Lunch without insulin

reme's profile photo   06/03/2011 8:49 a.m.

Well, I walk here.
It turns out that while my daughter was admitted to her actrapid at 7:30 in the morning, she had breakfast at 8 a glass of milk and 4 cookies and at 11 a snack and a glass of milk, without putting insulin

When they were discharged, it turns out that this cannot be done because the courtyard of the institute is at 11:30, then it gets a novorapid and has breakfast a glass of milk and a snack and at the time of the patio a milk bric without putting insulin, as it came very low to food 2 and a half, a few days ago, 2 cookies with milk in the school's courtyard.All this because she didn't want to prick in school.

Now before yesterday we are going endocrine and educators, and then after 1 month they are discharged, they explain the roll of the Rations and tell us that I know how to stay hungry until the food is taken to school a snack and a bricof milk, without putting insulin.

Then I do not understand, if the actrapid was put the school snack had to be at 11 and not at 11:30, and if the novorapid was put, it had to be put at 11:30 again for the snack,And now not, and because if from the insulin of 7:30 until they go they go the same hours as from food to dinner, because insulin must be put in the snack.

I hope I have explained well, because I have paved.

reme's profile photo
reme
06/03/2011 8:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The actrapid has its maximum effect between 2 and 3 hours, more or less.And lasts approximately 7 hours

Novorapid has its maximum effect from the first hour and hardly lasts about 3 hours.

In the hospital, when using Actrapid I had to eat the sandwich because 4 hours after the insulin puncture still had an insulin actrapid in the body and therefore needed to eat so as not to have a descent.

In the school, when changing novorapid, in principle I would not need insulin for lunch, the novorapid only covered breakfast ... but as in the school it spends a lotTomorrow the milk+the cookies or a snack so as not to have downs and to be able to get well at the time of the food.

In the afternoon, perhaps, you don't need to snack because you don't spend so much.In addition, the body usually needs more insulin in the morning than in the afternoon.

As always, experience (self -control) is a degree and that is what the clues are going to give you what tennis to do.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/04/2011 4:49 a.m.

Thank you for your explanation, but in the afternoon if snack and if it is insulin, that's what I don't understand why you get it and for lunch not

reme's profile photo
reme
06/04/2011 1:06 p.m.

Hello remo,

The reactions of the body to insulin are not pure mathematics, that is 2+2 they will rarely be 4. If your daughter has debuted not long ago it is possible that it is on a honeymoon, this means that its pancreas still continues to produce insulinAlthough not enough, so insulin needs at the beginning will vary depending on what they give to your pancreas to produce at all times.In addition, as Owash has told you, at mid -morning if you get together with recess your daughter surely plays, exercise ... so your insulin needs can decrease.In addition if you use novorapid, I suppose it will also be using a basal (Levemir or Lantus) if it is Lantus that is usually once a day, it will also depend on the time at which it is put on since in the early hours after the settingbe more active.

As you see, many factors come together, they can all control but not 100%, the best solution is to make controls and see the trends of the values ​​at different times of the day depending on meals and exercise, and with that going calculating theInsulin needs.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
06/04/2011 1:29 p.m.

I had confused me with such food: Mrgreen :;)

What activities do you do in the afternoon? Does it move a lot?

If you spend little glucose and snack it is very normal for you to need insulin so as not to get to dinner with a beautiful 200 ...
With everything Crio it is important that it feeds well, or not have diabetes ...

As Marta says, we assume that she will also take a novorapid will take another insulin ... I lean more for the NPH ...

DiabetesForo
06/04/2011 2:15 p.m.

Hello,
Well in the afternoon it does not do much but neither for and puts 10 of levemir in the morning and 4 at night

reme's profile photo
reme
06/05/2011 7:01 a.m.

Reme, the key is always in self -analysis ... If in the snack it does not put insulin and arrives with 250 to dinner, that means that it should be put insulin in the snack;However, if the snack does not carry many hydrates or does a lot of activity in the afternoon and at dinner it comes with acceptable values ​​(for me 140 or less) it is possible that I do not need insulin in the middle of the afternoon.

The basal-bolus (Levemir+Novorapid) guidelines theoretically indicates that the Levemir covers the minimum insulin (basal) needs and the novorapid covers the insulin needs every time he eats.That is, 5 meals are 5 novorapid+ injections the 2 of Levemir.
This is the theory ... in practice what commands are glycemia.

Fixed guideline is not because it depends on several variables: exercise, food, previous glycemia, nerves, infections or diseases, etc ...

DiabetesForo
06/06/2011 2:37 p.m.

Thanks Owash, now I see it clearer

reme's profile photo
reme
06/07/2011 12:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.