{'en': 'Superions to correct hyperglycemic', 'es': 'Superbolos para corregir hiperglucémias'} Image

Superions to correct hyperglycemic

anabel6's profile photo   03/17/2011 3:52 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if any of you use superbol to correct hyperglycemia.

I have read something but I would like to know if someone uses them and how to prevent hypos.

Thank you

anabel6's profile photo
anabel6
03/17/2011 3:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello anabel6 ... it seems that it can be an option of a bomb ... in our case, the bomb does not have it, or at least not with that name ... when we have hyper corrected with a corrector bolus, which ultimatelyIt is a normal bolus applied instead of an intake for a correction, but technically it is the same.
It may also refer to the calculation of the corrector bolus, which would be to determine the amount of insulin that you have to put to obtain a normal glycemia value .... introducing the figure you have calculate the pump, previously it must have been scheduledcorrectly ... they explain it very well in the following article:

·· bolus corrector

Corrective bowling.Sensitivity factor

To adjust glycemia we handle the insulin sensitivity factor (FSI).This factor represents the quantitative decrease of blood glucose per insulin unit.

As with the I/HDC index you can use the “500” rule, now we start from a base number for the calculation.This number has not been contrasted enough with clinical studies, but it is even more widely used and referred to than the "500".The number in question is 1800 (or 1500 for regular insulin) [1].Starting from it we define the factor:

fsi = 1800 / ddt
DDT = insulin units (basal+bowling) in 24 hrs.

The result is the decreased mg/dl by each insulin.We will use this data for any correction, by means of a corrector bolus.The corrector bolus can be added or stolen from the bolus of the food, if the correction will be made with the intake, or separately for postprandial correction.

Sanz and Ampudia have found that users get better results, with fewer glycemic excursions and less postprandial blood glucose, if the glycemia corrector bolus is used before meals than not after them when the insulin of the preceding bolus is acting.

Correction errors are minimized with insulin pumps with the capacity to show the remaining insulin, such as IR 1200 animas and IR 2020 animas, since the pump program may indicate the remaining insulin or “rest of insulin”.In addition with this pump the action time of insulin can be configured for a better adaptation to the personal conditions of each user.

The most current insulin pumps also have help programs for the calculation of the corrector bolus, as is the case of “ezglycemia” incorporated both in the IR 1200 animals and in the animals IR 2020. If this program is desired, it takes into accountThe remaining insulin and can be combined with that of the calculation of the bolus (carbsmart) and show the recommendation of the bolus combining both effects (deviant blood glucose and carbohydrates).

In any case, if we do not have aid programs or the option we do not want to use it, the estimation of the corrector bolus is quite simple for the user.We illustrate the procedure with a practical example:

The user taken as an example for the “Bolus Calculation” uses a total of 30 insulin units in the day (DDT) so its sensitivity factor (FSI) will be:

FSI = 1800/30 = 60 (mg/dl per u of insulin)

The user before eating analyzes their blood glucose and obtains a value of 138 mg/dl when its goal is between 70-110 mg/dl (central value 95 mg/dl).

Your corrector bolus will be: (138-95) / 60 = 0.72 »0.7 U

Its total bolus before the meal, taking the same example as for the “bolus calculation”, will now be 5.1 U [(bolus food) 4.4 + (corrector bol) 0.7]

If on the contrary the glycemia value obtained would have been 57, the correction to be applied would be:

Corrector bolus: (57-95)/60 = -0.63 »-0.6 u

Its total bolus before the food in this case should be 3.8 U [(bolus food) 4.4- (Corrector bol) 0.6]

Obviously in any of the previous cases we assume there is no rest of insulin.

It is important to advise the user that whenever a corrector bolus is administered, prove its effectiveness with a blood glucose analysis at two or three hours of it.In some pump models (Animas IR 1200, Animas IR 2020) the option of “Prehearses” can be activated as a reminder for the analysis.

Literature
[1] Davidson et al.They propose as number 1700, although they are the only authors with such reference.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/18/2011 4:04 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The word superbolo already welcomes me.To correct, to me with a bolus it is worth :)) :)) :)) :))

Neither do you pass correcting when you are high.It is a usual trend when we see ourselves want to adjust a lot and return to normal values ​​as soon as possible.But that usually makes us go from hyper to hip.And with the hypo, we eat and that rises again.And we start a few hours with a glycemic profile of saw teeth, something very little recommended.
When we are high, you have to lower it, but not suddenly or drastically.It is not good to be high, but it is not to lower it quickly either, because it can also cause us damages.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/18/2011 4:42 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I referred to correcting with a corrector bolus but adding a percentage of the basal of the next two hours and removing of the basal that amount we have administered in the bolus.
Apparently it is about getting blood glucose to lower in less time, but does not produce hypoglycemia, since by removing basal during the effect of the bolus it is possible to stop the effect on later hours.
It happens to my daughter that it has certain hours of the night is very sensitive to insulin and if three hours before we are in a hyperglycemia we only have two obections, or put a smaller bolus than the calculated, which fails to correct it and when they have passedFour hours correct it really or if we corrected it well, then it makes us a hiccup and what you have commented, the saw teeth.
I copy you a link, but I have not found more bibliography about it Link ... uper-bolus
thank you

anabel6's profile photo
anabel6
03/19/2011 5:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I didn't know that formula ...
What I do know is that the sensitivity factor used for the calculation of the corrector bolus is variable depending on the section, so that if you are more sensitive at dawn, the corrector bolus that tells you will be less than in another area where you need more.
In any case, I prefer to correct in such a way that blood glucose does not lower so abruptly, if I will already put something more.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/22/2011 5:32 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.