Indignant.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/17/2013 6:19 p.m.

Hello everyone, the truth is that today I am vasting pissed off, poorly humid, or discontent, the truth is that I don't know how to call it.

Today I have been in the doctor, since they are doing several tests, and I threw myself all afternoon from 4:15 p.m. at 7:30 p.m.
There have been so many hours in the outpatient, because they took one thing for another and if they did not have to go several days in a row.
The Planig was as follows, an electro, talking to the nurse and then with the doctor.
As you know, I was without stepping on an ambulatory one has been at least more than 10 years, until the other day, well, the perfect electro, a major Mrs., very affectionate, friendly, friendly and the best of all of all fun, I have left super satisfied, then with the intercourse is a nice girl, I am not going to say that no, young, the case that asks me how I carry these days, I tell him that well, he asks me if I have had reaction to the medication (metformin and glyclazide) I tell him thatThe first day some light dizziness in the morning that I even tone that stoping 2 times since I was on a motorcycle (I work with her) to this puts a strange face, but he does not tell me anything else about it, he only tells me that that is because ofThat I have had a low glucose, not at low levels, but having such high glucose 268 with nothing that lowers me, because the body reacts as if it recognized that it is low.(This has convinced me, even someone pointed it to me in the post of my presentation).
The case that tells me that I do not give me to control the diabetes, bone, glucometer, reactive strips, and launches, the reason that makes me that on the one hand I do not need it for the moment and for another that glucomentros have many, but the reactivesNo, and since it will not give me a decrease because the medication I take is not very strong I do not need it.
The doctor's textual words is that above all metformin is very strong, and that it was taking in small doses starting for 4 days with 1/2 tablet in the morning, at 4 days 1/2 in the morning and 1/1/2 At noon, at 4 days 1 in the morning and 1/2 a half day, and the next 4 and for the rest 1 in the morning and 1 a half day, he told me that as they were so strong it was the way was the waythat my body will get used to them.
I have stayed with a face of Jili ... as well, without knowing what to say, or answer, or make, he has gathered me for June 20 to look at me, I don't know that of my feet, something concerning glucose.
The next the doctor, in this case the doctor I have assigned was not and have melted to another doctor, in this case Doctor, to teach him the electro, tells me that everything is fine, that my heart is healthy, he tells me that he seesThat I am diabetic, and he asks me that how much I give glucose, I tell him that today with the nurse I have given 216 according to her machine, and he asks me for mine and I tell him that I do not have, he has stayed with a strange face, butHe has not told me anything, I have told him that he debuts with 462, but that the nurse has not given me a machine, nor strips or na de na, he has listed logically.

Now my question goes, you think the nurse is right in not giving me a glucometer to control my glucose, I am a very peaceful person, and if it really is not necessary, I honestly do not want it, I think there are people more needy, butIf, on the contrary, you think that it is necessary to get to me, I am going to anger my

Look if I am angry, that I just told my wife, that in the event that I am totally necessary, I am aboutA lawyer and make a firm complaint.

If you think that I need the glucometer I need you to tell me why, and give me ideas, since I don't care if the doctor or nurse jumps, because as much as they tell me if they have notI had "piety" with me I will not have it with them either.

And I pass the cuts through the lining.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/17/2013 6:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sorry, I'm sorry, the truth is that I am not so aggressive, but I am very pissed off, I have been pissed off from 7:30 p.m.I just got home a while ago and just entering the house I have explained to my wife my indignation and I have told her that it bothers me as little as possible, that she would have dinner at the moment I want to be calm, I tell you this toYou see how I am.
Damn the time I did not pay attention when you advised me to go to the hospital directly.

DiabetesForo
04/17/2013 6:24 p.m.

Maikel, I understand your outrage and, in my opinion, you have all the reason to be.

However, I fear that the health policy is that type 2 are not given glucometer or strips.

It seems nonsense, but I'm afraid it will cost you.Try, through some association, to help you if they have any similar cases, to raise a joint complaint.But unless you give with a favorable doctor, it will be difficult.

