Axa creates the first life insurance in Spain for diabetics

whelanss's profile photo   06/12/2011 7:12 p.m.

Hello everyone,

ax>, and we are making informative group sessions for people interested in receiving information from this insurance that we sell with the life risk name.

As I have already mentioned in other forums where I participate, the experience is being very rewarding for both parties, I am specifically learning with each one the guests to our informative sessions.

In the meetings, attendees value above all that for the first time an insurance company offers to assure this group and adapt the price of insurance to each person, through a six -question questionnaire that takes into account various specific factors related to thediabetes.

And, on the other hand, the incorporation of a telephone line of medical care to customers and relatives that includes free of medical guidance on measures to take into account when making trips and a medical emergency service, with sending a doctoror an ambulance if necessary.

In this sense, axFirst to eliminate barriers and advance non -discrimination.

I attach the news of our press room

I encourage you to contact me, I work in Valencia and I am at your entire disposition.

whelanss's profile photo
whelanss
06/12/2011 7:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What I am going to say I have already told the head of Axa of my area at a meeting that I had with him last week, and he said that he would raise him to the central, but since you have put this topic here, I will comment tooHere for you and all people with diabetes of this forum:

It does not allow people with more than 25 years of evolution.

Taking into account the improvement in the life expectancy of people with diabetes, 25 years with this disease is very common today.I myself meet that premise and I am still young, which makes that conditioner into something very restrictive and above all, absurdly, because I am surely in much better health than another person with diabetes who are less years old andTake care of less.The important thing is the rest of the parameters that you have established in order to "filter" the insured based on risk;Hemoglobin, triglycerides, cholesterol, ta ... but not the years of evolution.Or that at least that value is not limiting condition.I think you were wrong.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/13/2011 5:25 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I do not know who will have taken the negotiations (Catalonia?) Or who was the initiative, if the insurer or Fede, but at least the first step has already been taken to solve a serious problem.
I hope the competition puts the batteries and there are more and better proposals in the market.

As I have repeated many times, diabetes and their affected, is a niche market, almost virgin, at all levels.

As far as I know, Axa is based on the study of the Responsible Risk Life Product ”of March 2011. Total shows 202 interviewed, between 30 and 60 years with children and working full -time.
Perhaps, this survey has not been well designed enough and has given rise to partially misleading results because the sample seems to me anything but representative.

Our experience with doctors is often disastrous ... especially in type 1, let's not say with insulin bombs ... What specialized training is required to professionals who attend medical service phones?

I am surprised that you are specific information about dialysis and specifically omitted ophthalmology (probably with much greater incidence) ...

Why the Coaching program, in its interventions, limit it to 1 year?Our disease is chronic and there are certain states/needs that are probably all over 1 year ...

Regarding the subscription policy:
- Do not ensure gestational diabetes?
- Other types of diabetes are out?MODY, Lada ...
- Do they accept glycosylated up to 11%?: Shock: ... It seems nonsense, although of course they accept smokers up to 20 cigarettes (I imagine that a week) and 20 alcohol drinks (week?) ... ...

As Gondullo says, limiting the hiring of insurance to 25 years is a shit of the copon ... quite poorly advised, because many type 1 have debuted before the age of 12 with which they have to hire the insurance before the 37.
A meaningless.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/13/2011 2:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.