{'en': 'Artificial sweeteners without calories "mislead" the organism', 'es': 'Los edulcorantes artificiales sin calorias "despistan" al organismo'} Image

Artificial sweeteners without calories "mislead" the organism

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/12/2013 6:20 a.m.

Artificial sweeteners without calories ‘mislead’ to the body
Prepared for glucose sweetness, metabolism is lacking with the other substances
This mismatch can be the cause of heart problems, hypertension or overweight
Emilio de Benito Madrid 11 Jul 2013 - 13:44 CET103

Archive in: Sugar Medical Research Obesity Hypertension Arterial Diseases Metabolism Diets Cardiovascular disease Endocrine diseases Medical treatment Diseases Medicine Food Scientific research health Science protest against the prohibition of sugary drinks./ Reuters

Artificial sweeteners, especially in drinks, are the sought remedy- and sold- to lose weight.But a growing number of studies, especially Americans, suggest that they are not so healthy either.It is true that they do not provide calories such as glucose, but their excessive consumption can lead to problems of metabolism, cardiac, hypertension or even for a rebound effect of weight gain, says Susan Swithers, professor of human behavior and eating habits at the University ofPurdueBut Swithers goes further, and in an article published in a magazine in the Cell Press group gives an explanation: the organism is misleading with the taste and metabolism is mismatched.

The work, done in animals, points to a curious explanation: the intake of sweeteners- artificial something- unleashes in the body the answer that would be adequate when it takes sugar- natural.This implies insulin production and all other metabolic processes.What happens is that these hormones find that they have nothing to act, which is a metabolic imbalance.In addition, when a real sugar intake arrives, the organism, cuared by the previous experiences, does not believe it, and does not react.

Although it is a previous job, Swithers's first objective is fulfilled.Part of the adverse effects of consumption (always in large quantities) of sweeteners were attributed to the individual himself."As I don't take sugar, I can eat this hamburger," Swithers exemplifies.But, logically, this does not happen in animals.

More information
Sweeteners contribute to increasing weight
"Sacarina is a potential agent of cancer in humans"
Sweeteners induce to eat more
"The health concern of these non -caloric sweeteners is something that many people do not want to admit," says Swithers on the University's website."Especially because these products are taken more and more.""There is great pressure from the public sector to find solutions that counteract the increase in obesity and chronic diseases, and there is a lot of money and business in play for the food industry that develops and promotes these products," he adds.“Drinks are becoming a key issue in health policy, and more as governments implement taxes to avoid the consumption of sugary drinks, but most of these measures exclude drinks with other sweeteners because they are considered healthy.When making political decisions, it is more important than ever to take into account what science says. ”

Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/12/2013 6:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Is it known if Stevia includes? Does it also affect the organism?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/12/2013 9:12 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I did not know that the saccharin is carcinogena, nor that the sweeteners were bad, meadow, you just left me a little

DiabetesForo
07/12/2013 6:03 p.m.

Well, like parsley or many other herbs, consuming them in excess is harmful.

The study (in English): Link

And they mention the stevia, at the same level as the rest of the sweeteners.

And expanding: Link
For those who say that stevia lowers blood glucose .... exactly the same as aspartamo

DiabetesForo
07/13/2013 6:55 a.m.

Quiet Maikel that for that would have to take some exaggerated doses.Anyway I do not want to add more chemicals to my body than we take without knowing ...... That is why I prefer to sweeten with sugar or honey.

DiabetesForo
07/13/2013 8:06 a.m.

I still do not see how the edulcorants of the pancreas deceive to secrete insulin without having carbohydrates, to me the explanation that like Pedro and the Wolf, before the edulcorants segrega insulin confusing the body and then when you will see and throw sugarNo, it leaves me a little crazy.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/14/2013 8:46 a.m.

You are right, now it turns out that language and pancreas are connected ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/14/2013 1:30 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, every day I wear a liquid saccharin jet every time I take milk ....:-(((

DiabetesForo
08/10/2013 10:12 a.m.

I also take a lot of liquid saccharin and for many years and I hope nothing happens that until now has not happened to me.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/26/2013 7:45 a.m.

All in excess is bad, there are many carcinogenic products but if we would analyze the preservatives of everything we eat, we would not simply eat.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
08/26/2013 8:13 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

The natural stevia I do not believe that it enters into that category of artificial sweeteners.I speak of the unrelated sheet

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
08/26/2013 3:46 p.m.

