Start with Detemir

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/27/2011 9 a.m.

When it is the ideal time to start insulin treatment.It is not counterproductive to do it early to obtain normal values ​​and good quality of life.Especially when there are already neuropathies for late detection (3 or 4 years), without high values ​​in glycemia.I am M2 of Viejo (73) and I have been 6 years.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/27/2011 9 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Greetings Don Eduardo, I think that only your doctor can answer your question, but without having high glucose values, I do not think any doctor is recommended.Wait to know that other participants respond,

In which part does neuropathy have?Are you already putting insulin?

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/27/2011 11:25 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

As almost always, glycosylated hemoglobin is the one that usually marks almost everything ...
In this case, the values ​​of glycosilada have been going down as studies of complications appear ... Currently with 6.5 glycosilada you have to consider insulinization, starting with basal insulin therapy+oral antidiabetics ...
If we add the presence of complications, insulinization is mandatory.

Link a document, something technical, but that includes an algorithm that explains the insulinization criteria very well (page 16):
Link ... 0gody.pdf >

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/27/2011 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.