Breakfast hyperglycemia

vafepo's profile photo   04/17/2011 11:32 a.m.

I am type 1. My problem is that for about two weeks I have lifted high (between 200 and 300).And I have increased the insulin dose from 21 to 29 and nothing, as if I did not modify anything. Two hours after dinner I have it between 130-180 and at 4 in the morning I take a control and I have it between 150-180, and at 7 when I click for breakfast I have it high and I don't understand the reason when I eat quite well.And to dinner too .. if you could give me your opinion, because I don't know what I can do.:(
ME SCRATO HUMALOG MIX 25 (27-25-29)
I take eutirox 88.
In the food in addition to the 25 of Mix 25 I also put 4 units of Apidra.Because without those 4 units I arrive very high at dinner, for more mix 25 that puts me.

vafepo's profile photo
vafepo
04/17/2011 11:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!!!How much are you being diabetic?The experience I had with Mix insulins was quite disastrous, currently the guidelines with basal insulin+fast, either based on injections or insulin pump work quite well.In my view you lack slow insulin, and perhaps also something quick at dinner helps you get more just at 4 and therefore better in the morning.But the best thing would be to talk to the endo to see if the insu changes you, to start Lantus+Apidra, it would be fine, you will surely appreciate it at the schedules.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/17/2011 2:33 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome to the forum: Mrgreen:

I agree with Velia that mixed are difficult to control.
If you increase the dose of the dinner, you are increasing both the part of the rapid (25) and of dinner (75), so what you can win on the one hand is likely to lose it for the other.
The Bolus-Basal guideline is the simplest today and the most similar to the normal physiology of a healthy pancreas.

Do you change the injection zone?
You may always click on the same place and the area is already saturated ... if so, insulin makes less effect because it costs it a lot of absorbing, the encapsulation phenomenon can even occur.
If this is your case, be careful when you change zone because you can have hypo, simply by changing the injection zone.

On the other hand, I imagine that you have same food habits, similar amounts of carbohydrates at dinner ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/17/2011 3:19 p.m.

I am for 16 years ... and the poor lantus and it was fatal ... I have been doing it for 4 years.But it doesn't solve anything ... I told me about 4 in the morning and already ..
Thanks for your opinions.

vafepo's profile photo
vafepo
04/17/2011 7:08 p.m.

Hello:
And what was the reason that Lantus did not work for you?If you feel like telling us because it is difficult for me to understand, you tried with a levem?
I think like Velia and Owash that the mixed complicate the life, although there are thoughtful ones that prefer them because they are less punctures ....:-/......

DiabetesForo
04/18/2011 4:25 a.m.

Well, the reason is that the hemo uploaded to 10 ... the controls to more than 400 was normal ... I click almost 100 units in 2 times a day ...ngorde and having so much lack of control because cholesterol, triglycerides and all that..
I want to try her but do not want to wear it ... I personally do not like my mix ..

vafepo's profile photo
vafepo
04/18/2011 6:44 a.m.

The eutirox you take can interact with insulin
I guess your endo will have foreseen this ... I imagine that the dose will be low, so in theory it should not affect you glycemia ...

When do you take eutirox?You could try to take it in mid -morning or mid -afternoon and not to coincide with any of the doses of Humalog ...

DiabetesForo
04/18/2011 4:14 p.m.

The eutirox is taken in the morning on an empty stomach, since it is for the thyroid.And I have been more than 2 years old.

vafepo's profile photo
vafepo
04/18/2011 4:58 p.m.

I suppose the control at 4 in the morning is to assess a hypo, right?

What time do you have dinner, what time are you going to sleep and what time are you lifting?

Have you thought about controlling you a little earlier, about 2 in the morning?I don't know, I say it for investigating a little more.You could try to make you two or three nights a profile, a test every two hours (for example, on the weekend).

The same thing happened to me for a while and there are seasons that happen to me.I am going to sleep with values ​​of 120, at 2 I am at 130 and then I wake up at 280. I got the basal with the bomb and solved, although from time to time I have an inexplicable surprise.It is already the second time that I have to climb the night basal.

Another option is that you also need Apidra for dinner.

Although before you were well, there are times that our insulin needs change for no apparent reason and a treatment that was going well at a given time stops working.

I would do the controls and return to endo with a good arsenal of data so that it cannot take importance.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
05/04/2011 6:15 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.