Health

DiabetesForo
04/17/2013 6:32 p.m.

Maikel, I understand your outrage and, in my opinion, you have all the reason to be.

However, I fear that the health policy is that type 2 are not given glucometer or strips.

It seems nonsense, but I'm afraid it will cost you.Try, through some association, to help you if they have any similar cases, to raise a joint complaint.But unless you give with a favorable doctor, it will be difficult.

Health

Thank you very much Alea;)

DiabetesForo
04/17/2013 6:43 p.m.

Maikel, I would calm down a little if the values ​​are already in 200. Meanwhile, I think the important thing is that they diagnose you as type 1 or type 2, although there are intermediate diabetes and you have to look at its evolution.If they have given you in June, I imagine that they will make you an analytical to see glucosylated hemoglobin.If it is below 6 or 6.5 I think you can remain calm with that treatment but, if those values ​​go up, I would ask the doctor to change the treatment.
Do not kill you hungry with pills just for not going to insulin ....The important thing is that glucosylated hemoglobin is in good values.

While everything clarifies, I would make an empty analytical in the pharmacy, at least once a week, or I would buy a box of strips ...
And I would continue to insist the doctor to give me the glucometer and the strips, even if they would diagnose me as type 2

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/17/2013 7:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you for your regina answer, thanks to a partner, I got a box of 50U reactive strips, and some more I think I can get me, but I don't like to ask for favors.

This morning I have given 255 and yesterday morning 221, that I gave this afternoon 216, I imagine why, and since I have arrived late for home for hurrying today, to leave me free afternoon, I have left with the time inThe ass, and I have gone like the one who says running to the ambulatory, I don't know if that, I would have affected for that result, but I think yes.

DiabetesForo
04/17/2013 7:28 p.m.

Well, see the dose of pills as the doctor has told you and stay quiet, that if it were type 1 you would not have stabilized without insulin.
I think they are attending you well with the follow -up they are doing to you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/17/2013 7:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

He thinks that healing is without a hard one, when I went to the biggest cap in Barcelona, ​​they had no toner to print and they had asked for a close institute, because they had no money to buy anything.As they are going to give strips if they also cost about 30 euros in Catalonia.

What fucks is that they put excuses that you do not need, it is true that type 2 do not need to look so much because you do not have to adjust the dose of insulin continuously, but until recently the type 2 if they gave them, in any familyType2 I spent some box from time to time because I am type 1, they never get to me.How will a type1 be controlled with 3 or 4 strips a day, which is established that they can give you?

And I have claimed, I have angry, I even have friends in social security and for the moment I have not achieved anything.Just spend a fortune on strips because if not, it happened fatally and I get the sugar.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/17/2013 8:34 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, what seems to me a nonsense is that just debuted and with a new medication do not give you strips and glucometer, how are you going to know if the medication is doing effect ????How are you going to know if you have to increase or decrease the dose of medication?or the intake of carbohydrates?Anyway ...... a nonsense.I do not say that you have to make a complete profile but at least measure yourself on an empty stomach and after one of the meals, rotating ..... it would be the most logical at the beginning.
Do you know for sure if you are really type 2?or do you imagine?:-/, because you would not be the first erroneously diagnosed and Juan Luis could tell you ... in short .....

DiabetesForo
04/18/2013 4:36 a.m.

I don't understand how they don't give you a glucometer for the first days.Contact some laboratory like Roche, Bayer ... Let's see if they give you a propaganda.They send them to me without asking them.

DiabetesForo
04/18/2013 5:04 a.m.

It seems incredible to me, because in Madrid they do.Insisting a little, okay, but they give them to type 2 diabetics. I have had my sister for a year and a half, and more people who have told me.
I think it is indispensable because at first we are very lost, and we must see if the medication is going well, if stabilized, if the diet you do is fine ... It is not normal to leave the good of God two months, I believe.
The bad thing is that this goes for communities and I only know the legislation of Madrid.

evadg's profile photo
evadg
04/18/2013 7:16 a.m.

