{'en': 'DM1 evolution', 'es': 'Evolución DM1'} Image

DM1 evolution

azucarilloout's profile photo   05/02/2011 6:18 p.m.

Hello, I introduce myself, several months ago, that I do not merode here and the truth is that this platform serves TB of Divan (the psychoanalysts apologize).

Well my name is Carlos and two and a half years ago I debuted.The fact is that the disease has been gradually evolving and I, next to it, trying to keep the status quo.

The truth is that at the moment I only click Lantus 28 units, (before 14).I am afraid to have to manage quickly, since that would be, for me, a setback in the disease, although I am aware that that day will arrive.

Lately I am clueless with my measurements, I have gone from a hem of 5.8 to a 6.3, quite good.

I become obsessed with not overcoming 120 on average, and sometimes I get it, haha.I changed the guideline, I began to administer at night instead of the morning and the truth is that I did quite well, but as I said, I have episodes of Hiper, for which I find no explanation.

I blame it for the anxiety that things generate and above all, my illness.

An example, the other day I went from a hiccup of 39 to a hyper of 289, something that seemed incredible to me, since on other occasions I have dinner much more and I have given more understandable values.

If someone wants or has gone through the same experience, I would like me to share with me and with everyone.

All the best

azucarilloout's profile photo
azucarilloout
05/02/2011 6:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you have type 1 diabetes your treatment is intensive with insulin either through multiple injections or through insulin pump.

So far you have been in that initial period called "honeymoon" where there is still its own insulin and thanks to that you have been able to control the disease only with a type of insulin and with low doses but that period does not last eternally and late and late or late orEarly, it happens to have a complete dependence on insulin.

Having a complete dependence does not mean a setback in the control of the disease since in type 1 diabetes there is a destruction of the cells that produce insulin, that destruction is not immediate (it does not happen from one day to another) But when it happens you have to supply that insulin deficit completely and that is not a setback, which would be a setback in the control of the disease is to move from everything and thereby facilitate the appearance of complications (retina, kidneys, ...).

All the data you say suggest that the "honeymoon" is running out (two years and peak from the debut, the need for the highest doses of Lantus, the appearance of hyperglycemia more frequently, slight rise in glycosylated hemoglobin, ...) I think you will have to start using a fast action analog... for all the data you comment ...) and that does not mean at all that you are carrying bad control, that is within normality in type 1.

I do not know when you have the next appointment with your endocrine but you may have to ask you to move it to you or if you do not make an appointment with your educator in diabetes issues to start as soon as possible to control those hyperglycemia.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/02/2011 7:10 p.m.

Look when you have a hypoglycemia then throughout the day you will have hyperglycemia. This is called a revote effect explain it: it gives you a hypoglycemia then the body defends itself but Tarrrda in defending so that hyperglycemia can appear then but surely appears.Also if you exercise as soon as you finish the exercise or effort or only you will be high, you will be high x the adrenaline that generates the body (or if you are scam) and then you can have a hypoglycemia not necessarily followed to the physical activity but that you exercise x do you exercise xThe morning and x the night you have hypoglycemia so I do not have to be scared and the most important thing is what glycosy hemoglobin thinks that there are diabetics with 14 of hemo so I consider that it is fine x below d 8 for a diabetic but hopefully we can send itin 6 with something

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
09/02/2011 7:03 p.m.

Not whenever there is a hypoglycemia, it is followed by hyperglycemia ... the hypo, when it occurs and how it goes back is to be seen.

The rebound effect is described as the Somogy effect (nocturnal not perceived because it is sleeping and the body reacts with counterattacking hormones, putting glucose to the blood).
Outside that description, mild hypoglycemia, during the day, is usually easily traced with 1 juice and a pair of cookies, those hypos do not usually carry exaggerated hyperglycemia.

A lot of eye with the increases caused by adrenaline, they are very misleading, just like blood glucose rises a lot and very fast, the glycemia goes down as fast, so it is better not to correct or wait to correct the next food intake.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/03/2011 4:14 a.m.

Sorry for getting out of the initial theme a little, but in the thread of the hits and hip of rebound that you speak, on Saturday I ate quite light, and despite putting a less insulin, in the middle I noticed me low, I had almost 60. I took aCoca, I waited for a while and noticed that something strange happened, because the coca (which always goes up like a shot) was not taking effect.I look at myself ... and 25 !!Hala, a 20 cl list.And to the five minutes, bread with nocilla.The truth is that from there, he already went up as a shot and I had no more problems.But at the time of dinner ... Nice 390 that put in the meter: Oops :: oops :: oops:

And to this, ladies and gentlemen, is what is called rebound effect.

PD: When I have a large bounce fruit of a large hiccup, the truth is that I feel nothing guilty, because a strong hypo you have to overcome it anyway.I insist, whatever.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2011 6:28 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I would like to give you an advice of a 23 -year -old DMI of evolution: drink drinks to solve hypoglycemia (sugary water, juices, ..) but not milk with sugar, since it delays the absorption of glucose.Taking Slow absorption HC in the form of sweets, delays the beginning of the glycose grocerwhich brings with it a hyperglycemia of the fuck.

Ciao

Figaro_enf's profile photo
Figaro_enf
09/06/2011 11:04 a.m.

Jiji all good but if a person has an important hypo as 39 then he has a hyper important!since the response of the body sometimes takes so that if you exercise now you may not have hypoglycemia at the end but much later it is understood? As for the hydrates D carbon is simple if you have insulin D more and gives you hypoglycemia andlebantas with a juice or juice does not work so much, t explaiko the xq, the juice is liquid bone that as it goes up to the touch instead a cookie takes to climb and also to lower the chocolates x its fat takes tmb in climbing is x that that qThey are advised chewable candies and mogul in case you exercise and are very badly take a juice so that it rises fast and a cookie d water puts so that it does not fall quickly is it understood?

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
09/06/2011 12:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.