NEW FOR THESE LARES

santiago_ms's profile photo   05/30/2013 8:46 p.m.

Hello,

My name is Santiago, I am 19 years old, I am Galician, type I diabetic and I have debuted exactly two months ago, on March 31.The news was quite abrupt.He had been drinking and urinating a lot for two weeks.I study in Santiago de Compostela, and a Sunday that was in my hometown I decided to go to the doctor before returning to Santiago, since that day I had started a pain in the kidney area.Without major concern, I go and decide to look at the blood glucose.What is my surprise when he tells me without ton or are: "Chico, you are diabetic."I had a glycemia of 325. very scared and without almost vocalizing I asked him that it was dangerous to have such a sugar level.The "doctor" told me textually that no, that the dangerous was to have more than 400. He gave me a diet of 1500 kcal (weighing 58 kg and measuring 1.83) and told me that on Tuesday he went to my head doctor.As it is understandable, I went out practically crying from the consultation, and with it I called my mother (I was traveling) and started crying.He told me to reassure me and to go to the hospital with my aunt, that she was on his way.No sooner said than done.I go to the hospital, they make a series of tests throughout the night and confirm the obvious: I am diabetic.I did not stick an eye in more than 24 hours.They explain everything related to the disease and discharge me.

With the passing of the days I acquire little by little experience, but I am currently sincerely sunk.I am of exams, and I have left all.I lacked two weeks to class because of the debut, I did not dare to go there, and now every time I try to study I do not give concentrate.I have uncontrolled controls.Sometimes I have 200 peaks, sometimes I have dances to 45, and I despair.I have my head made a mess, I don't know what to do and I am even considering giving the race, since if I do not approve 9 of 10 subjects I do not opt ​​for scholarship and I cannot afford to study out without a scholarship.I am very low of morals, I do not feel like doing anything, just stay at home, and sincerely when I see my friends I feel some envy.

I know that I am not the only one who has gone through this and that it is not the worst situation in the world, much less, but the truth, I do not know if I am too dramatic or what, but I feel that diabetes has ruined my plansFuture.

Thanks for listening to me, I needed to vent.

santiago_ms's profile photo
santiago_ms
05/30/2013 8:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Santiago.
You are the same age as my daughter, although she debuted at age 8, so we have already been a long journey.
It is normal that you are disoriented and low of morals.You need to explain you well what the disease consists of and how to master it.Without that, you are disoriented and lost.
Look for a good endocrinological team, where there is an educator in diabetes to explain everything well, and you will see how everything is easier.
Do not let anything ruin your illusions or your future.
Here you have us to help you with doubts.
Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/30/2013 10:36 p.m.

I am currently a little sunk.I am of exams, and I have left all.I lacked two weeks to class because of the debut, I did not dare to go there, and now every time I try to study I do not give concentrate.I have uncontrolled controls.Sometimes I have 200 peaks, sometimes I have dances to 45, and I despair.I have my head made a mess, I don't know what to do and I am even considering giving the race, since if I do not approve 9 of 10 subjects I do not opt ​​for scholarship and I cannot afford to study out without a scholarship.I am very low of morals, I do not feel like doing anything, just stay at home, and sincerely when I see my friends I feel some envy.

I know that I am not the only one who has gone through this and that it is not the worst situation in the world, much less, but the truth, I do not know if I am too dramatic or what, but I feel that diabetes has ruined my plansFuture.

Something similar happened to me, diabetes arose before the finals when I studied engineering.I wanted to study completely and I left the race immediately.To sacrifice me to study if what the "educators" had told me in the hospital, I thought I had no future, and "I was going to die among terrible sufferings.":( however I am 20 years later, without any of those problems and with a fairly relaxed control.

Honestly, in my case I do not regret having left the race, because deep down I hated her.Do you really like?Later, while working, I studied another that I liked more in a quiet plan.What I regret is to have moved away from my friends, although it is true that I had a bad time trying to follow his rhythm a little wild.: |

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/30/2013 10:57 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Welcome Santiago!:)
Do not be discouraged and continue, you are very young.Even if you have left all the subjects, you will have time to recover them.Now take the necessary time to learn everything you need about the control of the disease, and soon you will recover the reins of your life.

