Hi, I'm new and possible diabetic

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/07/2013 10:18 a.m.

Good afternoon, I will try to explain what has been spending for a couple of weeks since I am very nervous and I don't know what to think ...

I am 28 years old.

First of all, I do not know if I am, I will, the type of diabetes or because this happens to me, although I suppose it will and go to the idea.

Everything started two weeks ago when for an urine infection he gave me to go to the urrolo to see because this could be, since it gives me one or two a year and I spend a couple of very fucked days.Well, they do the typical, an echo in which everything goes well and an urine analysis, because what is my surprise that the next day calls me the laboratory to tell me that I have left the high glucose in urine and that that is notNormal and that if I am thirsty, if I feel tired and if I brought a lot, to which I obviously answer that I am not always.The Lord tells me that I could have diabetes unless it was a specific thing so to speak, so it was the following week to repeat it.

Well, you can imagine, my concern begins and that is that I am very nervous and I turn around everything ... I start looking online and you see everything.That same afternoon I went to a pharmacy to do the sugar test, and two hours and little after having eaten a good plate of macaroni as always, I give 175, I do not know if it is normal or not and the pharmacist tells me quietly that it isA highly high but that if I have eaten and such as it does not precipate me, but that this test is done on an empty stomach.

Well, fasting that I go the next day and I give 118, and from there I throw me 2 or 3 days with nerves, a concern and that in my life I had been thus nervous.Besides, the needles and between the punctures on my fingers and think that I had to put insulin if it was diabetic I could not even walk from fear, without strength, nervous ... fatal.I started those next two days to do the test 6 or 7 times a day, and I said on 130 and 140 the next day, and one morning after lunch I reached 220 but this already I think it was for what I say of being trembling duringSeveral days and almost all the time.

I begin to think that I will be diabetic and take it the best I can, and appear from there I stop taking buns, donuts, macdonals, bourgeois King, Telepizza ... I do not eat every day, but if it ate a lot of shit and start eating normalFor several days and to reassure myself to what I can until the day of repeating the urine analysis and this time accompanied by one of blood.

The next day and for my hurry they give me the results, and in urine it is negative, and in the blood on an empty stomach 133 and the glycosylated hemoglobin to 6.9.Everything else perfect.In a way I reassured me since I thought everything was going to go out through the clouds.

And I have been after this eating well ... without nursing and not eating much either, although last night I could no longer and cease half pizza.It costs me a world especially the issue of food.These days I give everything more or less normal, or so I think since I have never had the need to do these tests ... I did 6 or 7 tests a day, and when I leave the higher it is fasting, one day 130, another130, today 120, yesterday 110. Before eating it usually leaves me between 80 and 110. Two hours after eating between 110 and 160 the day that most.Before dining between 90 the lowest and yesterday for example 147, the other days in between.And before sleeping between 90 and 120 or so, less yesterday than I had 137 and I suppose it would be for the pizza I quite.This morning as I said I have given 120 and before eating 89.

That yes, I have ever done the test at the time and little to eat or so, and it has come out 180 or so ... but they told me that there, that I waited at two hours or so, that it is normal to laterFrom eating the glucose rises.

And so I am, hoping that I will arrive on Tuesday to go to the endocrine to see what he tells me, and with an uncertainty aboutKnow what really happens ... although putting me in the worst will be diabetes, but I don't know what kind or anything at all.Background I have a cousin of my mother and nothing else, and she gave her after giving her daughter 30 years ago or so.

As you can see, I don't have much idea, except that what I have been able to learn in these 10 days that I have like that, so to see that you can say, if you think you will be diabetic, if so, what kind, if it is if I will haveWhat to click on or pills or what will I have to do ...

I must also say that I have been 3 or 4 months very nervous and somewhat stressed by business issues and family problems, and I don't know if this has been able to influence or not and to what extent.And my diet has never been good, I always eat junk food although neither is much, and I have eaten everything, I have drunk ... like any young man we go.That yes, nothing weird has never come out in blood analysis since I become every year and I'm always perfect.

Let's see if someone can illuminate me ..,

Greetings and thanks!

And after t

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/07/2013 10:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you have overweight/obesity?
It could be type 2 diabetes or simply insulin resistance

A 6.9% glycosylated hemoglobin means that you have an average of about 140mg/dl in the last 3 months ... that is high, too high for someone who does not have diabetes.

The occasional glycemia that have made you seem to point out that you have something;At least you have an altered blood glucose, both in the basal (more than 100 and less than 126) and after an intake (more than 126 and less than 140)

I imagine that the endocrine will have already asked you for a blood analytical.
If you do not have the typical start (losing weight, eating a lot, drinking a lot and urinating a lot) you will have to see how much insulin your body produces (it is measured with the peptide c).
If you have type 1 diabetes, the c peptide will be lower than usual.

It could also be lada diabetes, with a somewhat different start from the rest of the types of diabetes, although it is usually given in over 35 years ... but I do not think it is disposable.

DiabetesForo
04/07/2013 10:32 a.m.

