that the protein rises a lot;)

Try to modify the guidelines a little up to rise until it occurs.

And congratulations to quit smoking: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/14/2011 2:44 p.m.

Congratulations Paula!
I have been on December 1 without smoking ... at the beginning it is hard for the so -called "monkey", but the worst thing I have carried, is the habit, the custom of doing activities with a cigarette ... that, andAnxiety and nothing, it is best to become aware, if there is anxiety, a tilita or value, to take a nap to not think, or do activities to think about something else and distract.
I can tell you that I feel a lot better. I did not use patches. I used the electronic cigarette 0 nicotine, at least as a placebo, but I got tired of being loading it every 2 by 3 and not having just smoke, but for the bad times, it is good.
Happy courage!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/14/2011 2:54 p.m.

Thank you very much for both of you for answering.The truth is that you have left me in pictures since I thought the proteins did not go up, if I will be watching me.Thanks again

paula's profile photo
paula
02/14/2011 4:29 p.m.

As Alea says the proteins rise glucose but not as quickly as carbohydrates, they rise from 3 or 4 hours to eat them more or less, but if you pass in quantity, if you eat a normal ration does not have toaffect you too much.

DiabetesForo
02/14/2011 5:41 p.m.

Paula, I also believe that anxiety, stress can be .... In my son's case that raises more than anything else.As nervous it gets easily in 400: shock: and you can correct that until you reassure it fails to maintain an acceptable level.

DiabetesForo
02/15/2011 4:49 a.m.

Yes, Paz-Angel, I think it is anxiety or nervousness, this morning I got up with 108mg, I had not built me ​​like that, well, I started thinking (family problems ...) and at 12 I already had260mg,.But it gives me so much anger to have to take pills to calm down.: ((: ((Thanks again to all

paula's profile photo
paula
02/15/2011 8:18 a.m.

Man, take tilas, Valerianas, go running .... all that helps stress and nervousness, or at least helped me

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/15/2011 9:59 a.m.

If Kekilla, I have done all that, but it has not helped me, I continue with the two hundred and peak ..., I am so depressed that sometimes I think it is not worth fighting for anything, and even less for having theGlucose well.Well I'm getting fatal, forgive me, okay?

paula's profile photo
paula
02/15/2011 12:01 p.m.

As a nervous person, I will tell you that bad times with diabetes exist and will always exist, when it seems that you have everything suddenly controlled one day you will see that you have the highest glucose than usual or that they give you hypoglycemia when before it did not happen to you and youYou will go crazy thinking why he goes up or why he goes down without finding apparent reason.It is best not to spin without clear evidence and correct the defect when you see that you have it high, putting an extra (for example 2-3 dose) to level or exercise (although be careful because sometimes cheats and theLow principle but at 2 hours a rise in milk hits you, for example when running a short time).

On the mood, on their own experience as a nervous person I know that euphoria (anxiety and nervousness) comes first) and then depression, in both states the control of glucose is a problem (more in the second one that you don't even feel like looking at levels), so that, there is no choice but to try to cope with it quietly without waiting for the thing to be solved from one day to another because then the problem will go older and you will end up collapsing.Clear exercising (which helps a lot to carry good control) and not look every 2 for three glucose to me a lot.

I have read that nicotine is hyperglycemic in some way, this does not mean that everyone affects everyone (in fact there are those who do not even produce hyperglycemia).If you are not able to carry good control and you know that the problem is of the patches, dispense the doctor and look for another alternative (perhaps the false cigarettes those or look for some sporting activity that allows you to tire you enough).

Do not collapse for a rebel diabetes.He goes for seasons and the more laps he describes him worse, because then he will begin to climb the sugar for no apparent reason, you will become neurotic trying to look for reason and hale, sinking.

On the nicotine, in the case of tobacco I suppose that when inhaled it will enter less than with the patches (which only contain pure nicotine and enter directly in blood).If that adds anxiety, then you have a real hyperglycemic bomb: P

Joer, go sermon.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/15/2011 2:31 p.m.

I am with Lew. Come with a woman, do not discourage you.We get out of control ... then one.Come a woman, here you have us for what you need, don't discourage yourself, ok?
All the best

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/15/2011 2:46 p.m.

Jo, thank you very much to both !!!!, the truth is that I have felt very, very identified with everything that you have said, sometimes I have felt total neurotic and the worst of all is that I have almost returnedcrazy to my husband.I am going to listen to you, I will relax, I will talk to my psychiatrist and the endo when I start to give me the sermon I will say shouting: It is a pure utopia what you preach fuck!, And I will stay so comfortable, heh: twisted :,Well, obviously I will not do it, but it would be a joy ... Thank you again, it is good to know that you have people who understand and support you.

paula's profile photo
paula
02/24/2011 4:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.