A big hug Santiago!Cheer up!!: D

olmo's profile photo
olmo
05/31/2013 10:51 a.m.

Hi Santiago,

I debuted 6 months ago, and I know perfectly what you are happening.I went to the doctor because I had a few days that I had an exaggerated thirst, I drink too much water, urinated a lot and also lost weight ... like almost everyone, looking on the Internet, everything led me to I had diabetes, but I took importance ... because of notworry before time.They made me analysis and when I picked them up the following week ... They entered me at that moment with 600 sugar.The news as you can imagine, I sat like a jug of cold water:-/.

You think ... I have diabetes, and now what?You think your life is going to change, at first there are times to overcome you, that you do not understand why after eating you have given 218 if you have punctured what they had told you in the hospital, and then it drops to 50, youYou see insecure for those high and low that also leave you badly and you think that you will not be able to lead the life you took before, but ... you are wrong!At first it is a bewilderment, because you do not understand anything ... but as they have said very well, it is essential that you find an educator in diabetes that explain to you very well what the disease consists of.Once you have that, with time and experience the doctor will be you, and also the best: d.

You have only 2 months and the thoughts you have are normal, at the beginning it is a chaos ... but believe me that as time goes by you will be much more autonomous and you will see everything in a much more positive way.No one from here has chosen to be diabetic, but it is what has touched us, and it really is not something that prevents us from doing anything.

From here I send you a lot of encouragement, and that you know that any questions you have always can ask you here ... there are people with a lot of experience and that they know a lot about this.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
05/31/2013 3:07 p.m.

I debut very recently, approximately about 2 months, although I had been dragging it for years, but without finding out, the day that a myst companion who is over I think I think it was more flipped than me, sinceSay 462.
I did not know this "disease" or rather, let's say that I knew her, but never paid attention to her, so that you have an idea, I did not know the maximum or the minimum, when she told me that it was to be in a hospital, let's say that IIt was so Pancho, sincerely it was good, it was not bad.
Thank God to this day I have not taken it badly, I have changed simply food inhabitants, now let's say that I take care of me, before I did not go, but I do not have affected me in my daily life at all, only onlyThat now I take medications that I didn't take anything before.
I have collected the maximum information about diabetes, even though there are things that do not findReasonable (I don't say that he is doing it right or badly) and already is.
Think that this is a very common "disease" that truly and forgives if I tell you this way, but if you saw me I tell you about a good royo, you will take it as you want, and I see that you are taking it to youA bad, I tell you as it is said in the television series that is coming, that we are lions or eggs, in this life you have to make two pairs and throw forward, and each one takes the problems as they want to take them as I havesaid before.
There is a saying that says ...
The problem that has a solution is not a problem, it has a solution.
The problem that has no solution is no problem, it has no solution.
With this "disease" I assure you that you make your normal normal and current life as until now, the only thing to change are habits, eat better or healthier, call it as you want, sport (look now you will have a better body), some pills, and littlemore thing, now sincerely, tell me what's wrong with this disease ???What can't you do ????I don't know, I assure you that there are worse things.

DiabetesForo
05/31/2013 5:59 p.m.

Hello!To encourage you, I will tell you that my daughter debuted with 5 years, has no complication, and is finishing architecture.It makes a very normal life, within the routine of the controls.
That you are 200 times and 45 others, it is very normal, especially shortly after the debut, when you still do not have the controlled doses.
It is true that it is a strong blow to debut at your age, but once you assume it and calm you, you can continue with your life and a future ahead.
Take the time you need to relax and, if you need it, see the psychiatrist to take away your anxiety and can sleep.
Then you will continue with your normal life.They may keep the scholarship, with the corresponding medical certificate, at least it should be like that.
A hug and a lot of encouragement: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/31/2013 7:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Jelou, Welcome to Matrix

I bet a couple of insulin bolis that in your student environment there is some other diabetes case, and you had not even aware ...
It has happened to almost all, of not having the most remote idea of ​​this diabetes to surprise you recognizing a reactive strip on the street of the street: Mrgreen: seeing someone by clicking the insulin in the bar, asking for saccharin forCoffee or hearing conversations about diabetes on the bus.
It's like pregnant women, who only make other pregnant women when they go down the street :))
That is why I say the welcome to Matrix, your new world ... only we need neo: |

Your reaction is to some extent normal.
You go from feeling 100% healthy to feel 100% sick, in a very short time and with hardly any explanations.
And it is logical that you need time.

