I am a diabetics breast

ivomar's profile photo   03/06/2011 1:34 p.m.

Good afternoon;

I have a beautiful girl who turned 10 years old on February 28, on the 21st of it, I had lost a lot of weight, and a lot of it.
The surprise was that he gave 400 blood glucose, acetone by clouds etc ...
Well, nothing as you can imagine the "ostia" (forgiveness for expression) but I don't encounter word to describe my anger and helplessness.
She seems that she has adapted quite well to the situation, (telling the needles terrified), and the blood could not see it (super apprehensive).
Tomorrow a week that we are at home, and the thing is getting tense, because we are all tired, and that wakes it up at midnight, it does not carry it well ...
Click on each moment and especially when they touch their legs, it doesn't get it right ...
Tomorrow we start the school after one week from the hospital and another of white week, it does not carry it well ...
And I don't carry it well either ...
I know that from here we will take everything as the most normal thing in the world, but the truth is that it is to climb Everest.
Tomorrow we change insulinas can spend the schedules, and this dislodges me.
The truth is that what fasted me more is to think at all times, "becauseee ...", I get tired, I defeat me.
Such a precious girl, because it has not happened to me.
Thanks in advance to all.

ivomar's profile photo
ivomar
03/06/2011 1:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Ivomar.
I also have a diabetic daughter.He debuted with 8 years and now is 17.
Here we all know how you feel, because we have gone through the same situation.But you'll see how in a short time you already control the disease and everything becomes easier.
Why do you wake up at night?If you have to control it or give it something if it is low, you can do it while sleeping.

Tell us what treatment you have and we can better guide you with doubts.And stop by the thread of "parents", which you will see how we are enough and we will help you.Raise your doubts.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/06/2011 1:51 p.m.

Thanks Alea;

At night I do not awake it, but to which I notice that I touch it, it is already defensive, (it has a lot of genius).
How do I go to the parents' thread ???

Thank you very much for answering so soon.

ivomar's profile photo
ivomar
03/06/2011 1:56 p.m.

Welcome Ivomar: d
My daughter is 12 years old and debuted with 5 ... I can get an idea of ​​how you feel, you feel, I think they are very common feelings to all the pads, that's why I am also telling you that fortunately in a short time everything will beroutine.The little one will have become accustomed to punctures and this new way of living, and you will see her grow happy ... I think it is very important to learn about insulin action times, which affects carbohydrates, carbohydrates,The exercise, so you are feeling calmer.
What treatment does it carry?
Where are you from?Did you receive diabetological education?
To enter the parents' thread, place yourself in the section "I look for someone from" and inside is ... there we are a few, we tell ourselves our problems, the truquis, we vent ... you will be welcome.

A hug and a lot of encouragement.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/06/2011 3:17 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

hello
I am also a mother of a diabetic girl, we debuted on August 28, 2010, my baby was 9 months old, and neither her father nor I are diabetic, so we were full of erroneous and preconceived ideas about diabetes.
We lived in Madrid, and they put a bomb in October, which has allowed us to normalize its glycemia, when we debut we tried multiple doses from NPH to Levemir, but it was uncontrollable despite that we injected it 6 times a day.
Since then we have read a lot and visited many websites and forums and wanted to thank other potatoes that they have written in this forum because they are serving me their experiences to see that we are not alone in this.
Thank you so much

anabel6's profile photo
anabel6
03/07/2011 11:12 a.m.

Hello Ivomar, my boy turned 10 on August 28, 2010 and on September 9, I debuted, I took him for the same symptoms that your child had and fasting gave us a 240 squealmia.

Just tell you that I know perfectly how you feel, I think the same why he who is so rich, so good, so great and not to me, today I have been going around that and I see control so easy if it were meThe affected ... in short that it is what we have touched, we have not been made to the idea because it only punctured a month and a half and entered the honeymoon and to date.It may seem like a luck but I do not know that it is worse, today it has a little higher controls than usual and here I am trembling thinking that this stage is running out and we will have to return to the punctures, it is an agony (but it lasts, for him above all).

I suppose that today it will have been your first day of school, how has it gone? How has you been measured in school hours? Well you will tell us, this forum is helping me a lot, although I don't write muchIf I read daily and effectively pass for the thread of parents that we have there to the fantastic Velia that is ... an incredible help (and many more wonderful people around here).

Kisses and a lot of encouragement

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
03/07/2011 11:39 a.m.

I also want to encourage you a little because I know how to feel at this time, but time is softening things and you will see her happily.
My daughter started with 5 years, and the first years were a madness of anguish for my husband and for me, but now she has been with an insulin guideline for several years that has practically taken the hypoglycemia and makes a life so normal that diabetesIt has become something secondary in our life.One more and point routine.
Of course, daily controls, 6 or 7.But very quiet nights and quite stable days.If some hypo appears immediately it shows it and solves it with a juice, a chocolate, or what you like;).The truth is that he has never deprived himself of whims and so far control has always been very good.
He is already 22 years old and no complication, so those that you start now, you have time to wait for better treatments and quality of life.
The most important: find a guideline that stabilizes it.That adjusts to your body and your life.We have achieved it with Lantus in the morning and Humalog in meals.And, of course, many controls, to draw conclusions and correct on time.
If you don't like to click on your legs, don't do it.My daughter was also very unpleasant, so he uses the buttock for slow and gut and arms for the fast.
Little by little you will be reassuring you all.A hug :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/07/2011 12:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Anabel6, welcome to the forum ... Joooo, what a little boy ... The truth is that I admire the daddies of children who debut about babies ... if it is complicated in a 5 -year -old girl, uffff, I take care of the difficultThat is to be in a baby ... I'm glad that they have put the bomb, is it reasonable, what better treatment can be given to a child of that age?Let's see if they take note of the thousands of great "sporriaos" (as they would say in my land) for this country ....
Stop for parents, we are a few and also your experience can help others who are in your same situation ...
Anaaaa, thank you very much .... to see if that is, just a false alarm .... I understand that you are in suspense, but you know, it will be any things.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/07/2011 5 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks to everything of all my heart, it has given me many dosses, if everything will be regularized.
Two days ago, the glucose test she alone is done, "15 days ago I would have flatly denied it," and set the surprises they can give you.
Now we are with three different insulin typod;
Novo Rapid 3-0-3
novo mix 30 0-12-0
Levemir 0-0-10
They take us from the hospital El Endodrino, the educator and the dietitian.
We are from Girona capital and debuted on 02/21, on 28 he made the 10 years.

ivomar's profile photo
ivomar
03/08/2011 2:43 p.m.

Welcome to the Ivomar Forum, I recommend that you give a look at the section "Living with diabetes (parents, couples, friends) or type 3 diabetes", I think it can be of special interest!;)

THE LINK: Coexivir-with-Diabetes-Padres-Paras-Amigos-Diabetes-Tipo-F20/

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
03/09/2011 3:24 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Ivomar, you will be surprised by the ability to adapt and the maturity of our children ... The truth is that they are champions ... With respect to your daughter or say the value that has made the control given the panicThat has needles and blood ... what I say, give us an example ...
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/09/2011 4:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.