Moratones on the legs .... reason?

Quim's profile photo   04/12/2011 8:11 a.m.

Hello to all companions.

Last night I realized in the bathroom when I left the shower that I have my thighs full of bruises ... :( the truth that I had not noticed before because I am quite brown and with the bathroom light it looked clearer.

Normally in my thighs I inject slow insulin and leg change every day.The quick insulin I inject it into arms, belly and what has been on top of the buttocks (the float) where I put the fast never get purple (well almost never :)))

May this go through the amount of the slow (17 units) which is a lot in a single area?Or is it injecting it very fast?Is the legs more sensitive?Sometimes I detect that there may even be some bulldo that later disappears and when `` skewer '' (the time only of the needle does not inject) is where it usually hurts me the most.

Do you happen to style?

Thank you very much for not making me feel alone with this topic.

Hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/12/2011 8:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happened to me when I started running, I made a muscle on my legs and I overflowed with me and I also got Moratones.
So I changed to the gluteos and now in my legs I no longer puncture because I hardly have a fat.

Try the gluteos to see if you are doing better ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/12/2011 9:57 a.m.

The truth is that I am more thin 1.80cm and 72kg but I have precisely good hahahaha hams :))

Forgive to ask a little indiscreet question ....: Oops:
When you talk about the buttocks, do you want to say "the cheeks" forgive that it is a bit donkey: oops: but how do you do it?- You twist as you can and just in the middle of the "Cachete" you will grab you pinches and click?Or does it not need to pinch and without further click?The buttocks then is it a good absorption zone?It is a bit scary just because I think it's difficult ...

Thank you very much for your help and comments.

Hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/12/2011 10:18 a.m.

forgive to ask a slightly indiscreet question ....: oops:
When you talk about the buttocks, do you want to say "the cheeks" forgive that it is a bit donkey: oops: but how do you do it?- You twist as you can and just in the middle of the "Cachete" you will grab you pinches and click?Or does it not need to pinch and without further click?The buttocks then is it a good absorption zone?is that I am scared just because I think it's difficult ...

You want to say your ass, right?:)) :)) :)) :))

YEAH.The ass is usable in much of its vast and soft extension.It is not necessary pellizco, and you also have it complicated to do it, unless you are the girl of "The Exorcist" and you can turn half a body without moving the other medium ...

Indeed, it is not the most comfortable area, but it is more than proven that it is slow and stable when absorbing insulin, so it is highly recommended, especially for basal insulins (Lantus, Levemir ...).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/12/2011 11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

What needles do you use?I also got Moratones very easily, on my legs and impossible to prick, but since I started using 5 mm needles, it didn't happen again.I bought them because when I punctured me with feathers they only gave the 12 and 8 mm, they said that the 5 mm were for children: shock: ....

DiabetesForo
04/12/2011 11:13 a.m.

Gondurulo thank you very much for your answer, the truth that you made me laugh too of course to help me.You clarified things.I promise that tomorrow I will try the slow to do it in the cheeks and I will also tell you how the experience was :)) :)) :)) :))

Prado, I currently use the needles of 8. Those of 5 asked them in the outpatient and left me a few to try it and the thing is that it hurts the same or gives me the same feeling since for what I have understood the nerve endings areIn the skin and once pierced it is no longer notice.In addition, 5 gave me the feeling that insulin came out and tightened the pen more against the skin ... total that the same thing stuck.

Forgive that doing so many:?: Questions but do not stop to arise. Any of you is injected or knows someone who does it in the kidneys - float - Lomitos - above the ass ... I don't know what's calledThat area.I usually do it, I return a little, I make the clamp with one hand and with the other skewer.The truth is that it is the area that goes best and I almost not notice it.
Is this area also good truth?

Thank you and many hugs to all.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/12/2011 12:01 p.m.

Let's see Quim look at this link

The same you see a little better the areas where you can inject .....

DiabetesForo
04/12/2011 12:16 p.m.

PRADO THANK YOU.This image is very good and I also locate that if I can on the backs of the kidneys.

Hugs to all.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/12/2011 12:45 p.m.

I, I click on that of the bacon: Mrgreen:
I usually do it without pinch and with 5mm needle, in straight, without angle and without bending.

The same in the ass, it is not necessary to contort, throw your arm back and carefully (not as if you would pile a bull -like flag) click needle ....

The 5mm needle advantage is that in areas with abundant fabric it is not necessary and you can prick without completely straight fear.
There should be no difference from clicking with an 8mm, even the possibility of crossing the subcutaneous tissue is reduced.

DiabetesForo
04/12/2011 4:39 p.m.

Good afternoon.
First of all, thank you for Toooooda the help you offer and you cannot imagine the social work so important that you do.

Owash, thanks for helping me define that part of the body that is not called "the bacon" is of course the best name hahahaha and especially for the instructions to prick you in the buttock.

Well, as I promised I did it.I already punctured the ass hehehe.Hey, it is a great site, it is hard

Concession one thing, the truth that with fear in the end I twisted a little and in doing so I hurt my back, total that I can now not turn my neck to the right hahaha.I trust that little by little I will perfect the technique I can do it without looking just like the forearms.

Many hugs to all.

Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/13/2011 10:07 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.