Glycemic stability

mornita's profile photo   05/02/2011 1:20 p.m.

My son is 5 years old, although we have the best tools, if I neglect a tad (I do not control him frequently, or I get low or basal depending on the case) I plant in 200 or vice versa in 60, and that would be daily.There are days that I think, how will my child be able to handle this when I am old?I read some of you, say that you have not seen a 200, in return you have no hypos?When is one adult is more "stable"?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/02/2011 1:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Uyyyyy Morn what to tell you;), surely we become more stable with age, but you know that it depends on each one.I can tell you that I am quite stable, or so I think:-/ but I see the occasional 200 in my glucometer frequently and also a few minor hypos, the important thing is to be measured frequently, I still say that a diabetes cannot be controlled wellIf you do not make the 6 daily measurements of before and after each meal at least ... to be able to quickly stop hyperglycemiase above all ..... I do not know, we all look for the greatest possible stability but I am getting clearer lighterthat even with the bomb is impossible mission .....: Mrgreen:.The important thing is to never try to try, fortunately we have better means .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/02/2011 1:53 p.m.

I start from the axiom that diabetes stability is impossible.And staying between 100 and 200 is also, at least in my case.What needs to be done is not obsess and try to do things well.That there are specific peaks means anything.There are people who do not have high values ​​and develop complications in a few years, and others with high values ​​have no problem.
As always, the genetics of each one is fundamental in this aspect.We just have to worry about trying to keep the figures as close as possible to normal.But without obsessing or living pending of the meter or the bomb, because also the quality of life counts, and living thus excessively worried, is living worse.And also an excess of heat to monitor the figures to the maximum does not avoid problems in the future.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/03/2011 4:20 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Mornita, the experience tells me that age greatly influences ... Angela has been more stable when it has been growing, at your child's age it was like you, now her glycemiah most of the time are predictable, ((I unthinkable thing when I was 5, 6 or 7 years old), and with respect to knowing how to control, surely, I also had and still have my fears, but every time I am more surprised by the responsibility and knowledge that my daughter of her diabetes has...
A kiss

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/03/2011 6:27 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

My son is 5 years old, although we have the best tools, if I neglect a tad (I do not control frequently, or I get low or subal basal as the case may be)200 or vice versa in 60, and that would be daily.There are days that I think, how will my child be able to handle this when I am old?I read some of you, say that you have not seen a 200, in return you have no hypos?When one is an adult, it is more "stable"?

The problems of the crying are hormones, impossible to foresee and control ... although without those hormones a correct growth is impossible, so it is only necessary to wait for "adulthood" so that hormones stop doing their job

We have almost all of the peaks ... And yes, against lower more possibilities of hypos

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/11/2011 2:45 p.m.

The only stable and constant diabetes is that it is not stable or constant.Over time we learn to manage it better, with more or less technological tools according to the case, and many times we achieve more stable periods than others, but it is one day at the same time.It does not become easier but we learn and improve 😉

Ana_YoDiabetes's profile photo
Ana_YoDiabetes
08/25/2019 2:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.