New with youth diabetes, or type 1

flanders's profile photo   05/02/2013 3:27 p.m.

Hello,

I am type 1 diabetic or with youth diabetes, for the 40 years that I have, at least encourage the youth, hehehe, in short, that about 15 ago that debuts with diabetes and lately I correct myself a lot, for example, if in the middle of the afternoon I am I amAlto, I can put 4 or 5 units to correct, and I worry if this is good or bad, does anyone know?

Greetings,

flanders's profile photo
flanders
05/02/2013 3:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome a greeting from Barcelona, ​​and calm that you will see everything you learn here: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/02/2013 4:58 p.m.

You give very few data to give you an opinion but what is bad is to have high blood glucose.
Welcome

DiabetesForo
05/02/2013 5:18 p.m.

I mean that before eating, I put myThis has some side effect, lately it happens to me a lot, at breakfast, food and dinner.

flanders's profile photo
flanders
05/03/2013 10:23 a.m.

<Blockquote Flanders "" = "" Re = ""Case, I correct myself with 4 additional units, and I do not know if this has any side effect, lately it happens to me a lot, at breakfast, food and dinner.
And why don't you increase those units in the puncture before eating?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/03/2013 10:33 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Man ideal is not having those figures after eating but if you have it you must correct.If you have been doing so for this day, you should look at what you eat, if you have changed habits, if you eat more, you exercise less ... there are many variables that can influence.But you must adjust insulin.

DiabetesForo
05/03/2013 12:59 p.m.

The truth is that I am afraid to get a lot of insulin before meals, sometimes my glucose has lowered me just after eating, and the sensation of the stomach full along with a downturn ... It happens fatal, in general I prefer to put myself fairAnd if you need to correct later.That is why I asked if there was any side effect or is known about any problem.

flanders's profile photo
flanders
05/04/2013 11:56 a.m.

The first thing is to congratulate you because correcting hyperglycemia supposes that you are motivated to control diabetes and that is always positive.

The issue is that you cannot/should always be like this.

First because making glycemia peaks is nothing good, although the high peaks (+ 200) are a short time that arteries and veins are possible, over time, they restore those rough ups and down.
The glycemic variability, maintained over time, could cause injuries similar to hyperglycemia.

Taken from:
sustained chronic hyperglycemia produces excessive protein glycation, but also diabetic patients have acute glycemia fluctuations daily (glycemic variability).These situations can activate oxidative stress and contribute to endothelial dysfunction, which can also play a role in the development of diabetic complications.
Although the document speaks of Diabetestipo 2, it is perfectly applicable to type 1.

And second because psychologically it is not easy to endure much with so many punctures, if you do that at breakfast, food and dinner would be 7 insulin punctures ...
I spent a while with that circusing (2 of Levemir+3 main meals+3 corrections) ... if glycosilada is still good you can hold because you see a good result but little by little that things tweet it is increasingly difficult to maintain motivationfor care ...

DiabetesForo
05/04/2013 12:27 p.m.

What costs me most is to stay stable below 200, how do you manage to be stable without any peak above 200?, I really find it very complicated.

flanders's profile photo
flanders
05/09/2013 5:19 a.m.

It is not easy, the first thing is to have as tight as possible, with that you already have a lot of cattle and then adjust the amount of insulin by ration of carbohydrates.And yet having a peak is normal because we do not always succeed with the calculations, there are so many things that influence, if only the food:-/
What treatment do you have?

DiabetesForo
05/09/2013 6:55 a.m.

Good night, what is the objective of this forum?

martina1989's profile photo
martina1989
03/21/2018 2:17 a.m.

The goal is that we can help each other with the control of diabetes

martina1989 said:
good night, what is the objective of this forum?

Sharon123's profile photo
Sharon123
03/21/2018 3:59 a.m.

flanders said:
What it costs me most is to stay stable below 200, how do you be stable without any peak above 200?, really, it seems very complicated.Blockquote>

If your figures after eating are high you must get more insulin.Have continuous hyperglycemia if it has negative consequences, so you must solve it and not put less insulin out of fear.If you put the correct insulin you will not have hypoglycemia after eating, do not worry.You can look for figures below 150 mg/dl 2h after eating, with which related everything will go well.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
03/21/2018 8:40 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hello, what insulin slows you use, how many units and what time do you apply?When it is slow, it happens that when the effect of the rapid is finished, it goes up and upload and you have to correct, x you would have to write down like this you are knowing your body, meals and how you react.For example, my son when pizza eats the fast we put it almost when he finishes eating, because we discover that first the insulin is done that what he ate, at breakfast you have to apply and wait 20 minutes to eat and we avoid the peaks, so that is whyI tell you to write down, why each one reacts differently and also have a discount that not every day we react the same!In this forum you will feel accompanied and you will learn a lot.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
03/21/2018 3:32 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

This thread is 2013 !!!!!!I hope you already corrected it ....:-\ "

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/21/2018 3:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.