Mother's day cake

olguilla's profile photo   05/01/2011 4:51 p.m.

Congratulations to all moms !!!

The base of the cake has been the ingredients :

For decoration:
- cream mounted with sweetener (400 ml, approximately two boats)
- Black sugar chocolate (50 gr, although you can put it more quietly)
- strawberries
- Milk chocolate
- Caramelized almonds

For the caramelized almonds
- A glass of water
- A glass of sweetener (I have used sugarsol, I don't know how it will come with another sweetener like the tagatose)
- A glass of fillet almonds (about 70 gr, in my case)

How do we make caramelized almonds?

We put in a pan (rather old because you can spoil) the 3 ingredients and put it over high heat.And now it's time to remove and stir and stir until you get the desired result.When ready, put on silver paper and let cool.

In total, the cake is 172.5 gr of CH, plus the jam, which I will have put a couple of soups.If you divide the cake into 10 pieces, each piece are 17 gr of CH, approximately.

PS: Sorry for the dimensions of the photo!

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
05/01/2011 4:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The cake has a brutal look (Babeo On): Mr Green:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/07/2011 4:42 a.m.

How do you mediate carbohydrates that any food has? Either a cake or any other type of elaborate food?

thank you,

DiabetesForo
05/07/2011 12:46 p.m.

First you have to know how many carbohydrates have a certain food.For example, wheat flour, per 100 gr, 70 are carbohydrates.

If in a recipe you have to put 150 of flour, then calculate how many hydrates are with a rule of 3:

70*150/100.In this case, it would be 105 gr of carbohydrates.

You would have to do the same with the rest of the ingredients to carry: fruit, chocolate, almonds, nuts ...

Once you have the total hydrates of a cake, you have two options by eye or more precisely (which I know).

I simply divide the cake into 10 or 15 pieces, depending on the size of the sponge cake, and divided the total ch between the number of pieces.He is the one who usually uses because he is more practical.

In a more precise way, the total cake is weighed (let's put 423 gr).When you take a piece, weight and make the rule of 3 again.If the total sponge cake was 290 gr of CH and the piece weighs 34 gr.Well:

290*34/423: The piece would be about 23 gr of carbohydrates.

I hope I have explained well:-/

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
05/07/2011 12:56 p.m.

Thanks for the explanation,
I thought that when cooking food, the number of hydrates also increased.I see that it is simpler than all that,
You have explained luxury: D

DiabetesForo
05/09/2011 2:38 p.m.

Happy Mother's Day !!

fer's profile photo
fer
05/07/2017 2:06 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Happy day to all

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/07/2017 2:24 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I have prepared a cheese cake, baked, I have tuned an internet recipe and I have done it with saccharin.Easy, three eggs, three Greek yogurts, a pHILADELPHIA CHEESE, 50 GRS FLOUR, VANILLA ESSENCE AND 13 ENVELOPES D SQUARINA IN POWDER (I have used the dl m ...Pour the mixture and put oven 175 degrees up and down, 40 min.that does not reach eight d HC.but if the layer is finite either many).

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
05/07/2017 2:31 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.