Emilio Esteban.Musician and diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/05/2013 1:49 p.m.

I leave an interview that I have done to Emilio Esteban:
The phrase is attributed to George Bernard Shaw: "There is always someone who kisses and another who limits himself to allowing the kiss."

On April 7, 2010 Emilio Esteban decided to be the one who kisses the DM1, did not limit themselves to receiving them.Nothing was going to stop his illusion of being a musician, so much less was going to stop a disease like DM1.

He continued working, studying and learning, as a musician and as a patient.

His first topic dedicated to diabetes, donates benefits for diabetes research.

In Spain we need public referents of people with diabetes.Emilio Esteban can be one of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing is to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

The diabetes have it every day.Do you also wear music every day?
Yes, music is something you have to continually insist and only then can you get what you want, as with diabetes.

Could we say that Javier Catalá is your "endocrine of music"?
Of course, he is whom I owe all this.He is the one who accompanies me hand in all my tour of the world of music.

The song of "I depend on you" was produced under his direction and was incredible.It is a pleasure to be able to work with people who have been with great artists such as Ricky Martin, Miguel Bosé, Alejandro Sanz, etc.

He is the person who guides me in music, basically, as my endocrine with diabetes does.

What kind of music do you like to do?
I like to make pop/rock, and my main inspiration comes from an artist named John Mayer, who was the one who transmitted that way of singing while touching the guitar.

"I depend on you" composed in part your brother, right?It is important to let you help and rely on your environment.
Yes, my brother was the main creator of "depending on you", although there are only a few phrases from all the text that he dedicated to me.

It is very important to let yourself be helped, all help with this disease is very valuable.

It is nonsense, but I have noticed that in almost all your photos you always leave in front; do you consider that you face face to face with what comes to you?
It is not nonsense, it is a very interesting observation, it is true that I face face to face with reality.

After debut we all feel fear, we feel strange and insecure, as you say in the song ... After only 3 years, do you live it as a distant memory?
The truth is that yes, it seems weird because 3 years are nothing, but I remember it as if it had been a lifetime, I don't even remember when I was not diabetic.

What plans do you have as a musician?

We are already preparing the album under the musical production of Javier Catalá, I hope you have a good result and can make me known.

You touch the guitar, but you also make digital glycemias, although you have a continuous meter, you have to continue doing some other digital blood glucose every day.Almost all of us usually bring marks in the fingertips because of the glycemia.Do you take care of the fingers in any way?
Yes, for me the fingers are a very precious good because I depend on them to play the guitar and I am careful with them, for example, carrying gloves whenever I can and carrying disinfectant in the meter.

More than once my finger began to bleed while I touched the guitar.

We go with a little humor.Have you tried to play the guitar with the insulin pump as a slide?You can find a new sound ... I think that in the Medtronic user manual on the pump this does notprohibit, hahahaha so you should be able to do.
If my doctors find out that I do that with the bomb, the speech that would surely give me would not be very nice haha

The truth is that I have never tried it but one day I will try hehe

Brian May used a currency like a spotal network ... Do you see yourself using a reactive strip? A pump catheter, perhaps?Hehehehe
Haha the truth is that I do not see myself using a strip ... In addition the reactive strips are small and surely with the first song it would have already broken down and I would give me a measurement error ...

And with a pump catheter I don't think it's easy to play the guitar with that hehehe

Let's come back to the serious, talk to us a bit of the continuous meter.I guess you will give you great security.
It gives me great security in the sense of hypoglycemia, but still the continuous meter is not very advanced and sometimes goes crazy and says that these hypoglycemic when you are not, but in concerts it is of great help because it warns me of how I am.

Finally, open space to tell us what you want ... to your fans, your glucocolegas ...
Well, first of all, thank you all for the support I am receiving.

People are very aware of what music and diabetes are.It is a luxury that is being accepted in music to reflect what I felt with diabetes when I debuted and not for anything else.

For me that people know what diabetes means and what we feel is the main thing and I hope to make myself known in this form and as an example of example for diabetics.

I also ask you to buy the song depending on you in iTunes, in order to raise funds for diabetes research.

For only € 0.99 they can have a song for life

Link

Much encouragement to all and thanks!Every dream is possible.

I wait for you at:

Facebook:

Twitter:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/05/2013 1:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here you have the link to see and hear the song

Link ;V=RTAUSMovefq

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/05/2013 1:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.