Diabetes, Maltodextrin and Dextrose

ferchuviera's profile photo   05/12/2011 2:28 p.m.

Good morning, or good afternoon depending on where it is, I want to present myself, I am Fernando I am 21 years old and I am an insulin dependent diabetic.Currently, as before suffering this department, I practice high performance swimming in Uruguay.

Ultimately, my coach and some of my colleagues proposed to take a drink with maltodextrina or dextrose, since sometimes I feel with little energy and the demands are high, but I do not know their effects well in my body and if these are suitable for my consumption.

In addition to seeking my performance, I am interested in all the topic of sport and diabetes, since I am a student of physical education and I would like to base my thesis on this, as affects the practice of sport, energetic drinks and more to life and controlof a diabetic person.

Well, I would be very grateful if someone can answer my first question, and even more if someone wanted to share a testimony with me too: D

Thank you very much and greetings from Uruguay

ferchuviera's profile photo
ferchuviera
05/12/2011 2:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well man, both 2 are carbohydrates ... derivatives or precursors (I no longer remember exactly) of glucose ... so they will raise glycemia.

If you decide to keep them in mind/1762/61/00610065_LR.pdf¸

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/12/2011 5:01 p.m.

Thank you very much for the link with the PDF, I will read it carefully ...

ferchuviera's profile photo
ferchuviera
05/13/2011 12:18 a.m.

Hello,

As Owash tells you, both dextrose and maltodextrinas are carbohydrates, in addition both have a high glycemic index.Dextrose is a molecule very similar to glucose, in fact it is the same but with a different spatial configuration, the maltodextrinas are derived from starch and are composed of several glucose molecules (upglucose or dextrose but also cause blood glucose elevation.
They are not prohibited foods as is not sugar but we must control its consumption and the effect they produce in you to use them.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
05/13/2011 2:03 p.m.

Hello.- It seems to me that there is a great coincidence between the use of sweeteners and the increase in diabetes incidentBy sweeteners.- In the same way, I think the greatest incidence of diabetes seems to me with the appearance of Diet and Sugar Free drinks.- There is some scientific study that has valued these situations ????

ARCANGELEO's profile photo
ARCANGELEO
01/15/2016 3:31 p.m.

Hello!!
You must look for natural foods that give you energy, consult the vitamins that you can consume according to your age and focus on reviewing your eating habits and changing them if necessary.If you make it judicious this disease can eradicate it of your life.Investigate more about this.

It is really difficult to accept for many people, but this disease comes alive just at the time of the diagnosis, so what I recommend is to focus on solutions for this, to look what habits in food should change, which should increase and not allow it toAll energy focuses on the problem because it is scientifically proven that when patients focus on the disease, it grows and develops more.
All the best!

mariaCD's profile photo
mariaCD
03/08/2018 4:44 p.m.

arcangeo said:
hello.- It seems to me that there is a great coincidence between the use of sweeteners and the increase in diabetes incidents.- I am from 69-year-old Mexico and this situation perceives it sinceIn 1972, the country's refreshots changed sugar to sweeteners in their products.- In the same way, I think the greatest incidence of diabetes seems to me with the appearance of diet and sugar free drinks.- There is some scientific study that has valued these situations???

No, there is no relationship between the use of sweeteners and the increase in diabetes.In readline the abuse of sugar is what produces diseases

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
03/08/2018 5:14 p.m.

I want to leave my testimony, I am currently 59 years old.
5 years ago I had trouble controlling my blood glucose, which was always over 140 and my weight was 123 kg.
I followed the indications and diets recommended by my doctors but everything was getting worse, glycemia, pressure, etc.
For a pyelonephritis I was hospitalized for almost a month and there, hospitalized consuming only the foods they gave me in the hospital I had the glycemia shot so they began to inject me insulin before each meal, imagine my mood, but a doctor appeared (AI tell him that it is my angel) and I talk about the ketogenic or ketogenic diet.I had to promise him that he would never disseminate his name because he told me he could lose his job.I looked for information, a lot of information and decided to follow this ketogenic diet, the result is that 5 years later weight 84 kgs, of such a 56/80 and I am not taking any medication, just a multivitamin, a magnesium supplement, an omega 3 up and enough water supplement.I do not use any sweeteners because there are several of them that do not provide calories but the organism assimilates them as sugar in the same way.I hope my story can help someone, a hug for everyone

Carlosalbertus's profile photo
Carlosalbertus
08/14/2019 4:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.