Do you have overweight/obesity?
It could be type 2 diabetes or simply insulin resistance

A 6.9% glycosylated hemoglobin means that you have an average of about 140mg/dl in the last 3 months ... that is high, too high for someone who does not have diabetes.

The occasional glycemia that have made you seem to point out that you have something;At least you have an altered blood glucose, both in the basal (more than 100 and less than 126) and after an intake (more than 126 and less than 140)

I imagine that the endocrine will have already asked you for a blood analytical.
If you do not have the typical start (losing weight, eating a lot, drinking a lot and urinating a lot) you will have to see how much insulin your body produces (it is measured with the peptide c).
If you have type 1 diabetes, the c peptide will be lower than usual.

It could also be lada diabetes, with a somewhat different start from the rest of the types of diabetes, although it is usually given in over 35 years ... but I do not think it is disposable.
Hello, first of all, thanks for the answer, I tell you that I have no overweight, a kilo or two if, since weight 75 kg and I measure 1.78, but I am not fat, much less.

On the symptoms say that neither I drink a lot, nor a lot, nor have I lost weight nor anything.I am as always and like all my life.Come on, I have not noticed any change ...

I do not know what to think, I try to think that Alomejor has been because of the high stresses and nerves that I have had the last months, but it may just want to deceive myself, I don't know.What is clear is that these values ​​are not normal, but seeing and reading most cases of other people, I see that mine is very rare, since they are much lower values, there have been no symptoms ...

On Tuesday as I have said I go to the endocrine and take my blood analysis this week and see if you can give me a diagnosis or tell me something, because I need to know what happens to me.That is, it is my first interview with him, but I have already naalisis of urine and blood and some leaves with all my values ​​of one week or so.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/07/2013 10:42 a.m.

Hello friend, first calm down that you are going to die of nerves and not to be diabetic .. hahaha.
I have been really now a year ago, it is when I enter some forum but serious ... you take for what you read on the Internet, because I swear !!That you will bitter how I happen to me. As it is normal and we go up to all of being clicking and controlling us with a lot of obsession and it is not good since you go up the azuar with your own nerves ..
It is true that it is a mysterious confrying, that it is afraid to think that we can spend something while we sleep, but if you before sleeping you take something that does not leave you all night on an empty stomach, over time you will learn the tricks yourself, ask yourselfSiempr atu nurse, the one that takes your weight control, sign up the things that you want to ask so that I do not forget with your nerves ..
Do not live with fear that it is much worse we are much and we are alone educating ourselves in not eating junk food, although more than one like me !!Some trap we do and then arrives repentance .. hahaha
There is something that I want to tell you, try to walk a lot begins with half an hour, and you will see how your body asks you more, until you do it an hour and a half ... I can not do because I have the meniscus more, and it hurts if I am moreTime but you will realize how sugar goes down !!Walk every day as I do and when you arrive you get the test and you will see the levels as they go down.I am very encouraged.
It is Verda that there are days that one is bitter, if it is lunch with the family, but you already know the diabeticBut tell you because I am not a doctor, but a suggestion advice do not get into many forums, that a moment that overwhelm you will come .. Well friend was a pleasure to be able to tell you something, take care of you a lot and to be happy that for that we came .. !!Arm

Rosario52's profile photo
Rosario52
04/07/2013 11 a.m.

Hi Rosario, thank you very much for the animals! The truth that gives joy to see how people even despite having normal diabetes and with that energy.If in the end I had to have it, I will try to live in the same way that I do now, just taking care of me as a priority and I do not doubt it.

But I would like to know opinions according to my data to see what you think it can be ... It seems that having type 2 is better in some way?Or does it seem to me for the subject of not starting by clicking?I am very lost ...

DiabetesForo
04/07/2013 11:13 a.m.

The first thing is to see what type of diabetes you have, if you finally have diabetes ...

In diabetes you depend on yourself
If you do things wrong, your body will pass your bill, the type of diabetes does not matter, you will have a bad time.
If you control and do what you should normally have no big problems.

Pricing is the least.
Keep in mind that if you have type 1 diabetes and do not put insulin, in the short term you die ... that simple, so click is not optional, you have to do it yes or yes
The danger of type 2 is that it does not give symptoms of its complications, but you control you do not notice that you have high blood glucose;High blood glucose for a long time guarantees you to have serious diabetes complications

DiabetesForo
04/07/2013 11:29 a.m.

In other words, in the end the type of diabetes that has true?The most important thing is to take care of yourself, which I will do from the first day.Because sport although I have not done a long time, usually if I do, bicycle, padel, run ...

So nothing, to wait on Tuesday to see what they tell me, although I am there at a point that I don't know what could happen ... I have done the glucose test two hours after eating a good dish of macaroni, a little piece ofbread and a normal yogurt and I have given 138. I always walk in the limit values ​​so to speak.

Hopefully in the end it was for something else, for the nerves or stress, but I don't want to fool myself and I think I am prepared for everything.

Greetings and thanks.

DiabetesForo
04/07/2013 12:55 p.m.

