A clueless rookie advice, please

evadg's profile photo   03/27/2013 3:54 a.m.

Hello everyone

I am new, both in diabetes and in the forum, although I have been reading you for two weeks.

I am 48 years old.In a work medical examination, he had "high sugar," the doctor told me.They were fasting 149. So every two mornings I have gone to make an analysis on my finger, while I reduce sugars, hydrates ... and well, one day I have had 102, but it is usually 127, 140, 133.... All this on an empty stomach.

I have asked my GP, and it has given me time on April 8.I still tell me: a little high sugar ... But what, having been diabetic my mother and grandmother, and being my younger sister, I know I have diabetes.

And until day 8, without a little machine to do me analysis (the work says that my doctor will take it, of course), until day 8 I would not want me to get up a lot.And I don't know what to do more than remove sugar and hydrates.

Can you give me advice, please?

evadg's profile photo
evadg
03/27/2013 3:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Exercise is the best option because you increase insulin sensitivity and consume excess glucose.With walking 1 hour a day it would be a very important step.It is better for an hour every day than three hours twice a week.

The better hydrates if they are slow absorption as rice or whole wheat because they take longer to metabolize.
In type two the most effective is losing weight

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/27/2013 10:28 a.m.

Thank you very much, or

I am in losing weight.I have about 10 kg and I have already lost almost 2.
And I didn't know about rice, I thought since sugar went up a lot was worse.Let's see if a doctor is already attending to me, but while I will continue here;)

With walking, I try to walk between 30 and 45 minutes every day, but some weekend I can't (ok, I don't take my time).

In addition, I have high tension (I have already sent me pills to regulate it).

Thanks for the tips.

evadg's profile photo
evadg
03/27/2013 10:36 a.m.

They are somewhat high levels, no doubt.But you may be able to control it with diet and exercise.You have to consider you very seriously lose weight, and carry a diet rich in vegetables, legumes, etc.Be very careful with bread, it is one of the most prohibitive foods, also pasta and potatoes (homemade fries are a glucose pump).Buy cookies without sugar, although that does not mean you can abuse them, they have many hydrates.With those high levels on an empty stomach, your breakfast must be light and then walk for a while.Try to get the time anyway, health is the first.
Do not fill yourself with food at once, try to eat little and more often.Use smaller dishes and eat slowly to feel more satiated.
Dinner rather early, don't go to bed with an abundant dinner and without doing some exercise.Use a static bicycle, use it in front of the TV, it will help you to be more bearable.Enfin, there are many things that can be done, but all with a lot of willpower.Once you have managed to lower those levels, you will be encouraged to more efforts and take them much better.
The doctor may prescribe some oral medication.
A hug and luck

DiabetesForo
03/28/2013 6:59 a.m.

Thank you very much, Miguel.I try to do everything (or almost) of what you say.I mean, I didn't even have breakfast.Now breakfast, little, but breakfast.I try not to take hydrates (quite complicated thing, at least for me), and do all the exercise I can.Go to what I can, go from car.Although it seems something silly, at least it is something, I say.

I have lost 3 kg, I have 7 left 7 or some even more, but I am in it.

Obviously, health is first.I do not want to do as my mother, who refused to be diabetic, but not taking care of each other.It was not taken care of, as if it weren't.

evadg's profile photo
evadg
04/01/2013 3:49 a.m.

Well great what you say.I see that you have it clear and accept reality, which is the right thing to do.So to continue on that line.Soon you have the appointment with the doctor and you can better control your levels with what he prescribes.
But for now what you say, exercise and diet.Few hydrates (I find it very difficult to do without them, it is the only thing that hunger satisfies me ... it is so rich to wet the bread in a sauce..¡¡).But let's see, the reality is what is and makes sense to hide the head like the ostrich.
After the appointment with the doctor, tell us that he has prescribed you and how you evolve.
An affectionate greeting.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 3:11 a.m.

Thanks for the support, it is also necessary.
I guess when I have been more than fed up, but as now what I am is scared, I force myself.
I know that well careful diabetes does not have to be serious, the times I will have told my mother, but of course, seeing it in oneself is not the same.
Let's see if the doctor prescribes something, or at least I can measure myself from time to time the glucose, because of course, I am lost.But while I am doing something, I will have to do that the same.
In my work they have given me a role with tips to diabetics, and I was surprised because it says that, if you have to eat, it is best pizza.??Man, the same means that it is better than a hamburger, but ... so I prefer these advice of people who already know from experience what it is.

Thank you so much :)

evadg's profile photo
evadg
04/02/2013 4:03 a.m.

Well, I don't think you have to be fed up over the years .. If there is responsibility, it will always exist.Obviously, there will always be one day of those typical parties, family celebrations, that you send everything to the baton and make an excess;We are human and sometimes falling into temptation is inevitable.
As for pizza ... well ... in this diabetes there are so many opinions and of different colors.But it is clear that pizza is bread, flour, and therefore hydrates.Therefore, to eat outside, to my modest judgment, better a first salad and a small fish or fillete grilled, avoiding bread and frista potatoes and surely it is much better.
See you later, avoid.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 6:19 a.m.

With the pizza you have to be careful because everything that carries if it is very fatty makes the absorption of the hydrates slower and can get the glucose a lot hours after eating it.But if you eat a piece without abusing and with a lot of vegetable above it can be a good food.
But I, until the doctor did not see me and indicated the medication, I would not eat pizza or very elaborate meals, better simple dishes.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2013 7:56 a.m.

Hi, meadow.It is what I try to do, that is, more vegetables and legumes and less hydrates.And yet I continue with high sugar, today I had 138 on an empty stomach.Surely I do things wrong, but let's see if the doctor guides me, or sends me something, I don't know.
Thanks for the tips !!

evadg's profile photo
evadg
04/02/2013 8:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.