{'en': 'Experienced diabetics', 'es': 'Diabeticos experimentados'} Image

Experienced diabetics

ray-ban's profile photo   01/06/2013 5:06 a.m.

Hello good.

I am a diabetic with 2 years of experience.This question goes to those who have several years of experience with diabetes.

I wanted to know the opinion about the things you have learned from diabetes with experience.Looking back, what things you had with the experience of years having diabetes: security, tranquility, freedom ... whatever ^^.

Thank you

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
01/06/2013 5:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, certainly, you win all that you say.Above all trust.and sends that initial fear and uneasiness.

What happens is that over time you realize that this does not understand the mother who gave birth.And that in diabetes, two plus two can be four, but also three, five or six.And that there are many X files that have no easy explanation.And that for meticulous people (Comme Moi) are hardly fit) and create frustration.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/07/2013 9:49 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I have been diabetic for 14 years.At first it is a worldoooooooo, it seems that you will never overcome it, etc.Then you earn all that you say;security, you see that you are still the same person even if your pancreas does not chute;Tranquility, you see that it is not so easy to get blind or cut your leg as at first you can match you;Libertad, you see that you can go out without carrying the entire survival kit even to throw garbage ...
And I think he wants patience.As Grondullo says sometimes there is no explanation but then it is better not to advocate;Do everything possible to be fine, and in peace.I try not to frustrate myself;I think, if today I have not been quite well because tomorrow I will try to do better.You check that it is important to give a caul out of time to time and 'disconnect' from perfection.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
01/07/2013 10:17 a.m.

I am a diabetic for 14 years.At first it is a worldoooooooo, it seems that you will never overcome it, etc.Then you earn all that you say;security, you see that you are still the same person even if your pancreas does not chute;Tranquility, you see that it is not so easy to get blind or cut your leg as at first you can match you;Libertad, you see that you can go out without carrying the entire survival kit even to throw garbage ...
And I think he wants patience.As Grondullo says sometimes there is no explanation but then it is better not to advocate;Do everything possible to be fine, and in peace.I try not to frustrate myself;I think, if today I have not been quite well because tomorrow I will try to do better.Tb you check that it is important to give some caution from time to time and 'disconnect' of perfection.

It happened to me a little to revenge.At first I was doing quite well, I don't worry too much to wear the meter or not something with sugar.But after having a bad time many times and having had descents in the most inopportune sites, I have been taking more fear and now I do not come out if it is not with everything.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/07/2013 11:38 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I have learned to be me ... to be today, without thinking about how I was yesterday or how I will be tomorrow.Without letting me influence, beyond the logical advice.
I try to do my best, without great climb or large dosage of morals (which there are always).
My main fear at the beginning was to be a "dependent" of doctors and hospitals.
Now I know that nobody else knows so much about my diabetes and me.
And that gives me the peace of mind I need.

On the other hand, as I have already mentioned several times, I have a dependence, almost pathological, to the output kit (insulin, glucometer, cookies, glucosport) ... I am unable to leave without the kit, beyond a handful of meters nearmy house.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/07/2013 11:54 a.m.

Well, if I'm going far, I have everything.Everything is the meter, insulin and a zumito in the bag.But that seems completely necessary.Because, what if you are going to go around and show up for example?Then you need to measure and surely click.

On the inopportune declines, it happened to me to have them and not carry anything, but you can always buy a soda almost anywhere.Man, if you go to the mountain to say, you have to have foresight.Of course, we are not freely free, but I always think that in those situations non -diabetic people TB must be forecast because, what if you have a tension drop in the middle of the mountain?You always have to wear something to eat, drink ...

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
01/07/2013 11:59 a.m.

Well, I am a disaster, I refuse to depend on the "emergency kit" and I have never realized a real scare.Now with pregnancy I do have the meter, but since I have diabetes from a very young age and for many years, we had not access to so many daily strips and I at school in my life I took it (unless they will send me a profilecomplete or something)I can go out again without the meter and not feel lost (although lately I took it in my bag)
The truth is that sometimes I think I have an angel taking care of me, because I have been very clueless in limit situations ... but one always finds a solution, I suppose that one day I have a real scare, my perception of diabetes will change.For me wearing the bomb all day is already a great load, but the results show that it is worth it.

tica's profile photo
tica
01/07/2013 2:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I see it necessary to carry the meter because the symptoms of a hiccup can be confused with something else ... and make wrong decisions.Or for example, I move a lot by car and if I feel 'rare' I control before sitting behind the wheel.In addition, it does not weigh so much ... I carry it in my bag and another case with the insulin bolis.It's like carrying two purses.If I go on an excursion, I take it in my backpack.The glucagon does happen, I do not usually take it or travel.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
01/08/2013 7:16 a.m.

