Control my glucose

Don Eugenio's profile photo   12/05/2012 9:35 a.m.

Hello friends from Stockholm (and with a great snowstorm) I send them a greeting!I am new not only in the forum and also in a new concern for me such as diabetes.While today I am a passing man in years I must say that I have raised myself based on the Mediterranean cuisine.In recent years and due to serious problems lived by my wife and in relation to cancer (breast cancer), we have seen our need to completely change our food customs.For ten years we have left tobacco totally.We limit alcohol to a glass of wine in meals (formerly we used to drink some ball in friends meetings), and the meal base are limited to fish, some chicken breasts, vegetables and legumes as well as the fruit also the fruit.I must say that nusters current foods are not to throw rockets but "at least" allows us to believe that we are doing things well (?).I am medical with medicines against prostatic problems and "those things."Now the doctor told me back that although I do not have diabetes, I have a tendency to diabetes.Now I have bought a Freestyle Lite brand meter from Abbott and I have any doubt when interpreting it. I have read the meter prospect and do not show the table of values ​​and I cannot contact my doctor until the end of January.Yesterday morning I measured the fasting glucose and shows me: mmol/l 5.3.Three days before and for the first time I used this morning meter and on an empty stomach: mmol/l 5.1.Now I would need to know if these values ​​are normal or worrying.I know that for many of you my question is silly but it happens that for me this is new and I look forced to ask!Thank you

Don Eugenio's profile photo
Don Eugenio
12/05/2012 9:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Greetings Don Antonio and a welcome to you and for those who have not given them.

The food that your wife and you are magnificent, a good example to follow.

I was looking for the network about his question and found this information about his glucometer:

Therefore, your glucometer indicates this registering its reading in mmol/l (millimol per liter), however conveionally the generality of laboratories and doctors use the Mg/DL unit (milligrams for deciliters), perhaps your equipment can measure inThe two units.In any case, your readings can be multiplied by 18 and you will have your measurement in mg/dl, you have had readings of 5.3 x 18 = 95.4 mg/dl and 5.1 x 18 = 91.8.These values ​​are totally normal.70-100 mg/dl is currently considered as a normal fasting value.

Hopefully they don't have problems with the storm, a very hot chocolate cup next to his wife would not make them bad.

I really feel about his wife, I spent two years ago for cancer and I'm still alive and hanging.:))

Do not miss us.;)

Nana's profile photo
Nana
12/05/2012 10:21 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.