If you have a family history, that means you are on the way to have it, without the intention of scaring you.Better to prevent it before suddenly enter you by diabetic coma.
I started the same as you;With eaten fasting glycemia 118/124/130. I got nervous, and began to stop taking sugar and all food that carries it.But I had a lot of stress at work and other family problems.So I lost a lot and had other symptoms.
It is best to weigh you to see if you lose weight.And do the peptide C test to know your pancreas reservations.
I encourage and everything has a solution.

mirleft's profile photo
mirleft
01/03/2016 10:43 a.m.

Man, with a glycosilada of 6.9 I think white and in bottle.Not to be diabetic you have to have below 5.6.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/03/2016 4:27 p.m.

@nico87, type I diabetes is deadly without invasive treatment with external insulin and you would die in a matter of weeks or months.

nico87 said:
that is, in the end the type of diabetes that has true?The most important thing is to take care of yourself, which I will do from the first day.Because sport although I have not done a long time, usually if I do, bicycle, padel, run ...

So nothing, to wait on Tuesday to see what they tell me, although I am there at a point that I don't know what could happen ... I have done the glucose test two hours after eating a good dish of macaroni, a little piece ofbread and a normal yogurt and I have given 138. I always walk in the limit values ​​so to speak.

Hopefully in the end it was for something else, for the nerves or stress, but I don't want to fool myself and I think I am prepared for everything.

Greetings and thanks.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
01/03/2016 5:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Those a bit high values ​​can also be due to urinary infection, right?

Anitaz's profile photo
Anitaz
01/08/2016 3:35 a.m.

Very sure.It is a possibility.Any infectious process does it.When it gives me some fever or cold, I immediately climb the sugar.

flaviojosefo's profile photo
flaviojosefo
01/10/2016 7:22 p.m.

The two diabetes are controllable, but different, better than your endocrinologist explain at the time, for example I am type two diabetic, debut with 51 years, and I already have 55

Jor's profile photo
Jor
03/23/2021 11:58 p.m.

Hi @nico87, I'm a bit like you.Recently it gave me very high sugar in the recognition of the company and .... I started my episode.In my case my values ​​are much higher than yours and I had symptoms, I lost 3 kilos and felt a lot thirst.Now with pills (efficib) it has lowered me and for the moment I do not sulked me insulin but the endocrine has told me that it is a matter of time.And here I am, with the same panic as you, with fear of the needles and trying to accept it and making me the idea.I am 42 years old and at least I think that these years I ate everything and I was already lucky that it did not happen to me before.On April 9 I return to my endocrine, it will give me a definitive diagnosis, I suppose.This forum is very good to talk to people in the same situation and encourage us.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
03/24/2021 9:45 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Hi Nico.

I have read you.You are very young, the first thing is that you calm down.

I will try to explain things for steps, to settle your doubts and be quieter.

1) Glucose is taken on an empty stomach (8 to 12 hours after the last food. It is also taken 2 hours after eating. You should not take it before or after.

2) You can buy a glucometer and take sugar levels yourself.They are very cheap and quite exact.You can bring control in Excel for several days or weeks and so you will have a better perspective.You write the fasting glucose and then after eating (2 hours).At the end of this writing I leave you a graph for you to understand better.

3) In case you have diabetes (we still don't know), you would need to know if it is type 1 and type 2.

4) You could have insulin resistance, but I do not believe it because insulin resistance normally causes obesity and especially in the belly area (abdominal obesity) with a prominent abdomen.For your weight, I don't think (or I don't know, you have to see what the endocrine says).

5) The "normal" glucose values ​​for a person without diabetes are 106 or less fasting.2 hours after food you must have 140 or less.A person who has 106 to 126 is normally handled as prediabetes (and should be treated to avoid reaching diabetes, or at least attract the condition).greater than 126 on an empty stomach is considered diabetic.

6) The glucosylated hemoglobin test is a good indicator since it shows an average of how glucose has been in the last 3 months.In many publications, books and information of endocrinologists I know, it is indicated that the normal is 4.1 to 5.5%.From 5.6% to 6.4% are prediabetes and greater than 6.5% are considered diabetes.

7) Did you go with your endocrine doctor?Did you send you any study?Have you given you some diagnosis?

8) I suggest you already lower carbohydrates such as bread, potatoes, pizza, sugary drinks, etc.The doctor will tell you better, or send you with a nutritionist.Food and exercise are key.

9) It is important that you go with the doctor because they will surely send you medication to improve those glucose values.You are still at very good levels to correct.

10) It would be good a blood chemistry, lipid profile, blood and ego biometry to take it to the doctor and also see how you are in general (there you can see if it is infection, if there are problems of LDL, HDL, HDL, HDL,uric acid and many other conditions related to the cardiovascular and renal system, which are very related to high sugar issues.

If you have any questions, write me.As seen, I have devoured a lot of related documentation, although my knowledge is more of diabetes 2 than diabetes 1.

Try to calm you.I am diabetic and I am with very good levels thanks to the improvement of my diet and now I exercise daily (walking).You can control your health, without a doubt.Get the nervousness related to this issue.Instead of worrying, you must take care of yourself.

Here we are here to help you.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/24/2021 10:41 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.