CANULA CHANGE

romevila's profile photo   12/15/2012 9:46 a.m.

Hello, it happens to me that I put the cannula today for example, well, before 72 hours the glycemia rises, I mean, as I do not absorb me insulin, it is as if my body detects the foreign body and late 60 60/65 hours to obstruct it .... can it be?: Twisted:

Yesterday late, climb and go up and put bolus, put bolus and put bolus and when I was already 350 at 7 pm it occurred to me to think about changing the cannula, I did it, I put bolus and zas woke up at 80.... I mean that I went down, nor did I have naúseas ,,, grrr, if this will happen to me every time I must change ..... a week I have not had.Is it normal?How much does your cannula endure?:?

If the subject is repeated, sorry.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/15/2012 9:46 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

What cannula are you using?And where do you put it on?It always happens to you or is it in certain areas?
It happens to me sometimes when I put it in my belly, I think that because there is some more fat, instead in the lower back it lasts more than four days without problems.I use the 6mm Quick Set cannula.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/15/2012 10:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Prado, use 8 mm flexlink.I always put it in the gut, just once I remember that I put it in my thigh and you can er that you are right, it lasted me more ... but it was more uncomfortable to me, because when I lower my panties: oops: sometimesI didn't remember and pull me.

Do you say in the upper back of the culete?There I have not punctured the pen, but I will have to try ..... and it is not uncomfortable?

Anyway with respect to the mm of the cannula to us, they did not ask us anything, they gave us the same to the 3 people who put the bomb at the same time, regardless of age and physical constitution.The catheter is 60 cm.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/15/2012 11:39 a.m.

Yes, right there, I find it very comfortable and that is where I last the most and where I absorb me insulin.As for the cannula to me, from the beginning they gave me the 6 mm that is what they give to the children, I tried the 9 mm but caused me bruises.If you are thin you can try a smaller cannula, ask your endocrine.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2012 12:14 p.m.

It seems like more absorption than a cannula ... I understand that the first 2 days glycemia are within the range and the third the glycemia triggered right?

I think you should try to look for alternative places (such as the rear) and let the barriga area that you used the most with the feathers rest.

What I do is: starting from near the navel (a pair of fingers of distance) I turn around the belly, putting the new catheter next to the old ... It gives me for 6 "positions" so it's 24 days,Then change side and another 24 days (change all every 4 days) ... in total about 48 days until I return to the same insertion zone.

DiabetesForo
12/15/2012 1:14 p.m.

When you tell the rear, where do you mean?I don't know if because of the triponcio that I have to badly support my back, but I just put it on the culete, right where my back begins (the same is too high ... I stay above the waist of the low pants) andFor the day well, but at night it hurts and nothing lasts ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/15/2012 2:22 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

If Owash, it is just as you understand, I will trySee if I correct the problem and the cannula lasts 4 days, PQ 65-70 hours pass very fast, or at least to me.

Thank you and I will say if it was the problem that since the bubbles already "seems" that I solved it;)

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/15/2012 4:21 p.m.

When you tell the rear, where do you mean?I don't know if because of the triponcio that I have to badly support my back, but I just put it on the culete, right where my back begins (the same is too high ... I stay above the waist of the low pants) andFor the day well, but at night it hurts and nothing lasts ...

Yes, what has been the rear Michelin ...: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
12/16/2012 2:52 a.m.

:)) :)) Well, what is said, for me it is not a good place ... the best located the gut and if I had cateters the arm, I have once put it there and neither Moraton and nothing ... but I do myselfA mess with the catheter at night ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/16/2012 3:39 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Yes, I thought about putting it into my arms, but it seemed uncomfortable thinking about the catheter, anyway in the "rear michelin" that you say Owash, it gives me that it should hurt, I don't know, I have been so tenacious, always putting it on, always gut,Thighs and arms in summer, that go to the air and it was comfortable to prick, but I will make effort and place it back.Then the bomb at the waist, right?

romevila's profile photo
romevila
12/16/2012 10:45 a.m.

:)) :)) Well, for me it is not a good place ... the best located the gut and if I had cateters the arm, I have oncePost there and neither Moraton and nothing ... but I make a mess with the catheter at night ...

Tica, you get used to, I sleep on the arm and not even realize that I have the catheter there ... it is one of my preferred "my sites.

Greetings to everyone.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
12/27/2012 5:08 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.