I always carried the meter in my bag and when I used feathers I always carried the Humalog pen if I had to correct and that since I left the hospital until today, that has not changed, from the beginning.
When I make short exits, of minutes, of course I have not carried anything except some candy.
As for what has changed in these 12 years of experience is that I have greater security, I feel that I carry the reins of diabetes, that although sometimes I go to go to relativize, the X files no longer overwhelm me, if I do not findExplanation to a hypo or a hyper because nothing happens, I remedy and go ahead .....
Around me, those around me, family, friends etc.

DiabetesForo
01/08/2013 11:01 a.m.

The same thing happens to me that my sherpa41 is already going with me my kit everywhere

sherpa41 said:
sugared said:

It happened to me a little to revenge.At first I was doing quite well, I don't worry too much to wear the meter or not something with sugar.But after having a bad time many times and having had descents in the most inopportune sites, I have been taking more fear and now I do not come out if it is not with everything.: (

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/14/2017 2 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

The same thing happens to me that you sherpa41

sherpa41 said:
sugared said:

It happened to me a little to revenge.At first I was doing quite well, I don't worry too much to wear the meter or not something with sugar.But after having a bad time many times and having had descents in the most inopportune sites, I have been taking more fear and now I do not come out if it is not with everything.: (

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/16/2017 10:34 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

Hello @"Ray-Ban" it is always good to consult with the most veterans on the subject and here there are very experienced people on the subject and that will surely help you with the doubts you have.
Usually personal title I tell you that I have had relatively quite a good control of the disease and are already 25 years with it almost without complications and a mild retinopathy.
Various sensations and many frustrations and disgust, you can get tired of diabetes and your family also of it but will not give you truce, the only thing that really helps you is to get up and get up again to continue fighting tirelessly since you will have no respite.
And remember diabetes does not have a logic so you don't try to understand it, which today gives you tomorrow will not give you.Take care of yourself and visit your doctor periodically.
That if you think positive that it will serve you a lot and ask anything that comes to you that for that we are here to help you here in the forum.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2017 3:45 a.m.

I am glad that there are many with more security and optimism but my case, unfortunately, it is not so, although I also hope you do not influence anyone.I've been with diabetes for 26 years, I started with 19 years and now I have 45. I have a 6 -year -old daughter and I feel that living with me is a misfortune for them.I went through adolescence believing that diabetes dominated her and I could have a life somewhat similar to normal, but it was never so.Today I have passed through 6 operations and I am clear that if it was not diabetic, my body would be stronger and had responded better.I am no longer able to detect any hypoglycemia, the meals is a real sacrifice instead of an enjoyment and that of leading a normal life ... is a farce !!!!We are neither normal, we will ever be, I'm sorry but I think so.It has me touched both physically and psychologically, so do not take me as an example and this is also thanks to the current "aid" that "we have" of our social security.

sllf's profile photo
sllf
01/17/2017 10:32 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

I am sorry to hear the bad experiences.And I encourage SLLF to continue doing good control.It is the key.From 12 DM1 and now with 42, I see my mistakes and my changes for better.I put them for others to learn:
As a young man I tried to be one more.I did sport, I played team basketball, I made road bike (despite the fear of my parents, whom I appreciate their letting), I went from spin like the one that most ... and it is true, we are not equal although we canDo it the same as the others.
My mistakes: to think that good control was an exaggeration.After a badly controlled time I have been doing very well for years.Positive consequences: Small micro-apparatus (forgiveness if the word is not correct) have been reabsorbed.No feet problem, infections, or collateral.I just have to inject vitamin B12 monthly (someone else has this association?).Road between 6-10 kms almost daily.At Christmas and the rest of the meals I learned to count HC and I do very well.So the key: learn to know your body and symptoms, learn to count HC.If you eat outside, wait to see the rations on the plate, calculate and get rid.The basic KIA: Always go out with all the necessary feathers (you can get trapped anywhere), the meter, and especially some glucose gels that sell in pharmacy flavor strawberry for severe hypos (it is absorbed very quickly and it is like 1,5 rations HC).
I believe that what distinguishes us is that we are better adapting to changes because we have been learning from this great change.And we will succeed in life as the most.In the forum you will see athletes who bike, run and everything.So learning to count is the key.
And a lot of encouragement to the novat@s: if I could, you can all.It is not the end of the world at all.

