Hello, I'm new and I'm a little lost

FJavier's profile photo   05/30/2013 10:52 a.m.

Good, I have been diagnosed with just a month ago, or so my doctors thought.I was hospitalized with a glycemia close to 420, a fuck, I was fine, but I had the symptoms of the DM1.I drank water to the gross, ate non -stop and lost about 8 kilos.The analytics that made the alarm jump (for pure chance) were barbaras;850 triglycerides, 356 glucose and 16 glycosylated hemoglobin, as well as ketone and glucose bodies in urine.With this plan I was hospitalized for a week and made deepest analyzes, I left the hospital with 18u de Lantus and with order that if my blood glucose before meals was above 250 I put 4u novorapid (I had more values ​​depending onof the glycemia that presented).I immediately changed my diet and continued doing sports (I do an average of 2 hours a day of physical exercise) and despite wearing a 2500kcal diet in the central hours of the day I entered hypoglycemia.Total that I went down the dose of Lantus (I never reached 260 glycemia, not even postpondrial) and now I walk for the 8U.The surprise has come a few days ago when the immunology analytics came to me, I have given negative in anti-Islets, Anti Gad and Anti id2.This is quite uncommon and has dislodged us all, because although I present normal values ​​during the day, my blood glucose rises during the night, getting up with values ​​that range between 80-160.I still present hypoglycemia as soon as I have more normal activity (sport included) and with only 8u of Lantus.As about 5 times a 500kcal per intake per 500kcal.The truth is that if I was already lost when they told me about the DM1 now I don't know where I live.
They will repeat the analysis to ensure the reliability of the former, but begin to think that it can be induced.One question, since I have to go fasting, will I prick my corresponding dose of Lantus in the morning?I'm afraid to get hypoglycemic for clicking my insulin and not having breakfast.

My normal weight was between 92-95kg I measure 1.92m and I'm not obese.Currently 85kg.

Thank you and sorry for the parrafada.

FJavier's profile photo
FJavier
05/30/2013 10:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Fjavier.Welcome to the club.

So you tell, I think there is no doubt that you are diabetic.There are types of diabetes that are not diagnosed so clearly, such as lada or mody.

In any case, there are things that are common.I will try to help you with some doubts:

Glycemiae do not have to do with both calories and carbohydrate rations.It is the hydrates that influence glutemia, and, in a much less significant way, proteins and fats also have, more like factors that slow or not absorption.

Regarding or not, the lantus when you go fasting, I would not change the guideline, since Lantus is not fast action, but covers the basal needs (not counting the intakes), so I would put it equally.

Surely, you are on a honeymoon, so your insulin needs are going down until pancreatic reserves are over.That's why you need less Lantus.And you have to keep in mind that exercise is also hypoglycemic, but glycemias usually goes down not immediately, but hours after exercise.

Anyway, go telling us the news and we will guide you in everything we can.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/30/2013 11:37 a.m.

Welcome to the Club, Fjavier

I think we have never commented on this in the forum, but there are 2 subtypes of type 1 diabetes:

- Type 1a diabetes.Autoimmue origin.In 90%, more or less, of the cases they have the presence of 1 or more anti -caddes, antigad or IA2.In the rest of the patients, they are not detected, which does not mean discarding the diagnosis.It is usually associated with a HLA gene.

- Diabetestipo 1b, idiopathic, or negative antibodies.There are no antibodies or associated with HLA genes.More frequent in Japanese or African -American population.

It could be that these antibodies exist but have been destroyed and therefore do not recognize in the analytics.

I imagine that now they will have to study how your cells that produce insulin (beta cells) are through an analysis of the C peptide (it is a simple analytical) and see if you have some of the genes related to type 1 diabetes (the HLA thatHe said before).

The absence of autoimmunity markers, if in the end they are confirmed, would discard other forms of diabetes that ALEA comments like Lada or Modly ... but you have to see it.
Sometimes it is not easy to diagnose a diabetes well.

As for the lantus, you should consult the doctor. You must start it, but if you want to stay calmer, put on a couple of units less ... although I do not think anything happens, as soon as they click you you are going to breakfast and voila.

DiabetesForo
05/30/2013 12:23 p.m.

Thank you very much for the information!The truth is that I am in embers of the antibodies, I am costing me to assume the disease, which I suppose it is normal given the little time that I have lived with it and the one that the doctors are not completely convinced ascents me even more.

On Monday they will make me the analysis again and we will see what it is.From what I see I have a lot to learn about my illness and about myself.Because what is clear is that I have had a pancreatic failure, yes or yes, in my family there is no history of diabetes but of pancreas cancer and other hormonal problems such as thyroid and such.

In reference to carbohydrates rations, are they in proportion to your daily activity, right?I mean, what now does not differ from what I ate before the diagnosis, I am a athlete since I have memory (I am 33 years old) and my diet has always been between 5 and 6 meals a day, low in saturated fats and rich inproteins and fiber.That is to say that if for example I am used to eating complex glucides (oats, fibers, fruit and such) to maintain my activity, when it goes down it I will also have to lower the glucid blocks like.Because in my blood glucose measures if I see the clear pattern that the days of sports rest I have higher values, eating the same.

Do you recommend that you continue avoiding pasta and rice at night?Or at least it is in small quantity.As well as processed flours and things.

By the way, clicking my fingers 6 times daily is a tostón, I don't know if just to click in the morning and before meals.

FJavier's profile photo
FJavier
05/30/2013 1:19 p.m.

Welcome, and a great greeting from Barcelona.

DiabetesForo
05/30/2013 4:20 p.m.

Welcome!!!!!
Here you have a diabetic for 12 and a half years that also gave negative in antibodies, I entered the hospital almost in a coma and with all the symptoms.Despite having given negative, doctors had no doubt about the diagnosis, type 1 diabetes and with insulin from the beginning.They repeated the analysis of the autoimmunity markers and left negative again within a few months.

DiabetesForo
05/30/2013 5:48 p.m.

Hi there!First of all thanks for your comments.I did not write before because I was waiting for the corresponding results and appointments.I have been repeated by the analysis, with a new negative in autoimmune markers, not only that, my cholesterol, triglycerides and urine (neither glucose nor ketones) have come out perfectly normal.Glycosylated hemoglobin, 6% lower than the previous month and ... was with two units of Lantus per day and in glycemia values ​​before meals between 100 and 115. If I do sports under 85 but in general thatIt is what I give.I have been told to try to take my insulin to see what happens, and two days later, equal, normal values, perhaps a bit high on an empty stomach, about 105-110.So, a little file X. The doctor and the endocrine say that it is possible that it has been a pancreatic disorder induced by various factors, right now we are trying to isolate what could have been.They have also told me that it is unlikely that my pancreas totally recovers its functionality and that the diet and sugar control are for life.They have also told me that except miracle, sooner or later I will be completely insulin dependent.In summary, I have an insulin production disorder, I will continue with control and see how I go.And above all, knowing what horn I have done or has happened to me to induce a pancreatic failure of this level.
All the best!And I'll keep informing ...

FJavier's profile photo
FJavier
06/21/2013 7:02 a.m.

Hi Fjavier!

Congratulations for your transient "diabetes".Hopefully you do not have problems with blood glucose and the thing has remained in an anecdote to tell the grandchildren.

It seems that your pancreas has been Pachucho for a while, but it has already recovered.You are a privileged!: D

In case the flies, do not hit many binge of carbohydrates.It will not be that your pancreas gets angry again.:))

Greetings!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
06/22/2013 8:36 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

Like everything in this life, things always always in its fair measure!;)

flanders's profile photo
flanders
07/16/2013 2:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.