Downloads exercising

mimbek's profile photo   03/26/2013 5:15 a.m.

Hello everyone!: D

I tell you ... I have debuted just 3 months ago, and although I carry it quite well (except for some days) I have thousands of doubts.:-/

The treatment I have is Lantus (8 units in the morning) and Novorapid (1 unit for breakfast, 2 or 3 units in food and 1 or 2 at dinner).

The safest thing is that he has type 1 diabetes and right now he is on a honeymoon, but the doctors are waiting to see how I evolve and do more analysis to see if the lada could have, since for the moment I need little insulin.

What at this time brings me in the head is the exercise, not for doing it in itself (which is worth ... I recognize that it gives me a little laziness haha) is because of the descents that give me in just 20 minutes.I mean yesterday for example, I began to exercise with 160 and 20 minutes later I had 68. The exercise was not intense, and I did not do it after clicking or slow or fast insulin.I have tried to download a Lantus unit, but I have not noticed the difference.

What overwhelms me a little is that one day I do not realize the downturn and keep exercising, being pending eating all the time (that is another, which I burn ... I get fat to climb the sugar) andthat is not enjoyed anything!

The same thing happens to everyone ... or is it the rarita?

Thank you!

Well, and another doubt that I have is whether type 1 diabetics end up needing a bomb ... or if they can use bolis all their lives.: Oops:

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/26/2013 5:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, as you say, exercise is a quick and effective way to lower glucose.The problem is precisely to dose it to avoid declines.
I use the static or low bicycle and climb stairs and in just over half an hour I have managed to get off 200 to 90.
The right thing is that as you are still new, you are gradually controlling the time, the type of exercise, the descents you can have, the type of food you have made before, etc.You know, each diabetic has to work a little their diabetes, actually the best doctor is oneself.
It can also be good to do the exercise in two phases, so that you rest about ten or fifteen minutes, eat some fruit or yogurt to avoid declines and you can continue with another second series of exercises.
A hug.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/26/2013 9:09 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

I spend a link on type 1 diabetes and sport:

There are several strategies to follow to avoid hypos.
You can eat before exercising some slow absorption hydrates (cookies, bread)
Chop something in the middle of the exercise (some small sugary drink)
Lower the lantus (I don't like this option because, in my opinion, the changes in Lantus take 2-3 days to see the effect)
put less insulin in the immediately previous food.

Each one finds the way that is better because depending on the type of exercise, some things or others are doing well.

Regarding pumps, they are only a type of infusion.
It has nothing to do with evolution, good or bad, of diabetes ... although it is true that they are usually put to people who do not carry good control-
To inject insulin there are 3 ways: roads (lifelong syringes ... There are still people who use them), feathers or bolis (no matter how you call them) and bombs.
The pump has more advantages than feathers or roads: it refines much more, you have the possibility of making basal sections, less insulin, much smaller doses ... but it makes you work much more, make you more self -analysis and, byOn the other hand, they are quite expensive to maintain for social security

DiabetesForo
03/26/2013 2:58 p.m.

Thank you so much!Info has helped me a great help.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
03/27/2013 5 a.m.

As you have told you what for one can work, for another not so much.Each one is a world, although the general guidelines that have told you are what you should follow.
I specifically using Lantus (I punctuthe intensity and duration of the exercise you plan to do).Also that afternoon before running I usually eat a fruit.

Anyway the only option is yourself to get controlled until you see what you have to do.It is not so difficult, it's just a matter of little time.

That does not discourage you to do sports.He managed to lengthen the honeymoon many years.

DiabetesForo
08/04/2013 6:55 a.m.

Thanks for the Owash link, I will make hiking and I had some doubts, that document has come to me in luxury :)

raul76's profile photo
raul76
08/04/2013 9:44 p.m.

mimbek said:
Hello everyone!: D

I tell you ... I have debuted just 3 months ago, and although I carry it quite well (except for some days) I have thousands of doubts.:-/

The treatment I have is Lantus (8 units in the morning) and Novorapid (1 unit for breakfast, 2 or 3 units in food and 1 or 2 at dinner).

The safest thing is that he has type 1 diabetes and right now he is on a honeymoon, but the doctors are waiting to see how I evolve and do more analysis to see if the lada could have, since for the moment I need little insulin.

What at this time brings me in the head is the exercise, not for doing it in itself (which is worth ... I recognize that it gives me a little laziness haha) is because of the descents that give me in just 20 minutes.I mean yesterday for example, I began to exercise with 160 and 20 minutes later I had 68. The exercise was not intense, and I did not do it after clicking or slow or fast insulin.I have tried to download a Lantus unit, but I have not noticed the difference.

What overwhelms me a little is that one day I do not realize the downturn and keep exercising, being pending eating all the time (that is another, which I burn ... I get fat to climb the sugar) andthat is not enjoyed anything!

The same thing happens to everyone ... or is it the rarita?

Thank you!

Well, and another doubt that I have is whether type 1 diabetics end up needing a bomb ... or if they can use bolis all their lives.: Oops:

Hi @nimbek
Surely being with "honeymoon" the doses are smaller it has happened to me the same at the beginning.
In your case I would eat something else before exercise or I would not put insulin if the exercise is very intense.
When I am high only with 20 MINS of Intense Cardio I have come down from 220 to 118 and quickly return to acceptable values.
It depends a lot on each one and also on the time you perform the exercise personally to me is better for the afternoons that is when I carry the highest glycemia, never in the morning because it would be a safe hypo.
I have diabetes for 25 years and I have bolis, my endo has never wanted to put on the bomb "treatment that works" but there are many in the forum that if they find it well.
Greetings ask what you want for that is the forum.

DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 3:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.