Well, I have tried the sweetener that Natreen sells that he says that he is made with Stevia and you have to take half a liter to sweeten something.I don't like.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/27/2013 7:13 a.m.

You have tried the Truvia? I like it a lot, they say that it is Stevia and sweetens a barbarity, it goes in grain like sugar but there is 1/3 part of what you would put in sugar, how concentrated it is ... you knowIf it's good or bad? ... is it that it loves ...

fer's profile photo
fer
08/27/2013 9:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Yesterday I was with the nurse and told me to stop taking sweeteners, no pills, no dust or liquid, who have received a circular that the diabetics and people who take sweeteners stop taking them, that better the stevia.

Valla lio.

DiabetesForo
08/30/2013 6:26 a.m.

I take zero soft drinks to endure hunger.I know that all that is not very healthy for anyone but in the case of the diabetic is even worse?

LaSelva's profile photo
LaSelva
06/19/2022 5:29 p.m.

66 años. DMII desde 6/22. Jardiance 10 1/0/0. Metformina 850 0/1/1. Ozempic 0’50 1 semanal. Hb A1c mayo/22: 12’1- octubre/22: 6’1

laselva said:
I take zero soft drinks to endure hunger.I know that all that is not very healthy for anyone but in the case of the diabetic is even worse?

It is the same as for a non -diabetic.It does not affect glucose, then the issue of taking processed things is another story, well it is not for anyone, but come on, I take, something will have to drink apart from water.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/19/2022 7:17 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The sweet taste is overvalued.
We have numb our taste based on additives such as sugar or sweeteners.Natural foods are full of nuances that we can enjoy if we reeduct our palate.
Spartan sounds, but it is what suits us most.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/19/2022 11:26 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I have dinner at 8 and go to 12 hours at 12. Those 4 hours are infernal, the stomach roars and hunger is pressing.About 10 at night I drink a zero soda and that helps me to endure until I fall asleep.

Last night I changed tactics, at 10 I ate 2 skim yogurts that I had previously frozen (thus it takes longer to eat them and the feeling of satiety is greater).

I do not know what the endocrine will seem to make that extra contribution but it has given me a ‘closed’ diet that you have to eat every day exactly what the role says.It is frustrating.

In addition, although I still do not know much about the subject, so I read in the forum, the goal is to maintain a constant glucose level as far as possible.And those 4 hours of fasting until I fall asleep I do not see it very reasonable.

Another possibility is to change food schedules.I see this more difficult and force us to eat my husband and me at different times, because he goes to Piño fixed, it seems that his body is a clock.

Excuse the post extension.This is around my head and I have no visit to the endocrine until July 21.

My concerns to the ‘veterans’ will seem to you, I hope to assume the disease and its management as you, but for now I have doubts about whether I do it well or not.

This forum is helping me a lot, a lot.Especially not to feel alone.

Thanks for your understanding.

LaSelva's profile photo
LaSelva
06/20/2022 11:51 a.m.

66 años. DMII desde 6/22. Jardiance 10 1/0/0. Metformina 850 0/1/1. Ozempic 0’50 1 semanal. Hb A1c mayo/22: 12’1- octubre/22: 6’1

Endocrine put infumable diets.Monotonous, very restrictive and nothing personalized.
Come on, they open the drawer and take out the standard diet, be high or low, be muscular or soft.
It is much better to go to a good nutritionist.A plan will elaborate according to your tastes and circumstances and will redesign it as you get goals.
But the diet must be accompanied by exercise, especially force (the typical gym machines).
As for soft drinks, I prepare cold infusions.I buy them in the Tea-Shop and they seem very rich.Of course, naturally, no sweetener.At most I put a cinnamon twig.
If you are accustomed to soft drinks and queues they will seem insipid;It is what I say about re-educating the palate.They have subtle flavors, at least it is not simply water.
The two skim yogurts seems to me an error;They do not satisfy anything by not having fat, they do not know anything and have hydrates, everything adds.
I discovered protein yogurts in Mercadona that are quite low in hydrates, they are also skimmed and, by magic (because of the amount of proteins, I suppose) are satiating and are very rich.
All this is my experience and personal opinion.The good thing about the forum is that each one contributes their granite and you can adopt what seems to you that can help you.
It is very hard to be on a diet, true withdrawal syndrome is passed

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/20/2022 4:11 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I didn't know about protein yogurts.Thanks for the information.

LaSelva's profile photo
LaSelva
06/20/2022 6:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.