Fever and DM

Bylma's profile photo   04/06/2011 2:51 a.m.

Hello compis !!!
Let's see a new situation in my life of diabetics ... now fever with throat pain ...
I started before yesterday and yesterday for Ca tngo some more fever ... yesterday the blood glucose not low from 200 and now I have 164, I have done a cetonemia out of curiosity I do not notice anything ... and I have 0, 4 is there Pq in my papers I have to be greater than 0.5 and with glycemia greater than or equal to 250
What do you do when you are fever?What special measures should I follow?Will Cetonemia continue to upload me ???More insulin ??Less food ???
Thanks Companions: d

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
04/06/2011 2:51 a.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

Bylma, they are processes that must be spent trying to keep the glycemia as much as possible.
For that, he continues to eating the same as before, but the insulin units go up to get normal levels.

It is logical that when we are sick, we need more energy (that's why we are also so chafados when there is fever), and for us, insulin is like gasoline, if we spend more, we need more.0.4 Cetonemia also means that, that you need more insulin, and as you adjust to the new situation, cetonemia will disappear.

What better!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/06/2011 3:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

More controls, more insulin (if you need) and increase water consumption ... This is what I usually do.
That and stay in bed, which is the best of all: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/07/2011 2:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you so much!!!
I have followed your advice !!
I am already something better, fever is not so high ... and glycemia is somewhat more normalized ... at least some controls are good!It seems that the thing is returning to his being!

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
04/07/2011 5:14 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.