Ideally, a diabetological education program for all the newly diagnosed ones should be demanded
Within that program and as a key element is self -analysis.

To learn to control diabetes, the glucometer is essential ... Any health professional with a minimum of interest in your work should know this.

After the learning phase, a person with type 2 diabetes and non -hypoglycemic treatment should not do controls, because their blood glucose will not vary excessively, nor does it have to calculate doses of drugs daily or prevent hypoglycemia.
It makes much more sense and more useful to make a glycosylated hemoglobin every 3 months, gives more information and more complete than loose basal glycemia.

As this situation is imaginary and does not occur in almost any case in type 2 patients, because there is no other choice but to do each one on their own.

Probably, the nurse cannot do anything else, her orders will be not to give reactive strips to patients type 2.
And it is something that the endocrine subscribes it: Link ... 202012.pdf

DiabetesForo
04/18/2013 12:15 p.m.

I still believe that you need to see you an endocrine, I do not see so clear that you are type 2 diabetic. I am with my mobile and I do not wantFor diabetes and I have come directly to put a claim but my mother has asked me not to do it ... tomorrow I will think about it.Well to the grain, they have no damn idea of ​​anything, they do not know howI had to stop 2 times with the motorcycle ..?It is that milk, save on strips and if you then have an accident. How much would it be for the SS?I don't say for you anymore ... I say the emergency so to be referred to an endocrine and they assure you that you are type 2. There was someone in the forum that were dizzy 2 years with which it was type 2 for age... and in the end I end up as type 1.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/18/2013 1:22 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I also think that the best thing is that you take the analysis you have and go to a hospital.I would go to the neighborhood in which you live.Ask for the Metabolic Diseases Dia Hospital and teach your tests and say that you think you have been down with the new treatment.Ask the doctor if with what he sees in the analyzes he knows how to confirm if you are type 1 or 2.
If this does not work for you, or give you an appointment for a month, do not get angry.You still have another option: the ADC (Associació de Diabètics de Catalunya).They are in Balmes 47, Entee 2nd.They open from Monday to Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.There you can ask for time with a particular endocrine that will help you.They also sell glucometers, strips, lancets and everything that a diabetic may need.

Luck!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
04/18/2013 8:33 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

I tell you my experience in the Valencian Community that, for what I read, I don't know if it will be special.On the same day of the diagnosis, the nursing chief gave me two, yes, two, glucometers, several boxes of strips, two boxes of needles for the insulin bolis and 2 other boxes of lancetas.My doctor, who did not know, prescribed such a number of strips that I have left over so that I have recipes that I don't even bother to collect because I have several unused boxes at home.When commenting to the pharmacist, I tell me that I do not use them even if I do not use them because if they did not cut them, but why have 7 boxes at home and continue accumulating?Now, from every three recipes only one, although I believe that from May or June they begin to distribute them in health centers and I no longer know how the cast or periodicity will be.
I do not know if my case will be isolated, but as you will see I have not put any problem to date.
In addition, the same day they made me analytical, weighing, tension, electro, even his feet reviewed me.
My glycosada was 11.4 and right now 5.2 and are still not trimmed.
Demand your strips and the meter.Submit your claim.I also tell you that the doctors usually give the meters meters, talk to yours to see if it has any leftover, which surely has something at hand.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/19/2013 1:28 a.m.

It happened to me like you, they did not give me anything, as it seems to type 2 it does not belong to us since we do not depend on insulin and we have drops, having controlled hemoglobin is suicide, now it is true that when I was diagnosed with me that qudeSo lost, they made me go to the nurse once a week and at different times of the day to do evidence at different times to see how I reacted if the sugar went down with the diet and the metformin, and they weighed and took the tension and gave me aTalk to see how I was encouraged as I was accepting my new situation so until I was strong of encouragement and the values ​​went down to normal.I also gave me the same as you, at first I was dizzy and I thought I was giving me a descent ... and then I had it high ... as the nurse told me is that the body gets used to being in some in someHigh values ​​at the moment that the casualties even if the normal values ​​are your body feels bad because it is not accustomed ... then adapts to the new situation ..

