Otitis

Enma's profile photo   07/16/2013 9:47 a.m.

Hello everyone !!!I would like to know if someone can help me in a doubt that I have.As some of you already know my son debuted on September 21, 2012. We still have our doubts about many things about diabetes and one that has arisen me is this: my son is in a summer camp (daytime, that is, he returns tohouse at noon) and among the many sports activities they have, they have a pool which has caused an otitis (it is prone to them).I go to the question, can otitis, without fever, cause alterations in glycemia?Because these days I was with spectacular glycemia, therefore exercise, and now they have shot a little, especially the night and the morning.
Thank you very much and a great greeting

Enma's profile photo
Enma
07/16/2013 9:47 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Enma,

If you have an infection (otitis) it is normal to affect blood glucose, even if you have no fever, there are also other explanations related to the activity (greater or lesser) and that affect you, I leave you a couple of threads in which it has been treatedThe subject:

Link Questions-diabetes/diabetes-resfrariado-t7071.html
Link
Link Questions-diabetes/diabetes-deporte-t8617.html

fer's profile photo
fer
07/16/2013 11:08 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much Fer for your quick answer.I think everything is due to the infection that as I said, at noon, when it comes from the camp, it is with glycemia of 65-79 and in the morning and night it is higher.I will wait to see what happens and I will have to raise the level of Insulatard, especially at night that is when it is higher.I hope it is not the end of the honeymoon, but I also consider it ...
Thanks, greetings

Enma's profile photo
Enma
07/17/2013 7:12 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

How about the child, Enma?It can of course be due to otitis.Are you getting medical?Also medication can alter blood glucose ... wait for the process to pass and you will see if it is needing more insulin or not.
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/19/2013 6:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia !!Well, Iago is better, at least his ear does not hurt, but his levels are a bit regular.Yesterday I talked to the substitute for his endocrine, that he is on vacation, and he told me to increase the levels of slow and we put a fast unit at meals, and at least night he was already at normal levels (103), although this morning I was 140 and put 3 units of slow and 1 quickly so that it is not so high in the postpondrial.As for what you tell me about the medication we are putting an antibiotic in the affected ear, in drops, so the endo the medication and infection alter the metabolism and we will have to endure a time with these levels.The truth is that he has a lot of mucus and see if he eliminates it and stops affecting the ears why but ...
Thank you very much for your interest.Greetings and a hug

Enma's profile photo
Enma
07/19/2013 8 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.