Presentation in a moment of weakness

juarez's profile photo   05/12/2011 2:24 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I debuted with DM1 two months ago.At Christmas I separated from my partner after moving with him to another city and having left my job.The fact is that I was very misplaced and spent a horrible Christmas, and from there I started to be very thirsty all the time, my eyes hurt, I had leg cramps every night, so I got out of bed, stretched out, I went to the kitchen and drank a lot and incidentally went to the bathroom ... total that between one thing and another at night nothing rested.I lost ten kilos in two months and entered the hospital with 660 and the emergency doctor, who was coincidentally diabetic, received me with a: "Welcome to the club, you are diabetic" and I started crying like crazy.

In the hospital they treated me and informed me very well and I have been too two months without eating my head.I have done what the endocrine tell me without obsessing, I take care of my diet but without weighing things in excess (I look at the HC in the packages and the rest I calculate it by eye and more or less success), I try to do some exercise and keep smokingBut I have already signed up for a group of the SS to leave it.

The fact is that now that I am living more in the long term with all this, all the initial optimism is a bit down.It is also combined with a moment of my life in which I live between two cities and work in another with which I am up and down all day and although I try to relax a bit stressed ...

I realize that when I am calm, I systematize my daily routines, my schedules, my meals, etc ... everything goes like silk.I calculate the rapid dose well -apidra- (Slow put me 22 of Lantus and then they raised it to 24), I get very well to meals and even if I do anything out of the routine, I interpret it quickly and correct eating something eating somethingFruit or a Galleilla, etc.

On the other hand, as soon as I am more stressed at work or I do not keep the schedules well, or I am emotionally affected, everything gets out of control and they give me one, two or three descents on the same day.It really is what worries me the most ... how I somatizo things in life.Years ago, at another similar moment he gave me acute pancreatitis, and after this I want to correct things, because it is clear that my poor pancreas does not give so many emotions.

At first I did not want to read anything on the Internet, but in recent days I have started calling the people I know who has diabetes, which is not much, and Vichear on the Internet and I have found this forum.I am very good to see that I am not the only one who has moments of downturn, that the experience and the years help a lot ...

Anyway, I present myself and that I suppose I will start appearing here, because reads is helping me a lot.There are many questions and doubts that arise if you want to take good care ...

Thank you very much for being here.

JUAREZ

juarez's profile photo
juarez
05/12/2011 2:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to Matrix: Mrgreen:

Yes, when everything comes from ass, glycems were not going to be less ... Life Law.

Stop for the rest of the forum sections and ask what you want.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/12/2011 4:37 p.m.

Hi Juarez.Welcome to the forum.

I think you have been lucky enough to find a forum where you are going to feel identified and helped, not only encouragement, which is a huge importance, but TB in your doubts regarding this recent debut of the Q speak.

I am very recent in this forum, practically what goes for a month, and I can assure you that I think that in these few days in the forum, I am learning what in lots of years of diabetics I have not done.

Of course, stress is not a good companion for diabetes, because it shoots it.It is easy to advise that you have to relax, but not so much to put it into practice;But of course, it must be an objective for which to fight and that little by little you will be achieved.

Similar moments of "downturn" of not knowing how to continue, to be difficult to get the abrupt turn that has given your life, to feel different from the rest of those around you, I can assure you that we all read and writeOver here, we have passed and suffered, but, it leaves !!And you are the one who was, or the better I would say: growing, compromising, knowing how to value quantity of situations and attitudes that we had never repaired.

Cheer up!!Surely you will be one more of the brave "l@s of this group !!!

A hug.

Via's profile photo
Via
05/12/2011 7:08 p.m.

Thank you very much for the spirits,

The truth is that this week I am better, with too many hypoglycemia that I can't control (I think they have to lower my basal) but much better mood ;-)
Yes, I will take some more walks through the forum, you learn a lot from you.

Thank you very much, really!

juarez's profile photo
juarez
05/16/2011 1:21 p.m.

Welcome Juarez !!!!
I am surprised that you put the basal: shock: ... can't you do?change in guidelines when you need it?In this, as you know there are many situations in which you have different insulin requirements and for my taste the patient is the one who must make these changes ....
In any case, what has been said, stop by the threads, ask what Necsites will surely find an answer.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/18/2011 4:52 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

What time do you have the hypos?What time do you put the Lantus?
Let's see if we can help you.
Kisses and encouragement: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2011 12:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.