Question about the pills

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/12/2013 4:10 p.m.

Hello, as many do you know the doctor has prescribed pills the names are .....

Metformin and simvastatin

The doctor told me that the doses would do them at meals, but I don't remember either my wife to say if before or after meals, you know if they are taken before, then, between, or no matter.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/12/2013 4:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ahhh, yesterday as I comment there were 1 times that I noticed as a small dizziness, today I have to say that Na de Na, there has been a time when I have not noticed dizziness but as if Jajaja float but it has been just 30 secondsscarce or less, as well as wonderful.

DiabetesForo
04/12/2013 4:13 p.m.

Sorry, is that as the post is not edited because I do not see where to do it I open another post about the question.

When I mean before breakfast/food I mean, I get out of bed I drink the pill and drink coffee with milk directly, or you have to wait for the pill to take effect and then drink coffee with milk, orAt half a glass of coffee with milk I can take the pill, or I just had the coffee with milk and I take the pill or I wait (last to wait for me as it does not fit me since I would climb the sugar through the milk,I think, well I leave it as option, since I am fish)

DiabetesForo
04/12/2013 4:19 p.m.

Read the prospect to see what advises you

In theory, metformin better after eating so that the first foods that reach the stomach "prepare" the arrival of metformin and do not have digestive problems.
But if you don't have discomfort you could take it before without problems
Metformin will not influence milk sugar because it has no hypoglycemic properties, what it does is reduce the liver production of glucose, delays the absorption of intestine glucose and increase the sensitivity of insulin (muscles increase inputglucose+insulin)

Simvastatin, for cholesterol, is always taken at night and does not matter if before or later.
I always take it before dinner and nothing happens to me
If you have gastric discomfort, take the tablet after dinner.

The glyclazide they have given you for the noon, I would take it right after eating, to avoid hypoglycemia without the food lengthened over time.

DiabetesForo
04/13/2013 5:14 a.m.

Read the prospect to see what advises you

In theory, metformin better after eating so that the first foods that reach the stomach "prepare" the arrival of metformin and do not have digestive problems.
But if you don't have discomfort you could take it before without problems
Metformin will not influence milk sugar because it has no hypoglycemic properties, what it does is reduce the liver production of glucose, delays the absorption of intestine glucose and increase the sensitivity of insulin (muscles increase inputglucose+insulin)

Simvastatin, for cholesterol, is always taken at night and does not matter if before or later.
I always take it before dinner and nothing happens to me
If you have gastric discomfort, take the tablet after dinner.

The glyclazide they have given you for the noon, I would take it right after eating, to avoid hypoglycemia without food is lengthened in time.

Thank you very much Owash, I am very grateful.;)

DiabetesForo
04/13/2013 5:27 a.m.

Hello, I am new in the forum and I am looking for information since I recently have cholesterol.I have gone to the doctor and I am a little worried, can anyone tell me something about the BV Protector Al-Protector?Thanks for answering.all the best.

DiabetesForo
08/17/2016 11:42 a.m.

I do not know them, but I have heard very well about some that are called Colestia, based on red rice yeast. And they say they work.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/18/2016 12:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello @man12, as @regina says I am with the colestia and for the moment I am wonderful.I am out and I can not give you the data exactly, but the total cholesterol was lowered by about 40 points and the bad one got it from about 125 to 75.
To me, for now it works for me (I didn't go down with anything, and that I do enough sport)

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/19/2016 12:07 a.m.

nacho said:
hi @man12, as @regina I am with the colestia and for the moment I am wonderful.I am out and I can not give you the data exactly, but the total cholesterol was lowered by about 40 points and the bad one got it from about 125 to 75.
To me, for now it works for me (I did not go down with anything, and that I do enough sport)

And with sugar?Have you noticed that the colestia would alter you?

Jota's profile photo
Jota
08/20/2016 2:13 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

It is a pill with barely hydrates, but asks the doctor his opinion

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/20/2016 2:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Sorry @Jota, nothing at all.I take it before I go to bed and according to Dexcom does not make me any peak

All the best

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/22/2016 4:39 p.m.

man12 said:
Hello, I am new in the forum and I am looking for information since I recently have cholesterol.I have gone to the doctor and I am a little worried, can anyone tell me something about the BV Protector Al-Protector?Thanks for answering.Greetings.

I took them for a while and the results very good, of course accompanied by diet and exercises, try them

julia00's profile photo
julia00
09/03/2016 7:27 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.