You need to take confidence, with yourself and with the disease.
You're going to manage, you're going to master it ... just as we have done all.
But everything takes time.

Try to think positive.
Having hypoglycemia (usually when you go down 50 or 60) implies several positive things.
1.- realize the hypoglycemia itself.Everyone has our own symptoms that we recognize quickly ... it gives it the experience.You don't need anyone to tell you that you are wrong, you control it yourself.
2.- Know how you have to go back.I imagine that they will have already explained the slow and fast hydrates ... It is pure knowledge.You do not depend on anyone to solve the setback.
3.- Always have the appropriate means very close.Since I debuted I have a bag on (eye, I am a boy .... no girl 8)), where apart from the keys, wallet etc. I carry a meter+glucose+cookies ... wherever I am I always have resources to trace a hypo.The same, you don't depend on anyone.
4.- Going out an hypo, is a "satisfaction" ... self-confidence, you control diabetes and you are above it.In short, you take security.

And the same goes for hyperglycemia.

What do you study?
As Sherpa says, the important thing is that you like what you study ...
If for whatever it may not be this year, you have to look for all the possibilities that have ...

I finish the discourse-moral, inviting you to ask what you want in any section of the forum ... even if you look like the most dripping question in the world, better to solve it among all than to keep doubts ...

DiabetesForo
06/01/2013 2:54 a.m.

Good and do not be discouraged here in this disease 1+1 are not always 2 passes to all, try concentrate so that you approve and continue with the studies ...

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
06/04/2013 8:25 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

And as Owash says I went to class with a girl who was also diabetics I found out when one day I found her in the endocrine so Owash if we came to see bet you would have won two bolis

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
06/04/2013 8:28 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Welcome to one of the best "endos" of Cabezera, Santiago.Some already debuted with 21 there for 1970, where as you can assume there were neither meters, nor bolis, nor forums, nor anything at all, nor were they expected, and here we continue to resist.At least for me it is easy to understand your frustration, even if it was only for having gone through the same thing, but with many more problems than you can find now.I think the fundamental thing is that you try to turn the situation around and go from "being afraid of everything" to "not being afraid of anything."In the forum you have all kinds of examples and situations that will surely serve you and that of course will help you.
I wanted to take advantage to abound in what is written by Samozeus: "In this disease 1+1 are not always 2".According to my friend Manolín's theorem, only in mathematics it is given that A = B+C;When mathematics is added to a surname (financial mathematics, political, statistics, ....... diabetic), the formula is modified by the following: a = b+c+-d.D is a correction factor that Manolin calls "depends."The "depends" factor can modify both the result of A, which sometimes results in a completely different value that would give the most elementary common sense.And in "diabetic mathematics", "D" is, in many occasions, more significant than A and that B. influence so many complex variables as the mood.Maybe to start this is the most important thing, hence the "fear of everything" to "not fear anything."
Elemo Santiago

Lone's profile photo
Lone
06/04/2013 2:20 p.m.

Hello Santiago !!!I am the mother of a child who just turned 10 debuted with type1 diabetes.This happened in September 2012, with which we have been walking little but I can assure you that intense.From the first days recently out of the hospital with doubts and mistakes, to the present where he went two days of excursion with the school, where despite my concern he developed as a champion.He knows what he can eat and what not, and what amounts he should eat, and although I thought they were going to take special care with his diet, it was not so, he was the one who controlled himself.So think that if you can do it a 10 -year -old boy who can not.
The initial fears are the most normal, and if you lose the course it is not because you will devote yourself to vague.
We are from Santiago and I can tell you that the treatment of endocrine is spectacular, of course we talk about pediatric endocrinology, but surely there are great adult endocrine.I will also tell you that in the school of my son there are several children with diabetes, I do not know if it is coincidence, but in his class there is a girl who also suffers, in Infant there is a small and in high school there are two more children.
I give you a sad welcome, sad because it would be better not to give you, but I will give you all the support you need and help it in what I know about this disease.
A great greeting.

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/18/2013 7:51 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.