My 15 -month -old son has just debuted ...

MAMME's profile photo   04/18/2013 7:09 a.m.

Hello!I am Mammen, I am 33 years old and two children.One of 5 years and another of 15 months.
On March 19, my little son, Adrián debut .. Without having a history in the family, as we know clearly ... the issue has taken us from Sopeton and first of all ignorance ...

Adrián had been drinking a lot of water for two weeks and losing weight, at first everyone took importance to me but I didn't see it normal, I started to curose online and most of the things I found was related to Diabetics and I am scared ...

Coji quotes with his pediatrician, and he tells him, he told me that how much would I have lost, I told him that two kilos or so, he told me that if he started walking it is normal that he loses weight and the water was not obsessing either, what would he do itLikewise, an urine analytics, we made it but it took a week to arrive results.That same afternoon when I got home from work, noticTest D The glycemia that I didn't know how that was going ... 595 came out ...

No idea of ​​what does that mean, if a lot .... But the doctor's face told me everything, I ask what was happening ???And he told me, his son is diabetic ... And it comes badly ... with severe ketoacidosis ... at that moment the world came on me, Adrián, being so small I couldn't tell me how he was but his face told me...

We have been 12 days in the hospital, we are already at home.With insulin injections before each meal ...

I hope to get all this ... and have your experiences.

All the best

MAMME's profile photo
MAMME
04/18/2013 7:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Mamen, although I don't like having to welcome you;), I see that you have gone through the parent section, there you will find parents with a lot of experience that will help you a lot.
A kiss for Adrian

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/18/2013 7:25 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

I hope we can all help you
A kiss for Adrian and his brother

DiabetesForo
04/18/2013 12:06 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, in my case, the debut was at 25, so the experience you explain has put me chicken skin.

I recommend that you go through Coexivir-with-Diabetes-Padres-Paras-Amigos-Diabetes-Tipo-F20/ There you will find other parents who can advise you.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/18/2013 1:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Na, calmly, logically for telling you in some way diabetes is a disease, but you don't worry, it is a child, and learn to bring their illness very well, if you will not see in the parents section the cases there are, you just have toBe patient, he will get used to everything you do, and never stop telling him what happens to him.

I hope this forum will help you just as it has been to me, and you will see how the Leon is not as fierce as they paint it.

All the best.

DiabetesForo
04/18/2013 4:26 p.m.

Hello Momme, the same thing happened to me too a year ago my son was 17 months.6.8 Hears it very well and eats everything. Being such young children is sometimes difficult because they want things that the same at that time cannot take but well you have to try to take it as well as possible because for me the most important thing is that mySon is good and that as far as possible I do the same as the other children.

SILVIA's profile photo
SILVIA
04/18/2013 5:11 p.m.

Thank you very much for your reception ...
I hope this weekend to be able to enter the forum more and soak up all the information there is, which is a lot ... the experience of others is better than any doctor ..
I do not know what level of hemoglobin he has ... At the moment the pediatrician continues to see in his consultation every Friday and he changes doses of insulin .. I suppose there will be what level and then continue with other things, I do not know....
That level that means ???I think I remember that I enter with 11 ... but I'm not sure I would have to look at him in the medical report ...
And the honeymoon phase, when does it enter ??
Aiii q of doubts for God ...

MAMME's profile photo
MAMME
04/19/2013 3:42 a.m.

Thank you very much for your reception ....
I hope this weekend to be able to enter the forum more and soak up all the information there is, which is a lot ... the experience of others is better than any doctor ..
I do not know what level of hemoglobin he has ... At the moment the pediatrician continues to see in his consultation every Friday and he changes doses of insulin .. I suppose there will be what level and then continue with other things, I do not know....
That level that means ???I think I remember that I enter with 11 ... but I'm not sure I would have to look at him in the medical report ...
And the honeymoon phase, when does it enter ??
Aiii Q of doubts for God ...

Mamme is normal for you to have doubts, and more when it is a son of which it is, but you will see how shortly those doubts will disappear and you will take an authentic proflsional, and more with what you learn here.

DiabetesForo
04/19/2013 6:22 p.m.

Hi Momme,

Welcome and a lot of whole for the first moments that the most difficult.In a short time you will make an expert in diabetes and your baby will pursue their glycemia.

I don't think your baby will have a honeymoon because it is very small and will hardly have its own insulin reserve.Don't worry about it, not everyone happens.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
04/20/2013 3:36 a.m.

Welcome to the forum,

The honeymoon is the first phase of diabetes and the smaller last time.I debuted with three years and my mother told me not to pass the honeymoon.Nor do you get bad for this, because although it is a phase in which less insulin is needed, many times the lack of control is greater.

Your child is very tiny, and you are sure to ask yourself a thousand questions.I have my mother's memory, having a really bad time when I debuted and that was two more years.Everything is normalized, and from your own experience, you can make a totally normal life :)

tica's profile photo
tica
04/20/2013 11:12 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Mammen! When they are so small and with diabetes, it is normal to scare, I hope that now that some time you take it better, I encourage !!!

And if you have doubts and we can help you, you know!:)]

flanders's profile photo
flanders
07/15/2013 6:39 a.m.

I encourage mammen, I debut with 3 years and for the child the worst is the moment of injections when you already realize, but if you have this good, it is going to get used to quickly being so small.I know people who have debuted as adults and have a very bad time to do to their new situation that changes them a little the life they already had.
From my point of view the best thing to do with a small child to which diabetes are diagnosed is to educate it since you have use of reason and learn as soon as possible to distinguish your sensations.
As for the parents, form and take it with patience that then everything is normalized.
Encouragement and strength !!

ajd's profile photo
ajd
07/16/2013 6:47 a.m.

Hi Mammen, especially value.
I can tell you that the godmother of my eldest daughter is diabetic since the age of 8 is 40 years old and is the person who gives me the most when I see her, for her her life is totally normal and there is even some tastes that I cannot (I am I amType 2), seeing it I realize that you can, you really can,
He is also a happy and beautiful person as a person, for those who debut older I realize that things are not so easy.
I encourage, your child will be fine and the rest of the family too,
greetings

josealzugaray's profile photo
josealzugaray
08/27/2013 9:59 a.m.

I encourage you are afraid of diabetes, just respect.

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
08/27/2013 3:35 p.m.

Hello !!! I have 2 months of 18 months and 6 years. The baby of six debut in March. And the truth scheme if life turns you and at the beginning a chaos but you are doing to the schedules and insulin foods and the little ones and the little onesalso encourage: x

nahara28's profile photo
nahara28
10/16/2013 11:13 a.m.

Hello!I am a mother of a diabetic child, now he is 3 years old, fulfilled just yesterday.
But he debuted with 11 months.
Many encouragement !!!For what you need :)

olgallg's profile photo
olgallg
10/30/2013 9:20 a.m.

As they say above, you have to have respect, but without fear.That as science progresses this becomes less problematic.

fernandovargal's profile photo
fernandovargal
11/02/2013 3:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.