Glucometer readings

santi678's profile photo   12/29/2012 4:20 a.m.

Hello, a few weeks ago that I use a glucose meter, it is the Glucocard G+ ATE of Arkray, it is the one that has supplied me in the hospital.
Today I have made a measurement, it has marked me 196, I did not like this figure, even more so when I have been stable between 115 and 145. I have performed a second test and leave 123. After this I have performed up to three more tests.In summary, the results of the five have been: 196-123-167-192-181.
I understand that there may be a difference between measures but I don't know if so much.I don't know and I don't know which can be correct, between 196 and 123, it varies a lot when correcting the dose.On the other hand I do not believe that 123 is the right either.

Can anyone with more experience advise me in something?
Should we do any type of control test to the machine, taking into account that you have three weeks?

Thank you

Santi

santi678's profile photo
santi678
12/29/2012 4:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Menarini is not one of my favorite brands, but today all glucometers must be reliable, except in a specific error.
196 and 123 is too much difference ... maybe it is because it may have taken a long time to put the drop of blood in the strip ... or not, it has simply left.

Have you looked if in the box I came with a control fluid?
Lifescan products, Almenos before, came with a liquid that allowed you to verify that the pot was fine ... you threw it into a strip and should be inside the margins that they gave you.

The glucocard does not affect the maltose or similar components, so we could not catch those differences ...

In any case, the variability of the glucos can reach 10%
For more information, I make some spam to my website: Oops: Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/29/2012 4:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.