For Owash (about new medications)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/23/2013 5:58 p.m.

Owash:
At the time we went to insulin because the pills I took for the diabets aggravated my kidney problems, but today the cardiologist talked to me about new new medications that would have appeared.

Know something about that '

THANKS AND SALU2,

Pedro

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/23/2013 5:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I imagine that your cardiologist would talk about the incretins.

The incredin effect.It was discovered that when we eat orally, more insulin occurs than if glucose injected us through a vein.
But in patients with diabetestipo2 that increase in insulin was much smaller than in healthy people.
That is because the digestive system has "alerts" to insulin producers who shoot when food comes.In the case of type 2, that "alert" is very low and less insulin occurs than is needed.

<!

The marketed drugs are exenatida (Bytta, Bydureon), Liraglutida (Victoza), Sitagliptin (Januvia, Janumet, Janumet XR, Juvisync), Saxagliptin (Onglyza, Kombiglyze XR), and Linagliptin (Trade, Jentadueto)

Exenetida and Sitagliptin are under observation (like almost all medications) by pancreatitis interactions.

Exenetida and Liraglutida are injections ... I think I remember that or 1 time a day or 1 a week, something like that.

The best thing about incredine is that they reduce body weight (in fact they are used in patients without diabetes but with obesity), they barely have hypoglycemia and reduce almost 1% glycosila.
The worst are usually side effects such as nausea, who have almost all patients and take some time to control.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/24/2013 3:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.