DiabetesForo
01/22/2017 12:58 p.m.

Well, the same thing happens to me.I am even the eggs to be thinking about sugar levels all day, I do not control hypoglycemia, I no longer drive out of fear of having another accident like the one I had four years ago, which was my passion, now I have been free and I feelmuch safer.I don't remember the times that I have woken up with four-five people around me around the ambulance that had recovered me.And that I think positive haha ​​now I recognize that I am not a normal diabetic.He tried to enjoy eating and if necessary, I punctuate me a little more.But come on, my life has screwed me.Class = "quote" rel = "sllf" & gt; I am glad that there are many with more security and optimism but my case, unfortunately, it is not so, although I also hope I do not influence anyone.I've been with diabetes for 26 years, I started with 19 years and now I have 45. I have a 6 -year -old daughter and I feel that living with me is a misfortune for them.I went through adolescence believing that diabetes dominated her and I could have a life somewhat similar to normal, but it was never so.Today I have passed through 6 operations and I am clear that if it was not diabetic, my body would be stronger and had responded better.I am no longer able to detect any hypoglycemia, the meals is a real sacrifice instead of an enjoyment and that of leading a normal life ... is a farce !!!!We are neither normal, we will ever be, I'm sorry but I think so.It has me touched both physically and psychologically, so do not take me as an example and this is also thanks to the current "aid" that "we have" of our social security.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
01/22/2017 1:38 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

ray-ban said:
good.

I am a diabetic with 2 years of experience.This question goes to those who have several years of experience with diabetes.

I wanted to know the opinion about the things you have learned from diabetes with experience.Looking back, what things you had with the experience of years having diabetes: security, tranquility, freedom ... whatever ^^.

Thank you

good.

Thank you

Hello:

I take 32 with diabetes and I have acquired with the years more knowledge, security, some scares, knowledge of new technologies and I am getting clearer that I will never heal.My life is easier now because of new technologies and new insulins but I don't see that healing arrives.At least I don't think I get.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
02/03/2017 9:06 a.m.

I have been 25 years, when I started, there were no preloaded feathers, there were insulin vials that got into the refrigerator and disposable syringes with a fair:/ Thank God, shortly after the start appeared the feathers and small needles and that was a great change.Things that I have learned, to accept the disease, namely that the organism does not work exactly but depending on a thousand factors the same dose of insulin and the same food will make a different effect.To eat freely without walking rations or calculating.I know what is going to get me after eating something (not the exact amount, of course) and the rapid insulin dose I need.Not to see the disease as something tedious, but as something that is part of my life and that with controls allows a normal life ..

Dunah's profile photo
Dunah
02/06/2017 5:07 p.m.

Let's see if I explain myself well.I am even the huveos with diabetes.In my case, I was infected with the shit of hepatitis C, I speak badly because my life has screwed me.Well, hepatitis C and diabetes have screwed my life.I like everything.I am not looking at carbohydrates or calories.If I'm going to eat more hydrates I click more.I don't know if I do well but I don't go crazy with the subject.I enjoy eating and drinking.I've been with this shit for 25 years.And for now I have it controlled.But I shit in everything.I don't know if I have explained well.By the way.The shit of hepatitis C have already taken it away.I do not understand the complaints due to lack of treatment or that the party in the government has not sold well with this issue.A.Greeting

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
02/07/2017 8:59 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Hello!!
I have been with diabetes for 10 years, which is time and it is not so much at the same time.I am 26 years old.The truth is that I think I have taken it quite well, I have chosen my life and my trips based on my preferences and wishes and not based on diabetes.During adolescence I was uncontrolled although without serious scares, now I am much more demanding with control and I have still had some serious hypo (but not to lose knowledge).Fear does not give me the truth, because I notice the symptoms and I always carry sugar.I do not always carry the insu or the meter, it depends on where it goes, although I doubt what I am going to do always take it by case.The glucagon I have now begun to take the habit of taking it to trips, before I was never taking it (which is a mistake, you have to always take it).

In this last year if I have noticed that I was starting to be fed up with the roll of clicking and measuring myI take and how much I have to click ", with rage because we are not allowed to relax clear, in the sensation of freedom and to have diabetes under control thanks to the Dexcom trend graph.Although now having the Dexcom depends that clear feeling ...
I usually try to live the day to day thinking little and future, knowing me and always doing what I can really like.I think that those points of view have been given to me to have diabetes, and the ability to relativize nonsense as well.
Greetings!!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/11/2017 3:28 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.