How to explain to children diabetes?

Mijime's profile photo   06/01/2011 1:16 p.m.

How to explain to my 6 -year -old daughter that diabetes is not cured to live with her all her life?Please your comments, how to deal with this issue with such a small girl.

Mijime's profile photo
Mijime
06/01/2011 1:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum !!!
My daughter debuted with 5 years, and I assure you that it is best to tell things as they are.Without false spectative.I assure you that they assume everything much better ... it is possible that it is difficult to prick at the beginning, before what you have to stay inflexible, there is no other ... here many moms have played with their children to click their dolls,Or they have given them some small reward after injected .... Over time this part will also assume as something natural ... encouragement !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/03/2011 3:55 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I debuted with 6 years, and my mother (the best in the world) explained it clearly and without giving him more importance than what he had.
He taught me to click with an orange of the greats, I remember perfectly: P
Children overcome obstacles more easily than adults and especially when they have someone who helps them by their side.
I never listened to a "poor, so small and diabetic", and if someone said it, my mother is already in charge of saying "that nothing". "
As things are now, it coexists with diabetes much better than with any other situation.
All the best.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
06/03/2011 7 a.m.

A tool that I like:

Obviously with that it does not end everything, but education needs tools, in addition to constancy and coherence.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/04/2011 5:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.