Fede: "You can too"

fer's profile photo   05/27/2013 1:37 p.m.

Madrid, May 23 (EFE) .- The Federation of Spanish Diabetics (FEDE) has launched the "You also" campaign, which aims to raise awareness among people with diabetes and their environment that this disease is no impedimentto lead a healthy life and perform all the challenges one proposes.

"Diabetes does not incapacitate anyone," said the president of the Fede, Ángel Cabrera, in the presentation of the campaign they have launched jointly with the BalanceLabs company.

As Cabrera said, contributing to the moral, physical and educational help of the diabetic collective is one of the objectives of the Federation and believe that with this initiative they can demonstrate to diabetic people that it is "very simple" to lead a healthy life "with examples with examplespersonal, with new ideas and if you surround yourself with experts. "

In Spain, five million people suffer from diabetes (14 percent of the population) and from them 40 percent do not know that they have it, said Cabrera, which has also recalled that obesity affects a large part of these patients and that the28 percent of Spaniards suffer overweight.

Lack of time, healthy habits, misinformation and food restrictions lead to many diabetics not to discard exercise practice or neglect their diet.
Therefore, Cabrera has indicated, a series of activities in the campaign that will take place throughout the year in different parts of the Spanish geography have been planned.

Among the planned actions there will be conferences given by Dr. Luis Gutiérrez in which he will speak to the members of the Autonomic Diabetic Associations about the importance he has for a person with diabetes lead a healthy lifestyle.

It will also try to convey on how a balanced diet and sport help keep blood glucose levels controlled.

Along these lines, another of the activities that will be carried out will be healthy cooking workshops in which you will try to provide ideas and cooking advice that facilitate the "day -to -day" food of diabetics and their surroundings.

The campaign also has the collaboration of Beatriz García Berché, a diabetic athlete that, according to Cabrera, "is an example to follow for all" since at the moment he participates in the current edition of "4Deserts", a resistance competitionwhich consists of four races of ultra background and resistance in the 4 most extreme deserts in the world.

"For me diabetes does not imply any obstacle to doing something, much less to do sports, my great passion. They tell me that this test is very hard for a diabetic, but I do the usual: taking care of my diet, being well hydratedand control my glucose and insulin levels, "said Barcelona athlete.

García Berché has already overcome the Atacama Desert (Chile) and next week for China, where he will face a new challenge in the Gobi desert.

"If this challenge serves to inspire other people with diabetes, I would feel very proud," said the athlete, whose experience can be followed on the social network Twitter through the hashtag (label) #retodiabetes.

Read more: Link ... z2uvmzfjur >
Follow us in: |<!

fer's profile photo
fer
05/27/2013 1:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

"Diabetes does not incapacitates anyone", said the president of the Fede, Ángel Cabrera, in the presentation of the campaign they have launched together with the companyBalabs.

Disse to my uncle-book, that his legs were cut.Let's see if you have eggs?

As Cabrera said, contributing to the moral, physical and educational aid of the diabetic collective is one of the objectives of the Federation and believe that with this initiative they can demonstrate to diabetic people that it is "very simple" to lead a healthy life"With personal examples, with new ideas and if you surround yourself with experts."

Never in my 20 years of diabetics I have seen an endocrine who knew more about diabetes than a diabetic.Do you refer to these "experts"?

Among the planned actions there will be conferences given by Dr. Luis Gutiérrez in which he will speak to the members of the autonomic diabetic associations about the importance he has for a person with diabetes lead a healthy lifestyle.

What news !!!And we who believed that we should smoke, drink a lot and eat a lot of junk food.Good luck that these Renaissance geniuses come to let us know.: Shock:

He will also try to convey on how a balanced diet and sport help keep blood glucose levels controlled.

And how will they try to convey, by Telepatia?:))

Now seriously, for this, have the Fede created, to say obvious to people and touch even more the balls to the diabetics with the typical things that already tell us at all hours?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/27/2013 7:58 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Even if you don't believe it, there are still people who say those things.
Luckily, there are less and fewer uninformed people, but there is still a lot of inculture in diabetes, especially in type 2 diabetes.

Fede what he does in this campaign are 3 things:

- Support an athlete with diabetes.Bea García.If Fede does not support the very few athletes with Spanish public diabetes that there are, then you will tell me.
If instead of Belén Esteban, a Barça or Madrid soccer player, had diabetes, perhaps another rooster would sing to us.
- Be present in the daily press.It is very necessary to talk (correctly) of diabetes in the press, in teletypes, in news.
- If support for that campaign can scratch some sponsorship (Balabs) and generate more projects aimed at patients much better.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2013 3:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I totally agree with you Owash, it seems to me that it is very important to value these experiences, make them known and support them, people like Bea can encourage many diabetics who think that the world is over and that they will no longer be able to do anything, no, Bea García competes in tattrafond tests continuously and his diabetes does not prevent him from doing so.For me it is an example.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2013 4:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.