Insulin pumps in hyperglycemiah.

Tiver's profile photo   01/17/2013 10:26 a.m.

Good to all,

I wanted to make a consultation.

I am type 1 diabetic (novorapid and levemir) and Aviva Nano meter

The fact is that I have many hypoglycemia for a year, one per day on average, I always control them, I correct them, so far I have not had serious episodes due to them.

Now it turns out that my endocryn wants to go to insulin bomb, telling me that I am going to forget the hypoglycemia.But I do not know how possible, it will be that the solution is that it always has sugar in middle values ​​and that the pump is injected insulin so as not to have it among the clouds.It is that as much as I have insulin bomb, I will have to continue doing daily controls, between 6 or 8, as I do now, and continue correcting the doses.

What I see as an optimal solution would be to have a continuous meter and adjust its alarms in pre-hypoglycemia and pre-hydroglycemia, and I could always correct with my bowl or if I begin to have it 70 then ingest some food, byexample.I know this is not prescribed by Social Security.

To all this, I am talking from the United Kingdom, they tell me that there is no problem for supplying the insulin bomb, which preferred it and that it is almost always what they do with their patients, and not only in cases of poor diabetes control.They tell me that the control is better and that is why its health system prescribes insulin bombs.

Thanks and forgive the tostón

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
01/17/2013 10:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The pump does not eliminate hypoglycemia.
When you have good control, you are very close to standardized values ​​(90-120) ... with very little you have an insured hypo, with or without bomb.

Most people have lower number of hypos with the pump.
Basal adjustment is better and glucémically you are much more stable, that translates to better results in glycosilada

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2013 3:27 p.m.

Thanks @owash for answering.

It is clear that the pump does not eliminate hypoglycemia by itself.

As you tell me, the only reason explainable so that it does not have as many hypos as currently, it is that with the pump on I am always in "high" values, between 130-170, to put a range.And how I control at 2 or 3 hours after eating that I don't have hypos like now.
But of course, the bomb I think only has fast insulin, so I do not understand the mechanism of better basal control.

greetings

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
01/17/2013 6:12 p.m.

Because the basal insulin function is made by the pump with the fast, and you can change several times a day, even if you have a hypo (I have left some light hypo without eating anything just putting the basal at 0%) something that withSlow insulin you can't do because as you have put it for x hours you can't stop the effect instead in the pump for infusion and + or - at 15 min it is already stopping to take effect.
And to control yourself after meals, as now with a puncture.
Another thing I have proven when you are bad that is not the same as being bad to maintain the levels within their "margin" you can varies the basal thing that with the bolis is somewhat more complicated and risky.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/17/2013 7:06 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

To me the bomb if it has served me for the theme of the hypos ... I had to decide to get up well and be all day with hypos or get up and you are more or less good for the rest of the day ... with the bombI have solved that ... Control is much easier.

I also carry a continuous meter and it is very well, but it is not the panacea ... I would start with the pump and then, if that, meter.The bomb made me improve the hemo and the meter another ... but without the pump I don't know if I had improved so much with only the meter

tica's profile photo
tica
01/18/2013 3:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

How do you do with the bomb in summer to be able to bathe in the pool and those things ?, If you exercise and all that can you always carry it?
all the best

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
01/18/2013 5:39 a.m.

This summer I have been in an aquatic park and every half hour or one re-colored me and I put what the bomb would have to have put me (even less because of not "you" need "somewhat less, anyway towardsCoincide the recones with the time of glymiah, or even made some extra).On the beach as it was after eating in addition to being somewhat low (I had not adjusted the basal very well) it put me in the water between 1/2 or 3/4 of an hour because even if it was the Mediterranean in the north the water was notVery good.By the way, the Aganto Canula both in the sea and in the Aquatic Park and the people did not look only at three people.
To do sports my basal I have them "tight" for a normal day without much effort, if I'm going to walk I under the basal and if I do a stronger bike exercise I get it even more ...

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/18/2013 6:43 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.