How to force the endocrine to prescribe bomb

serjupman's profile photo   04/02/2011 3:13 p.m.

Hello everyone, my son's lateIt is good, that we continue like this, we commented that with much sacrifice on the part of his mother, brother and I, his father, being on top of him, summarizing that we are doing well, and how not to mention Bejupman that with 10 yearsAnd with a debut of almost 5 months it is an example, I tell the endocrine that we want a bomb and therefore point us to the waiting list it has, it begins to tell us that it is soon for the child, that we hope,etc ... A long talk of problems to put it, I erre that we want it, and after 30 minutes of strips and loosers it does not say that it has preference other patients before, which we see normal, but that the major problem isthat nothing else gives about 4 bombs per year to the hospital and now with the crisis they would sureBackground in terms of urgency to put it, since according to the endocrine, those who are more uncontrolled, so that we leave the hope without hope to get the bomb for my son, as we know some we are from Salamanca, I would likeSomeone told me, if you know how to resort to this, complaining in writing or calling the hospital management, they have not told us in the association that they take to prescribe it, the minimum is a year, hopefully it is so, in shortnothing more for now, thanks and greetings

serjupman's profile photo
serjupman
04/02/2011 3:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The bombs are financed by the hospital budget, which in turn is determined and approved by the corresponding higher politicians ...
I think this works in most areas of Spain.
Therefore, it is the hospital who buys the bomb, usually in Renting system, together with the consumables from Roche, Medtronic or Animas (the 3 commercial houses currently in the market).
The hospital yields the use of the pump to the patients you consider appropriate under general criteria common throughout Spain, this decree regulates it:
and some particular criteria of each hospital and endocrine/pediatrician.

As you see, good metabolic control is legally penalized ... The insulin pump does not guarantee a hemoglobin below 7% by itself and that is what seems to distill the decree that I have linked.

Actually, without the support of the endocrine/pediatrician, it is impossible for them to place the pump, because he is the person responsible for preparing and signing the justification report of that procedure.
If you consider that those with a bad metabolic control are priority you will have it.

In my opinion, you should not jump at any time to the endocrine/pediatrician ... do not forget that you will always have to see him again, with and without a bomb, so better to have him informed of all the steps you make.
That said, you should make you with reports and studies that support insulin bombs in pediatrics, with them as support and justification you could prepare a request.

The application would first direct the head of the endocrinology service of your hospital.
In case of refusal to the hospital director.
In case of negative to the Health Minister of the Government of Castilla Leon.
In case of negative to the president of the community of Castilla Leon.
The last thing is to leave in the press telling the case.

A long and expensive process in effort, without happy end guarantees, but worth it ... first, because the bomb is the best control system for pediatrics and second, because another grain of sand is put more to defend the rightsof all people with diabetes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/03/2011 5:48 a.m.

Thank you for your answer, it helps me a lot, we will expect what is needed, but the biggest penalYou always have to go to the WC to put your insulin, or as the other day behind the school of the school, in short I have a mosque that does not let me clearly see the subject, I fire fire, greetings

serjupman's profile photo
serjupman
04/03/2011 2:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.