Fasting for tests

puri's profile photo   03/05/2011 12:10 p.m.

Hi how are things?

Let's see if someone can guide me more than the doctor.Because of the disease I have (fibrosis), and its amount of collateral effects produced by medication, I do not stop doing image and blood tests that need to go fasting or in a special way.

For the analysis and tests on an empty stomach, I try to ask in the early morning, 08-08.30-09.00, (only 1 day had to give me glucose before doing a kidney test with contrast), but next Monday I have toMake a Pet-Tac (nuclear medicine test), and I explain the problem.

I have to do the last food in the 08 in the morning and I have the test at 1:00 p.m.I have to inject my insulin (18 u. Levemir) and breakfast so that I get to the lowest possible test, but without hypoglycemia, and I must have enough breakfast to be able to endure, but of course, I can not pass since theContrast that injected me for this CT is all glucose and cannot be passed.

The doctor has told me to have breakfast next to what I take in the middle of the morning (40gr, bread with york, and an apple), more than breakfast (7 Maria cookies, a coffee with milk, and a juice of 1 orange);

The bread and the cookies, I know that they will help me endure, but I do not know if enough, to get at 13 hours with 80. I take something at midnight?Breakfast depends on how much I get up?If someone can guide me, I would appreciate it.Ah!I want to think that although the sugar uploads a lot when I am injecting the contrast, being in the clinic, they will already be in charge of clicking insulin no ?????

Total, always with fear and suffering and with headaches.I await your answers,

Thank you,

puri's profile photo
puri
03/05/2011 12:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!Maybe you can take sugar or pure glucose, if you are low, I don't think that influences you anything in the test, but you can ask.
If you cannot take anything from 8 to 13 h, what I would do would be to lower insulin that day, both the quick and the slow, one or two units except each one, and have breakfast the usual.If you will get high to the test you can always put something quickly.
You can also do what the doctor says, not touching insulin and breakfast more hydrates.If you will arrive high, you run quickly.I hope everything goes well :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2011 8:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am thinking that I do not know why you need to take mid -morning, using a lesspress.With flat insulins you don't need to eat between hours .., you may have excess slow if you get off.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/05/2011 8:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To make a PET-TAC, glycemia must be less than 150mg/dl ... including glucosado contrast.
That's why they ask you to get short of glycemia ...
I do not think they are injected insulin if you were high, perhaps it would distort the results of the test because the PET TAC analyzes certain functional processes related to the metabolism of glucose.Although this is the radiologists who know best.

I agree with your doctor, do the same as every day, if doing that you arrive with normal figures (100-120) ... If you usually arrive with high figures you must suppress some hydrates.
If you arrive with low figures, eat 1-2 extra cookies and do not do any exercise.

Have luck and go well.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/06/2011 3:32 a.m.

You already tell us how everything is resolved ... and I always wonder, and what are the continuous glucose meters in hospitals?: Shock: ... Come on, because putting them 3 days before placing a bomb seems to me an unnecessary expense, with how easy it would be for this type of testing 2-3 days before the test and thus all would be quieter ....In the end.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/06/2011 5:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, I just arrived from La Pruba, and I told you that I did someone help.I had breakfast with lunch and breakfast, increasing it a little bone, 1 juice of 2 oranges, 6 cookies, 1 coffee with milk, 60 grams of toasted bread with oil, and a cake of cake without sugar (I always get short at noon half a day).When I left Alicante at 11.30, I had 200 (I was scared), at 12.30 I had 180 (I was still muskent), and when I arrived at the clinic, I told them the levels I had, I went through the truth machine and had 126;With which they have done the test, and at the end I thought it would have more (it takes 2 hours) and it was in 132, which I went to eat that one at 15 hours is already hungry from 8 in the morning.Now I just hope the results are favorable.Thank you all for your collaboration.

puri's profile photo
puri
03/07/2011 1:21 p.m.

Puri, I'm glad you could do the test well ... to wait for good results.

Velia, the continuous meter is a chimera within the hospitable field ... in UCI it is incredibleDigital glucometer: shock:
But it is still more surprising to check the absolute ignorance of most doctors about the real existence of the meter ... it is amazing.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/08/2011 1:33 p.m.

Puri, I'm glad that in the end it was all good ... Let's see if the result is good;)
Well yes Owash, it seems surreal: shock:

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/08/2011 4:08 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.