change the slow at night?

mimbek's profile photo   04/23/2013 7:32 a.m.

I would like you to give me an opinion about a thing that is happening to me.I debuted 5 months ago, when I left the hospital I put 16 of Lantus in the morning, and I had to reduce to the point that I now put 8 units.

The problem is as follows: now I get up a little higher than before (within normal values, yes) between 100 and 110 more or less, and someday 120 ... but among the main meals I have to be eating eachLittle time because otherwise it goes too much.If I am taking a walk, or I am shopping, etc ... I have to eat something every 30 min, something that does not seem normal.I wanted to lose a little weight, but I have to eat "so much" that not only not low but I have taken a little.

So ... if I keep going down the slow one I would raise even more ... so I had thought that the solution could be to change the slow at night, in this way during the day I would be doing less effect.

Within 1 month I have to go to the endocrine, I will comment ... but I wanted to know if it would be fine or a nonsense.

Thank you.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/23/2013 7:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can change it, but the problem may be to give you hypos while sleeping and that you arrive high at dinner ...
I see safer to put Lantus in the morning, but it depends on each person.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/23/2013 11:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You can change it, but the problem may be to give you hypos while sleeping and that you arrive high to dinner ...
I see safer to put Lantus in the morning, but it depends on each person.

I agree with what Regina says.In my case when I started with Lantus, I put it at 23 hours, and I had hypos very frequently.Endo told me that I could change it at 4:00 p.m.

Greetings!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
04/24/2013 5:33 p.m.

thank you so much!!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/26/2013 5:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.