{'en': 'Fats ... How to calculate insulin?', 'es': 'Grasas... ¿cómo calcular la insulina?'} Image

Fats ... How to calculate insulin?

paula's profile photo   03/13/2011 4:05 p.m.

Hello everyone,

By chance ... could anyone tell me how much more insulin you usually put telling the fats?

It is that, thinking about it well, I do not have it, and I am realizing that when as fats (tuna in oil, mayonnaise, sausage, manchego cheese ...) I get the glucose quite a lot, although sometimes I wear 0.5u offurther.Is little?

Thanks in advance!

paula's profile photo
paula
03/13/2011 4:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it depends on the quantity, it is best to use the dual bolus, I copy you what thirst recommends:

but not only must be taken into account
of HC that will be ingested, but also the glycemic index
of food, their elaboration, and the quantity
of fat and diet proteins.The latter can
cause frank elevation of postprandial glycemia and cause
A considerable delay in gastric emptying.
Classically, before "fat" meals it was recommended to use
the dual b prolonged duration (more than 3 hours), although never
The most appropriate duration of the percentage of
B that should be infused in a sustained way.This type of b no
Avoid, most of the time, that postprandial glycemic peak
It was important.At present, several authors, among them
Pankowska et al., Propose that the calculation of the insulin dose
preprandial also considers the intake of fats and proteins,
And for this they have coined a new factor, the exchange unit
of fats and proteins (UGP).UGP is defined as
The amount of insulin necessary to cover 100 kcal of fat
and/or proteins, and is equivalent to the "ratio" of insulin to
cover 10 g of HC (insulin units necessary to cover
10 g of HC or 100 kcal of fat/proteins).They also propose that
insulin is calculated separately, using normal B
To cover the HC, and the extended (or square) to cover
Fats and/or proteins.Thus, normal B insulin dose is calculated
based on HC rations, and the square B dose
You must count the UGP.The total dose of insulin calculated for a
intake will therefore be the sum of the two components of the B, normal
and extended (dual "bolus".The duration of extended "bolus"
It must be equal to or greater than 3 hours depending on the UGP ingested:
3 hours for a UGP, 4 hours for 2 UGP, 5 hours for
3 UGP, and up to 8 hours when the intake includes more than 3 UGP

You will have to go testing until you find your right dose.Of course, fats and proteins are greatly influenced and I always take them into account but by eye;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/13/2011 5:16 p.m.

As Prado points out, you have to take into account proteins and fats .... I think there is a calculation, calorie unity, fat protein, or something like that, but that is already for note ... In principle it will be good to goTesting, we do it too, the number of units increases, and taking advantage of the fact that you have a pump, put on a square bolus, or use the dual bolus ...
You tell us.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/14/2011 6:07 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Fat meals;Or rather, the fat present at meals is one of the main culprits of the bad values ​​that we have often in the post.
Before that long and neat theoretical text of the thirst that Prado has hung, I can only do one thing;Laugh !!!To be diabetic we will have to be at least engineers, because we are going ... if you have to take all that ... the fats is very complicated, and it is precisely with them where those who carry bomb have it much easier thanWe (the pen) to control those posts, since they can program delayed, square bolus, etc.We don't.Well, I lie, more than once I have divided my dose into two, because if I put everything in a blow, it gives me a post-comment low of those who spend frankly badly.And also does not avoid the hyper of past several hours.Therefore, I tried several times to prick half a dose after eating, and another average of one hour or so.And I cannot say that it is a perfect solution, because in this diabetes and meals they influence so many variables ... that a thousand tests would have to be done to draw a conclusion, and still would not always be applicable.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/18/2011 8:34 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Of course it is impossible to apply what thirst says, well impossible not but too complicated for my poor head: Mrgreen: I do it by eye.With the feathers I did the same as Gondurulo, I put the bolus twice with one hour of minimum difference, now I do the same or I use the dual bolus.
Anyway I have put that text because there are many people who think that proteins and fats are free when calculating the dose of insulin and we know that it is not so, that they influence and much in the post.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/18/2011 11:45 a.m.

Of course it is impossible to apply what the thirst says, well impossible not too complicated for my poor head: Mrgreen:, I do it by eye.With the feathers I did the same as Gondurulo, I put the bolus twice with one hour of minimum difference, now I do the same or I use the dual bolus.
Anyway I have put that text because there are many people who think that proteins and fats are free when calculating the dose of insulin and we know that it is not so, that they influence and much on the post.

Of course they influence.It's true.And a lot.Fats and proteins should not be free, not only because of blood glucose, but because in the face of our life expectancy and complications, they greatly influence (especially fats).And the more years they spend with diabetes in tow, the more we must worry about fats and less about sugar.
And surely many of the days we ask ourselves what happened with a post that has detached, is because of the fats or proteins that we have eaten in the previous food.But my comment was somewhat ironic because I think it is impossible to take into account the fats or proteins in the same way that are counted (and many times even bad).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/21/2011 12:05 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello guys, I ask forgiveness first, for not having answered before, but it is that I could not, they suddenly called me to start working and with the homework of the house ..., I have not had time of Na.Today Holy Thursday got into the forum and I said, but if I asked a time ago!God, what a shame !!!: Oops :: Oops :: Oops: Well, thank you all for everyone for answering me, and thanks for the information mead I did not know that at all, from now on I will apply it, although it seems quite difficult ...

paula's profile photo
paula
04/21/2011 3:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.