New omnipod for regular insulin and type 2 diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/02/2013 1:29 p.m.

Link ... 2013-05-02

Let's see if someone with a better level of English than me (simple thing) confirms my summary:

Omnipod, in collaboration with Lilly, will manufacture and distribute insulin bombs for type 2 patients with high insulin resistance to administer regular insulin Humulin R-500 (which in Spain would become the NPH or 30:70)

Of course, Omnipod does not sell in Spain ... at least for the moment.: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/02/2013 1:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Owash,

This week I have attended a Type I diabetics workshop at the Clinic Hospital in Barcelona and we have been taught a unit of the Omnipod I think (it's like a small white mouse without a catheter, right?).They have told us that it is not yet available for Social Security, but they think that everything will arrive, since in other European countries it is now available.The same have told us about the medium -unit bolis, which we will end up having them.

The public administration is also being convinced that the use of continuous sensors can be more profitable, in some cases, than the strips.For example, in the case of gestational diabetes.

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
06/23/2013 7:27 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

The novelty is that the pump is intended for type2
The omnipod has already been 4 or 5 years and is not yet in Spain.Nor is the tandem t pump available and the feathers of half -unit have been in the market for 9 years ...
It is a pessimistic vision but it is what there is and I doubt that this changes neither in the short or long term

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/24/2013 3:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.