Hello, I'm new and some worried ...

Sadie4's profile photo   05/20/2013 8:35 a.m.

Hello everyone.

The first thing is to introduce me.I am from Valencia, I am 38 years old (in June 39), I practice sport, I make healthy life and barely do excess of anything: that's why I'm surprised what I'm going to tell you.

A couple of weeks ago I went to make some blood tests because I noticed a strange tingling in my right hand.It was as if I slept, but he left and then after the time I returned.It was a strange sensation.As a couple of months ago I slept in bad position and hurt my back, it was probably a pinching to sleep in bad position but the doctor told me that it could be lack of some vitamin and that is why it sent me to do a blood test.

The fact is that when I have given the results, 110 blood glucose has come out (and the maximum that marked that analysis was 106).[I make a subsection to say that it is strange that according to where and who performs the blood test, the parameters that mark the maximum of the normal glucose in blood change, because my husband and my mother have been done analysis in different health centersTo mine and in his analysis the maximum of the normality of glucose was 110. That is, that if I had made them in other places I would not have the concern that I have because my results would be within normality ...].

In short, the case is that the doctor saw that I am thin (I am 1.60 and weight between 51-52kg) and said (textual words): "Because you are like that because if you were more chubby, I would tell you that you are diabetic" ...

The fact is that last year I did another analytical and everything perfectly came out, and my eating habits have changed ... except:

- Lately for lunch I took a biofrutas to work and for what I have informed, they contain a lot of sugar ...

- On weekends I had a coffee headdress from Baylais, which also has sugar.

The rest, I do everything like last year:

- Coca-Cola only on weekends, and Tampco swelled me.But that I have been doing a lifetime and everything has always come out.

- 3 tablespoons of sugar coffee at breakfast, and in the coffee I drink (which is not much), but, I repeat, I have done it all my life and always great.

- No pastries, I don't like it.Lately I only took a wet a wet in coffee with milk on Saturday mornings and another on Sundays, that's it.

The doctor wants to repeat the analyzes in 3 months and for now he has taken absolutely all the sugar: I have completely left the sugar (I only have a coffee with milk a day with a saccharin), nothing of biofrutas, and, and,Of course, nothing of Coca-Cola or Magdalenas at least until the analysis repeats in 3 months.

Do you think you could develop diabetes?I repeat that in the analysis of my husband and my mother, 110 is in normal, and that is what I have taken.Why in mine the maximum put 106?

You who have much more experience with these things, I hope you can help me and advise me, since I am a restless tad with this topic.

Maybe it was that I had an excess sad of sugar the day I did the analysis due to the Bio?

Well, I wait for your comments.

Thank you very much and greetings.

Sadie4's profile photo
Sadie4
05/20/2013 8:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello

Welcome to the forum

I'm going to erase the other post that you have put to not duplicate it.

Let's see.
Laboratories have different reference measures because they have different ways of measuring or simply because their devices are adjusted in that way.
So 2 results of different laboratories cannot be compared, or at least there is no absolute certainty that is the same.

The possibilities of your diagnosis are several.
Type 1 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes
gestational diabetes
Lada diabetes

Type 1 diabetes would have to be eating a lot, drinking water, urinating a lot and having gone down a lot.
Gestational diabetes should be pregnant, as you have not commented, we assume that it is not your case
Type 2 diabetes. It would be possible, even without being obese, it is possible to have type 2 diabetes. Family history?Do your father or mother have diabetes?
Lada type diabetes, mix type 2 diabetes with type 1 ... with your age it would be possible.

In any case, what your doctor has done I think is correct.
See you again in 3 months and see your analytics. You will have asked glycosylated hemoglobin, in addition to fasting glucose ...
Seeing that you make a healthy life, you eat varied, you exercise and you are young is the logical thing.

Probably, that glucose to the limit is due to other causes, perhaps some urine infection or some medication that you are taking (for example, anti -inflammatories, corticosteroids ....) ... In no case is it because of the bio you take.

Better not abuse the industrial or sugar bowling ... against more natual comas better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2013 9:08 a.m.

Hi, Owash:

Well, you will see, I am neither pregnant (lizard, lizard, hehehej: d), I am nor taking any medication, nor in my family there is any diabetic.But not far away, come on.Nor am I thirsty, nor have I gone down, or more than normal, nor excessive hunger, let's go as normal.Moreover, in fact, in the analyzes that my doctor sent me, she also sent me urine analysis and everything went well.She commented that indications of a possible diabetes also come in the urine and that nothing had come out, so it probably is not significant.

That's the strange ...

Anyway, what do you recommend to do?I have cut for the healthy with sugar, coca-colas and others.I have not touched her in my life, I don't like it.I prefer the salty.

Sadie4's profile photo
Sadie4
05/20/2013 9:34 a.m.

Nothing, you don't have to do anything, because they have not diagnosed you with anything.
At least for the moment.
And I believe that in 3 months you will be with equal or minor glycemia figures.

Eat the most natural thing you can or want.
You can drink a normal cocacola from time to time, it is better to take it without sugar but by 1 that you take it with sugar, nothing will happen.
The same with cakes or things with sugar, in general.
Because "little ones" 1 time from time to time nothing happens, as long as you maintain good habits: exercise, varied food, good body weight ...

DiabetesForo
05/20/2013 9:46 a.m.

Thank you very much, Owash.The truth is that I was quite "ko" when the doctor named the word, because it was the first time in my life that listened to something of the style in my family, and on topAbout diabetes and told me, textual words, "what you have are mental problems, you are hypochondriac and that is only fixed by a psychologist."

Above how scared I stayed, the doctor comes out with that ...

Anyway, I will listen to your advice, although to take a coca-cola with fear, I prefer to take an added sugar juice than also effresca and it is healthier.I will continue eating salads and things without sugars and we will see in 3 months what they tell me.

Greetings.

Sadie4's profile photo
Sadie4
05/20/2013 9:52 a.m.

Welcome and calm, I think you're fine, you will see how you will be at a normal level.

DiabetesForo
05/21/2013 5:39 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.