Is what are my son legal?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/26/2013 4:58 a.m.

Hello, I have not written in this forum for a long time, but I need help to see if anyone knows if a school can do with my son.

I explain you, my son is 5 years old and he is 3rd of children, so far we had not had any problem with the school, when a wonderful treatment and attention, there is nurse in school and more diabetic children and everything had been facilities, even theNene has been staying loose days and there has been no problem.The story comes when I have requested that the dining room stay from the course that begins that begins primary and they have told me that the school had taken a new regulation in which the dining room forbidden all diabetic students with insulin pump treatment (That is my son and another child), but not to the diabetics who carry bolis treatment that if I wantedI already control my son during every day and handle the bomb.

I do not understand if they can make this discrimination and I do not know where to go because the Association of Zaragoza the truth that does not contribute much, I do not know if someone has been seen in this situation.

Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/26/2013 4:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

unacceptable.There is no place for discussion.The school must accept your child.Talk to the director.If not, claim to the Education and Health Department of the Autonomous Ministry.I do not know if there is any protocol regarding the treatment of children with special needs in schools, but we in Euskadi and if a school puts our school with a child, we go to the Ministry of Health and Education to let them know the problem.
If not, you always have the possibility (that would do a lot of damage) to complain publicly.Ask the media to spread your case: "Child discriminated by a school" ... "The school does not want to serve a child with diabetes ..." That would make them react.Sometimes, we have to reach those extremes to pay attention to things, which unfortunately should be normal and not generate any problem.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/26/2013 5:07 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

That you, called some TV 5 or Antena 3 program in addition to the SER chain, you will see how in two days the director of the school comes out saying that it is a lie and the child can go perfectly to the dining room.

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
04/26/2013 5:41 a.m.

It is evident that it is illegal, by discriminatory ...

What will have to do with the bomb?: Shock :: o

I am afraid that you will touch you to fight.
First step to meet with school and make them see the illegal situation .... they cannot support anything, because there is no official document that covers such a bullshit.
And make it clear that if they do not reconsider and return to normal you will not stop until you defend all the rights of your child, as far as it is needed.

Then I would go to the Diabetes Association.
I would present the subject and ask them for help ... Any help is welcome and you always have to create precedents.
If they do not support you, they lose it and they will be portrayed ... and if so, the rest we will have what happens in that case.

If the school does not move file, by entry record denounces to the Communication Department.Addressed to the counselor.
It includes a last paragraph: in 10 days the issue must have been resolved, but will cover the media.

If you need help, do not hesitate to ask for it, my email is <!

DiabetesForo
04/26/2013 12:50 p.m.

Of course this situation is intolerable, that a school discriminates in this way.
I share the idea of ​​going to the media if the College or the Concierge of Education finally do not give you a favorable solution, you are also two families affected, you do expose your situation jointly the case would be more diffusion.
We will be aware of how everything develops.
I encourage patrice, good luck!

Greetings to the forum!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
04/26/2013 7:33 p.m.

Where I say conserving, I obviously wanted to say counseling of education ... (there is no option to edit)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
04/26/2013 7:36 p.m.

I would directly ask the school for a letter signed for the reasons why they do not leave it in the diningthat then they cannot make up the information at will, that if they did not tell you this or that, because in the end in a way you will look bad.

DiabetesForo
04/27/2013 6:02 a.m.

First thank you very much for your answers, about what you tell me we have already followed some of the steps.

We met with the school director last Thursday and it was he who gave us the refusal, did not wantHe could explain the situation better than us, than insulin pump treatment towards the child was more unstable and a long list.I lend myself to school to control and put insulin at lunchtime (although there is a nurse as I have told you) and he told me that I was forbidden to enter the dining room to do it, they did not give me any option, it was a negativecutting.

We feel helpless, the Jesús María El Salvador School (Jesuits) a priori one of the best concerted schools in Spain where they promulgate values ​​such as equality and integration does this discrimination against our child for their treatment.

We also lent ourselves to have a new meeting with them in which the doctor of our son was, and they accepted putting us the condition that we were present at the meeting and told us that they were willing to listen to it but that their opinion was not going to change becauseDr. Sabia de Diabetes but not to organize a school.

We will follow the following steps that you ask us, meeting with the APA, talk to the Aragon Diabetes Association, and with the Ministry of Education, to see if we can get something by these means, if we do not get a solution we will reach the end,Press, television whatever is needed.The only thing that scares us is that this can harm Alejandro at school, do you think it can affect something or that they can close more doors?

I will inform you of how everything takes place to see if you can give me more ideas and advice.

Thank you so much

DiabetesForo
04/27/2013 7:22 a.m.

If you do not want to give you anything in writing to the local police or urban guard at the time, that they persone themselves in school, and that they are the witnesses of the refusal to give you the writing and to lift act or leave them constancy of theNegative, it is hard but when it is time to go to the bad is what there is, but it is the way to let us tease.

DiabetesForo
04/27/2013 7:30 a.m.

Hello Patrice, I am getting Malita as I read ... from here I receive all my support.I would do what Owash proposes.Get in touch with him that will surely help you draw the way ... From then to have the press as a trick, you do not know what the press bothers if an intelligent use of it is made.And I also put at your disposal, in case you need support.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/27/2013 8:27 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

When I read your first comments I knew that I was Jesuits.I studied there, I suppose it is Manolo.Send me a private, if you want to try to talk to him or the same I can talk to someone who has influence at school (or who had now I don't know how things are separated from Jesus Maria) send me a private if you want and talk.

When I was at that school I already had diabetes and come on, I had no problem ... (I didn't have a bomb) I don't know if I can somehow lend you a hand.I also know a dining room monitor and I can try to talk to her (I don't know if she still works)

tica's profile photo
tica
04/27/2013 12:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello
I am very sorry for the position of the school and its director but it is inadmissible the discrimination of a child for whatever reason.
I am in favor of taking steps, which you consider necessary.
For example, the first is to go to school and talk to its director and you have already done it.
The second go to the Ministry of Education, denounce the case and demand an urgent solution for it.
If the problem is not resolved, make a public complaint in the media, with names and surnames of those responsible.An interview of a journalist with the director of the College to explain the reasons for the unfair measure would be very good.

Free1965's profile photo
Free1965
02/08/2016 6:17 p.m.

I have eyes like plates!I can't believe what I read, it seems incredible to read these words, how can this happen?
I hope it is solved as soon as possible, much encouragement and strength!

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
02/09/2016 1:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.