It's my experience I hope I have helped you
greetings

marigu's profile photo
marigu
04/22/2013 10:58 a.m.

Thank you, then I see that it is normal that they do not give the reactive strips, because honestly, I think it is a whore, since I would like to be controlled, and thank God I am since the reactive strips are taking them out by another site, I have been facilitated by a box of 50 for the moment and today they will surely bring me a box with 30 more, thank God to this partner who enroll.
The truth is that after reading this I am calmer since I am not the only one, I thought it would be.
I have started with the full pills in 2 shots, 1 in the morning and another at night, and the truth that has greatly improved sugar.
The Saturday was with the motorcycle partners in Andorra to spend the whole day, we left at 07:00 hours and we arrived home at 9:00 p.m.151, I told my wife ... Tomorrow I am leaving again that the motorcycle helps to lower the glycemia jajajja.
Yesterday a little paella, not more or less 1/2 plate at 3:00 in the afternoon, and at 8 it gives me to measure myself and I was 255 the joy, then at night after 2 hoursFrom dinner, a complete salad, I measure me again before I went to sleep and 162.
But what caught my attention was this morning, if last night 2 hours after dinner I do 162, and I no longer eat or drink anything but water, how can it be that in the morning of 189 ????It is assumed that if not as anything, it does not have to get me up, or being sleeping also goes up not yet having ingested anything ???

DiabetesForo
04/22/2013 2:03 p.m.

Hi @maikel_32

As you have been diagnosed as Type 2, it sentences 1 month and a half, it is true that in the SS to type 2 with treatment of low -risk oral antidiabetics However, when we have the Glusmia in unstable values ​​ they should facilitate the possibility of controlling until you stabilize in normal values.
In my case they have provided me with a glucometer and strips to do 3 daily controls (before breakfast, before eating and before dinner) until it stabilized.
However, I recommend that you call a glucometers distributor such as Diabetes Care Spain, Abbott, Acu Chek and ask for a glucometer and then buy you or get some box of strips so you can control when you are in normal values ​​and youRemove the SS if they give it to you.
Remember that self -analysis is the only tool we have at our fingertips to know if treatment and changes in lifestyle are being effective or not.

Greetings.

Free1965's profile photo
Free1965
02/23/2016 5:07 p.m.

Dear outraged, why do you get so very of the others ???????The problem is in us and against more unworthy, the higher you will have the sugar !!!Control your reactions and learn to live with Diabètes because it is a very, very treacherous disease !!I tell you this because I am type 1 with insulin and I have passed more than 20anos without glucometer and now I have beenControl your daily living!Do not forget that neither doctors nor medications nor a hygiene of life do miracles but if all three together !!!!!!Alle, encourage and Valentia that being diabetic is for the vaientes !!!And you are one of them !!!Tell us how are you going and keep talking, sweet greetings Deani

ani's profile photo
ani
02/23/2016 6:01 p.m.

maikel_32 said:
sorry, I'm sorryanger or indignation that I carry, but it has been useless, I just got home a while ago and just entering the house I have explained to my wife my indignation and I have told him that I am mostly bound as possible, that he would have dinnerShe that I want to be calm for now, I tell you this to see how I am.
Damn the time I did not pay attention when you advised me to go to the hospital directly.

Maikel The doctor usually have glucometers machines in the queries left by the laboratories, they are free, because where they earn money they are with the strips that if you have to pay good they enter for social security, I believe that if you are diabetic of the type that is alreadyLet 1 or 2, it is good to bring control and any diabetic must be done with the cited machine.
If the doctor does not normally facilitate it in the diabetes departments of hospitals and health centers, so to look at it but with the treatment of the medication they are regulating it well, but one thing does not take away the other.
There are doctors of outpatients who do not know much about history and that is why I do not facilitate it and that is why the other stayed with paintings

Good luck

DiabetesForo
02/23/2016 6:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.