{'en': 'Feeling feeling (on the street without strips, or insulin ...)', 'es': 'Sensación de miedo (en la calle sin tiras, ni insulina...)'} Image

Feeling feeling (on the street without strips, or insulin ...)

ray-ban's profile photo   12/28/2012 1:55 p.m.

Hello good.

I wanted to know if you ever have you found in a situation in which you were away from home, without strips or insulin and without the possibility of getting them at the moment, for whatever reason.

What did you do?What happened to your head?whatever.

I have ever left home without all the arsenal and when I have realized I panic and I go home at the time.

I wanted to know what you do or as you face it, take food in case you have it down and then go home quietly to take the material ....

Thank you!

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
12/28/2012 1:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Fear no, I would say uneasiness, I'm uneasy.
I am unable to leave the house without the glucometer, without the glucosport and without insulin.

Once I have forgotten some of the 3 things I have had a hard time.
In my case I work in a hospital, so I have it easy and I have no danger in that time strip ... but in other cases, I have spent a bad time and tend to be high, put on a little less dose and not have hypos,above all.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/28/2012 3:06 p.m.

I am unable to leave the house without the meter, insulin and dextrose.In fact, the bag where I have everything saved I always have it close.The most that I get is to leave it at home when I get under the baby to play the park but there is nothing and I always carry candies in a bag that serves as a keychain.In addition, all neighbors know that I am diabetic, even the children and when I go home they ask me if I can give you the bag of jelly beans that I carry ;-) They know perfectly when they can ask.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/28/2012 4:33 p.m.

Hello, in my case it gives me panic and mixed with anxiety that is the worst, I would never come out of glucometer, insulin and any juice
As close as I moved away from home, mine is so exajed that I went to the shicologous and told me that I had agoraphobia related to diabetes, diabetes,
But the thing is not easy, it is supposed that having "my things" would be calm but in my case it is not so ... this where I have the diabetes in my head
And with the thoughts of Bajara -subira ... and a eat coconos from here I wait for you, I have to recognize that now I am much better of that "agoraphobia"
Well, I have better control and the thing seems that I already take a direction that good although I have ups and downs, they are not so often and I can make a normal average life
But the truth ... that it is a pain to be like this, the best ... always carry our things and not tempt luck.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
12/30/2012 4:31 a.m.

I feel guilty, bad.I do nothing to do with what it says.I always carry candies in case it gives me a hypog but I have never taken insulin or the glucometer when I leave, I have never put insulin in the street or I have measured the glucose outside.If I am sure that I am high I put insulin without measuring, and if I am sure if I have low caramels also without measuring.My doctor told me to go out with the glucometer, but I never wanted to carry that thing everywhere.And even if it will take insulin when I leave, how do they do to injject outside? Or where are they injected, bone in which part of the body?It costs me and so many times I hurt, worse if I did in the street, how do they do?:-/

Nina's profile photo
Nina
10/11/2013 4:30 p.m.

Why do people wear candy for hypoglycemia?I don't understand, do you want to end up in a coma?It's like bringing integral rice in a taper: s

farstar's profile photo
farstar
10/11/2013 5:14 p.m.

Fastar, I don't understand you, I suppose that it refers to candies with glucose or sugar, right?What problem is there?

fer's profile photo
fer
10/11/2013 5:29 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Little girl,

I had an repair to look at the glucose or inject insulin into the street, or in public, in the bars or restaurants I always went to the sink, but after speaking it in the forum, I have convinced myself that it is absurd, that you have to do whatThat you need where you are, and people understand it, that yes, with respect for others, it is not necessary to give a show!;-)

nina said:
I feel guilty, bad.I do nothing to do with what it says.I always carry candies in case it gives me a hypog but I have never taken insulin or the glucometer when I leave, I have never put insulin in the street or I have measured the glucose outside.If I am sure that I am high I put insulin without measuring, and if I am sure if I have low caramels also without measuring.My doctor told me to go out with the glucometer, but I never wanted to carry that thing everywhere.And even if it will take insulin when I leave, how do they do to injject outside? Or where are they injected, bone in which part of the body?It costs me and so many times I hurt, worse if I did in the street, how do they do?:-/

fer's profile photo
fer
10/11/2013 5:33 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

But, Nina, how are you going to go out without glucometer and without the insulin ball?What do you do if you have to eat away from home?
Precisely, those devices are the ones that help most make a normal life.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/11/2013 6:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

fer said:
Fastar, I don't understand you, I suppose that it refers to candies with glucose or sugar, right?What problem are there?

Well, it takes much more to absorb, especially if you do not bite them and swallow them immediately xD also how much table a candy?5 grams?You would have to take several.I don't know, there each one, but I don't think it's the fastest way to get out of xD hypoglycemia

farstar's profile photo
farstar
10/11/2013 9:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.