The perfect dinner

Martina's profile photo   12/15/2012 4:24 p.m.

I was thinking, maybe you have an almost perfect dinner, with which the best results you wake up in the morning.It would be interesting to make a list, maybe let's get some conclusion.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/15/2012 4:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My perfect dinner is based on three things:
- dinner soon, 3 hours before going to bed (when I do the analysis before bedtime I know that I have no insulin of the Bolus and that, in principle, the digestion ended an hour ago)
- Few fats, fats can raise glycemia at eating hours
- Few HC and easy absorption.A salad with pasta, potato pure, ... no fried potatoes or things like that (we return to the previous point)

This can be achieved at home, out of home I think has not a perfect dinner

tica's profile photo
tica
12/16/2012 4 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica tells you the perfect everyday dinner at home .. but it is still better when enjoying family, friends and many laughs, those dinners that lengthen so much and also have dessert, can also be perfect.Without a pump, normal insulin can be put when they bring the first dish and more units (according to your calculations) when the dessert arrives.And enjoy the holidays!A hug

It may have to correct before bedtime, but it will have been worth it.: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2012 9:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Dear regina,

What I intend is to know that food you get up with better blood glucose, and thus among all reach some conclusion.That is, Tica understood me.

For the rest, I like your dinners and surely the dessert is the best as my Maradin says ...: D

Thanks to both.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/16/2012 5:24 p.m.

Regina, a dinner from time to time you say is fine, but when several of which "are a lottery" on the theme of glycemia, in the end fed up.
In Spain all celebrations are focused on food, and since they don't eat "as God commands", you don't know how to enjoy life and the fine always reaches the same conclusion, how well they ride it outside Spain!Swind at 6-7, "well" dinner but each one who wants without anyone commenting on the type: "If nothing happens for a day" each one is free to eat what theHe wins and each one looks at his dish ... (In Germany, in the restaurants, good and bad, each one pays his dish and if you say nothing, the waiter comes with the cardboard and asks you what you have eaten ...

The same from the point of view of the parents, the important thing is that the "child" does not feel different, but when mature and you are the patient, at least in my case, I send a little bit to shit the mania of not making differencesAt the table ... I have diabetes, and that is an objective truth and I am happier when glycemia are good (another objective truth) just like my sister does not prove the meat (it is "extreme" vegetarian) I would like thePeople will respect me with my diet and my schedules and I don't feel a weirdo, I feel a person suffering from diabetes without major penalty, therefore I do not understand the comments "that make me feel a weird bug" ... noI know, I guess everyone lives their life as they want and how can ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/17/2012 11:01 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

My perfect dinner is fresh cheese minibocadillo with homemade fried tomato (hot) and an apple
ESO and Scarlett Johansson next to: Mrgreen :: Oops:

To go safe, it is to repeat what we have always controlled, because we have already measured the amount of bolus and the rise time.
But as you say, few hydrates, nothing or almost no fat and be able to do 1 glycemia before going to sleep

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/17/2012 12:38 p.m.

A good salad + a good piece of 80 grams bread with a good serrano ham cut, yes, half a glass of milk with an ounce of chocolate mmmmmm :-)

Quim's profile photo
Quim
12/17/2012 5:38 p.m.

Salad, 100 grams of meat 0.150 gr of fish, 2 hills, two pieces of fruit and my pills.Shortly before sleeping a 0/0 denied yogurt.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/19/2012 2:37 a.m.

When as with a lot of people I get confused and I tend to forget if I have punctured the insulin or not before eating.:?

I ended up clicking twice and/or looking at my sugar every 15 minutes to try to see if I had punctured me or not.

Doesn't it happen to you (those who have a bomb, not that I will have memory) that sometimes you forget if you have put the insulin?

Xavi's profile photo
Xavi
12/19/2012 8:07 a.m.

Hello,

On the perfect dinner, it depends ... more or less, if as the same amount of hydrates and I put the same insulin, I usually get well in the morning.So as depending on what I feel like or there is, taking into account the rations of hydrates.
At the level of taste, a smoked salmon (now I can not with pregnancy), some Iberians (I can't), and some more pecking.

Xavi, that does not happen to me ... ever, when I changed the lantus in the morning at noon before eating, I spent that I had doubts about whether I had put the slow and the fast or just the fast ...

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
12/19/2012 9:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.