Bolis or pump

ray-ban's profile photo   03/17/2013 1:58 p.m.

good sure that this topic has been discussed before but I do not find it and that's why I put it ...

In your opinion that prefers insulin pump or bowling (lantus and another fast insulin like apidra).I say it why I am thinking of putting on a bomb and wanted advice of people who had a long time or little bomb.The lifestyle changes a lot? I have to eat something before bedtime (milk for example) so that it does not have a nocturnal hypoglycemia, the same thing happens with the insulin pump?.Another thing is whether all pumps have the continuous glucometer as standard or not and you have to continue with the reactive strips ...

Well, is it, in summary that it is better in your opinion bomb or bolis?

Thank you

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
03/17/2013 1:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pump without a doubt.
For me it has many more advantages than disadvantages, if you want, you can have a better control in a easier way since you can program the basal for schedules for example and thus avoid hypoglycemia or reduce them and the same for hyperglycemia.
The bomb I carry, I see from Medtronic, can carry the continuous meter but independently.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/17/2013 4:25 p.m.

The best of the bomb are 2 things:
- The schedule sections mentioned by Prado
- The availability of basal insulin, has nothing to do with the behavior of the Lantus or the less with the profile and availability of Novorapid, Humalog or Apidra ... and that shows a lot in the stability of the glycemia.

Regarding quality of life:
- It is incredible to check how "hooked" that we are on the punctures, shortly after putting the bomb notes such as that you lack something, as if you forget to do something very important that we have been doing a long time ... a very rare sensation.
- It forces you to carry more "accessories" on, in addition to the glucometer, boli and needles, when you leave home (a little far) you have to carry consumables, puncturer ... In the end the bag is quite large: Mrgreen:

Glycemia:
- In my opinion what influences the most, is the change of mentality and actions.You recycle about the theoretical knowledge of diabetes, you get more controls, you learn more about your particular diabetes, better HC rations ... You are more on top and you know more.And that translates into better figures.
- Psychologically, in a chronic disease, changes are usually good (provided they are not caused by worsening), it is a new motivation and that is important.

Socially, it is different to take out a needle and click on a restaurant to get a kind of MP3 and schedule a bolus.
I never cared to look at me or whatever they said about me, but you want it to be no other change.

DiabetesForo
03/18/2013 3:42 a.m.

I have a question with the topic pump because I would like to have it but apart from fear of exercising that they can hit you or whatever it gives me a lot of thing that is seen and for example in summer that you do if you are going tothe beach or the pool, how do you do it for might bathe ???
He always thought about it and never known how it would be with the bomb.
A health

campanilla's profile photo
campanilla
03/19/2013 12:21 p.m.

To bathe, you have to disconnect it, you take it off and ready.The catheter is still in your inserted body.What is seen ????That is the same, sincerely, I usually carry it in the pants or skirt belt hold with the clamp and it is seen, especially in summer, it seems that you carry a search and good, I am especially interested in carrying aGood control with quality of life and the bomb makes things very easier for me, the rest is accessory.
Anyway many women take her in the bra or in the pants pockets ....

DiabetesForo
03/19/2013 12:29 p.m.

I always wear the pump in my pocket, and it's like carrying the mobile ... nothing is seen and less in winter.
In summer the same, I always wear pants with pockets and to sleep with the clamp in the belt and voila.

And in case it looks, I don't care, I don't have to give explanations to anyone

DiabetesForo
03/19/2013 12:55 p.m.

I have only been with the bomb for a couple of weeks, and although I am there adapting and with the corrections, I bet on the pump, 100%

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/05/2013 12:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hello girls, how are you consulting being pregnant is it good to change to bomb?For all the change and until you adapt is advisable?

DiabetesForo
08/18/2016 1:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.